500 Musketeers

Well done :D :) ;) .

I did something very similar when I needed to win by Time in EQM:

Game 1:

Future-tech world-record: Future Tech 675
1 Spy on every tile to better defend against enemy Spies
World-record in negative Diplo (-427 by Spies, one could think I played America in that game :rotfl: )
Almost 2k Spies, almost 1k Modern Armors.

Next time I played on Archipelagio, so I needed more Seapower:

1k Missile Cruisers. The map in the lower right is also quite funny, every white dot is a city. Don't think this is :crazyeye: of me, I only wanted to make sure, that nobody ever took that slot in HoF from me, so I did everything to achieve the maximum possible Score. As the Victory Date is the same for all Time Victories, Score by population is the only way to achieve that... :lol:

Game #3:

Again on a Large map, but it's a Renaissance start only, so the number of ICBMs would be easily toppable if i. e. playing a Huge Marathon Time Victory from an ancient start. I hope, humans will use (NOT: build) the same number of Nukes as I did in that game, also 'til the end of time. :high5:

Well, we've built several times that number, and used two. May we stop at that number.

That's quite a collection of Musketeers you got there! :lol:

Well, we've built several times that number, and used two. May we stop at that number.

Technically "we" have used a lot more than two (testing the monstrosity), but thankfully only the USA have used them against people, as grotesque as that was.

Code:
Hamburg celebrates "We Love the Dictator Day"!!!
500 Musketeer units are lurking around the city.

Coincidence?

I am amazed at the patience and methodical playing exhibited in those screenshots. I lost interest in controlling more than about 100, 120 military units so to see that people actually build thousands is mind-boggling :D

I am amazed at the patience and methodical playing exhibited in those screenshots. I lost interest in controlling more than about 100, 120 military units so to see that people actually build thousands is mind-boggling :D

Hmmm ^^ . You're not alone with that opinion. Usual players i. e. simply cripple the AIs so much, that it's not necessary to control them via Spies. I'm really a person trying to seek the best way though. 10 extra resources from Sushi means at least 5 extra :food: . With 180 cities, that's enough :food: for 450 population, that's almost 2% of the total score :rotfl: :goodjob: .
Seriously, doing things like that has very interesting tasks, like one will i. e. try to conquer / found a city on the same island on which on can conduct the espionage, so that the Spies can simply be auto-produced and run to the city via a waypoint. Even with needing to ship the Spies towards the civ, it's only a few seconds more / turn. Funny things happen on that way, like one will i. e. accidentally gift 30 Spies towards the civ because the espionage-button is next to the gift-button, then on the next turn, the city on the same island will have 0 buildings :D . One can seek out new way on how to most efficiently cripple the AI, like i. e. spreading :yuck: and destroying all :health: buildings :lol: . One then can see the city starve to size 1 and the AI will need 20T to re-evaluate, that building a Spaceship part may not be worth in it :D .

No, very seriously: It's the question of what gives fun. If fun comes through doing something that makes no sense or through wanting to put up world records (which also mostly don't make sense) , then doing so makes one feel good. If one is forced to be intelligent the whole time, then doing something stupid is needed from time to time. Trying to be better is also a very strong motivation. Patience is a good virtue. Nothing of this is easy, but if one has a good reason, then one will find what is needed on the way :) .

Yeah, I like fun challenge.. One I had recently - "win Deity (huge map but easy settings - no barbs + no tech trading that give 1/2 level advantage under certain conditions - easier to control situation) building Pyramids but running US from 1st turn :D

Top Bottom