Best civ4 mod to download?

Mattygerst has done a partial mod called MMod (look for it in the K-Mod forums). I don't know much about it, though it may not be current.

It purports to have the graphics of BAT and the engine of K-Mod.

Whoa, stupid me... I didn't realize K-Mod has its own subforum.

Thanks for the slap to the head, @Lemon! :D

Edit:

Hmm... I've checked MMod, and I'm not sure I'll like the changes.

I'll attempt a merge of BAT and K-Mod on my own. Just fired up the repo on K-Mod's folder, now I'm ready to do 'stupid merging' :D

Luckily, I've already downloaded the "Visual Studio 2010 Express All-in-One ISO", so I'm (halfway) ready to do some Heavy Stuff™...

BAT
seriously BAT is great it really adds a lot of depth to the game that is welcomed

I don't see the problem in bumping an old thread if it is a continuation of a discussion that's useful.

For me, the best mods are PIG Mod, K-Mod and BUG with BULL.

They all do similar things, PIG and K have some subtle changes to gameplay and other features to improve 'playability'.

Earth 2010 is entertaining, but I always go back to PIG or BUG with BULL. Civ4 is good enough to not need fancy changes.

I've played most of the mods mentioned above to one extent or another, and they're all worthy.

I'll also put in a plug for embryodead's Sword of Islam (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=373155) , which is a mod built on top of the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization engine. It's the best historically-themed mod I've found so far.

Civ IV: History ReWritten is the number one mod in my opinion for Civ IV.

The creator Xyth has created a religion system, similar to the civics system, where you use reformations to shape your faith and what bonuses come with it.

There is also a great civil war system. This solves the major issue with all Civ games, where you reach "critical mass" and basically you know there is no way you will lose as your civilization just generates production and gold exponentially.

In HR [History Rewritten] as you grow and gain more cities, just like throughout history, your civ becomes more unstable and expensive. New cultures and religions leads to growing dissent (a new system, that works alongside happiness/unhappiness, and is effected by culture and your espionage). As dissent increases you begin to have a risk of civil war.

I was playing on a real earth map with 12 civs, in the middle ages revolutions began to occur across the globe. The Celtic Civ split, and England was created on the British Isles as it should be, with celtic groups scattered from Iceland to norther Europe.

Xyth also has worked in real world wonders to his maps, which give unique bonuses to certain squares (great barrier reef, Mt. Everest, Kilimanjaro ect.)

Every civ has two unique units, a unique building, and a unique national wonder.

He has also greatly improved the technology tree, adding new technologies, and creating a far more logical path to development.

Most importantly, for windows users the most recent iteration of the mod incorporates K-Mod!

This mod is very much alive, and is constantly being improved every few months by Xyth. He is always looks for testers and folks to help out with Civilopedia entries for the 135+ civilizations and leaders he has added to Civ IV. So check it out! http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=560143

Top Bottom