Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

Yeah, there's still some call for resources from Fall Further. So, just to be safe, everyone might wanna have that installed.

Installed Fall Further, and it still won't load for me.
Please do me a favor and lay out exactly what you did. Step 1, 2, 3, etc. I'll try to find out what's wrong there.

Good morning,
I was looking to download 1.5 and the 1.5 thread redirected me to this one, but I only see about Heart of Chaos. I read through the posts and I'm not seeing anything about it. Could someone point me to it?

Good morning,
I was looking to download 1.5 and the 1.5 thread redirected me to this one, but I only see about Heart of Chaos. I read through the posts and I'm not seeing anything about it. Could someone point me to it?
The new version of Warhammer is called Heart of Chaos. The old version is no longer active, meaning we're not updating it or really checking bugs on it. So, I'd reccomend you install Fall Further, then follow the steps in the 1st post to install Warhammer: Heart of Chaos. Btw, think of Heart of Chaos as what Shadow or Fire were to Fall from Heaven.

Have you guys all got patch b installed in the correct location (extract the downliaded .zip file into your Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03 file) a lot of the bugs you mention (TAG_ERA_... etc) as well as the GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme error should be fixed in that. ill look further into the bugs posted here and make a new patch within a few days (just playing new games i got for xmas :D)

thanks for the testing guys!

I was getting the same errors but the MOD progress bar wouldn't move. I reinstalled the patch, then I got a XML Load Error concerning modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml Then the Tag: ERA_END, ERA_ORDE, ERA_LEAF, ERA_VEIL, ERA_RUNE, ERA_OCTO, ERA_COUN, ERA_EMPY issue comes up. Whenever I hit OK after ERA_EMPY, it cycles back to ERA_END and they all start over.

Hey, registered to also let them know that I'm unable to get this working as well. Using the Steam Edition (discount Holidays) and have all the mods, activating the mod goes to the loading screen, goes to XML portion and get the following Errors:

Tag: ERA_END in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml

Four times, hitting OK each time then it CTDs and the process dies entirely. Able to do FFH2 however along with Fall Further and Planet Fall.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - Yes, I also added the patch and the game from fresh installs overwriting it all.

hey everyone im back from camping (i forgot to post saying i would be away for a bit :blush: sorry) so i should be able to work on this properly again soon.

seems that the last patch Didnt fix what i had thought it would fix. ill have to try again. sorry for any inconveniences guys!

@ those of you who CAN play the mod successfully, can you tell me what you did to install the mod, and if you were experiencing issues before you got it working. i think were all on different pages here and this info will help me get on the same page.

I was getting the same errors but the MOD progress bar wouldn't move. I reinstalled the patch, then I got a XML Load Error concerning modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml Then the Tag: ERA_END, ERA_ORDE, ERA_LEAF, ERA_VEIL, ERA_RUNE, ERA_OCTO, ERA_COUN, ERA_EMPY issue comes up. Whenever I hit OK after ERA_EMPY, it cycles back to ERA_END and they all start over.
Hey, registered to also let them know that I'm unable to get this working as well. Using the Steam Edition (discount Holidays) and have all the mods, activating the mod goes to the loading screen, goes to XML portion and get the following Errors:

Tag: ERA_END in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml

Four times, hitting OK each time then it CTDs and the process dies entirely. Able to do FFH2 however along with Fall Further and Planet Fall.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - Yes, I also added the patch and the game from fresh installs overwriting it all.

regarding this error it looks like you have the mod installed correctly, this is a bug i have fixed and should have been in the last patch, apparently i didnt include it for some mysterious reason. it will be fixed in the next patch.

thanks again for the bug hunting guys :)

Hi,

I installed Civ 4, the mod, soundtrack and patch, and installed the Fall Further mod. Then everything worked as expected. A few xml errors from errors against the scheme, but nothing that wasn't easily fixed.

Nice mod for the game, I am enjoying a great game with the Wood Elves for now.

Hi,
I installed the mod and the b Patch, and could not get them running. After installing the current version of Fall Further it started and I got nearly 100 turns without crashing using Win7 x64.

mios

I couldn't help but notice that a lot of features are not yet available in the game. It is already very nice to play, but it would be even better if it were a bit more complete :). Is there anyway that you people would like help, feedback, ... with this nice mod ?

well the mod is still in what we are calling the 'pre-alpha' stage of development, so its to be expected to be missing a lot of the good stuff ;)

right now the best help the community can offer us is extensive bug hunting, as well as posting new development ideas. however i cannot promise your ideas will be used, though they usually end up in big discussions which eventually result in something new and cool which we *MAY* eventually add in... no promises though ;p

Hey everyone,
I'm "back", though not sure how much time I'll have in the next few weeks.

@ those of you who CAN play the mod successfully
1. Install Civ 4, BTS, patch to 3.19.
2. Install Fall Further (maybe not necessary, but I did it).
3. Install WH:HoC. Install patch b.
Fairly stable. Some XML errors and lots of missing stuff, but it runs.

I couldn't help but notice that a lot of features are not yet available in the game.

We are fully aware that tons of the features that the mod will have are not yet implemented in this version.
This is not from a lack of design, its simply that we haven't had the time to get a lot of stuff working. There are a ton of features that worked fine in the (old, no longer supported, 3.17 compatible) version that don't yet work in the new one, but will.

The only reason we really released this version is due to repeated requests for people who wanted to give the version we had a spin.

right now the best help the community can offer us is extensive bug hunting, as well as posting new development ideas.

I'd say that the most useful things are bug-hunting, and then general gameplay feedback.
But even then, so many things are missing that its hard to do this much.
New development ideas are probably not terribly useful at this stage, given how many features we still have to re-implement.

Ok,

for feedback: I have played a few games, each a few hundred turns without any crashes or problems, except problems caused in general by Civ (for example problem with ATI video card with movies). Mostly with wood elves, one with vampire counts. The general impression was that a lot of features (units, spells, ...) were missing, that some things were available that shouldn't be according to your design thread (cannons, troll, ... for wood elves). Also the vampire counts felt very normal civ to play, not anything to give them a unique feel.

I believe all these things can be explained by the missing features that you are aware of.
But these games were still very enjoyable, and I like where this mod is heading.

Two minor "bugs" that I found: the icon of the tanner building is a pink square instead of a normal icon. And a troll unit is depicted as a giant, but perhaps the art of the troll is not yet available :).

I'll try to add a few of the wood elves design ideas to the xml files, to have a preview of what they could look like when you come around to implementing your ideas further :)

I'll try to add a few of the wood elves design ideas to the xml files, to have a preview of what they could look like when you come around to implementing your ideas further :)
Although we'd appreciate any ideas you give us, I can say I'm about 90% sure they might not be implemented. We have everything laid out designwise in threads in the members forum. It's just that we've all been too busy to put everything in the mod yet, what with Break and School and real life. Lol. So, any ideas are welcome, just don't be disappointed if they don't end up in the mod itself. :)

Although we'd appreciate any ideas you give us, I can say I'm about 90% sure they might not be implemented. We have everything laid out designwise in threads in the members forum.

I think what he is saying is, he is going to separately code the WE units in XML and then try playing with that.

IIRC, this has already been done though (were WE one of the civs already coded?), it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Vampire counts will play very differently once actually implemented (see their design document - Vampires and Eternal Army will make a big deal) . They are only in the mod as a skeleton at the moment (haha!).

I think what he is saying is, he is going to separately code the WE units in XML and then try playing with that.
Hmm...looking at it, yeah, you're right.

IIRC, this has already been done though (were WE one of the civs already coded?), it just hasn't been implemented yet..
I remember writing the XML code for the WE UUs in, I'm like 75% sure that P_L added the leaderheads & all that.

As a huge warhammer fan, I am expecting a lot of nice features and bug fixes on this mod. However, what I wish for on this new mod is a great amount updates on bug fixes and new features. In the last mod, Bug fixes and New additions and stuff won't release till next year, that's how very slow and irritating it is (that was also the only mod that is very slow to update of all the other mods I played). I want to see this mod grow better then the warhammer battlefield fantasy on the Civ 3.

Since the new pre-alpha is release, I'll be helping out on identifying bugs, but in the long run, I expect future bug fixes as well like.... once every 2 weeks or 2 a week. Not once every year.

Edit:

We do need a bug thread immediately, When I load up this mod, I got a barrage of XML errors saying a certain file is not in the right location.

I am sorry you are irritated by this mod.

1. This is the bug thread. Please read through it and you will see that many of the most obvious bugs have been identified.
2. We have only 1 main coder, 1 minor coder, 1 XML coder and 1 designer, all of whom have busy lives and other hobbies (and copies of Dragon Age....). We'll endeavour to get bug fixes out but RL has the priority.
2 patches per week is highly unrealistic.
3. The current 3.19 compatible version is a *pre-alpha*, intended only to be downloaded by a few dedicated fans. We are not yet at a real public version. If you are disturbed by a few XML errors, you might prefer to wait until we have an actual alpha or beta version running.
4. The old version had very slow progress because of the departure of key team-members. We will hopefully make some good progress in the next month or so (before PL's classes start up again).
5. There are a lot of challenges in moving from the Fall Further codebase core into the Warhammer mod.
A lot of the codebase is beyond what we understand, so we have to be careful about deleting things lest they break the mod.
So there may be residual FFH elements for a while yet.

Top Bottom