Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

"Sigh. Politicians."

Ninim is seen walking down the street towards the meeting of the other Immortals. She keeps her head low, walking gracefully as ever. There was little grace in the group of people she was about to face, though, and she is quick to address them, smiling at them and shaking her head lightly.

"Why the look of concern, my fellow Immortals?

So suspicious. Fear not, my friends; I am not here to challenge your power. I am here to remind you of something you all seem to have forgotten.

You should love each other more.

Look at yourself! You have just voted yourself a working government. I can't see anyone strongly opposing their way of handling our beautiful Nation. And yet you are already at each others' throats!"

Ninim shakes her head, then raises it with a gentle smile.

"You should drop these fruitless threats and accusations. You should think of what is truly important: each other, and our beloved people.

You should remember to love each other more. It wouldn't hurt you.

So let us forget these petty disagreements! Let us allow our government to do as they see right. I am sure they are all working as hard as they can, aren't you?

So please... cool down everyone.

Cool heads think better than hot ones; chances are, you wouldn't be able to get your point across like this anyway."

For a second, it looked like Ninim was thinking whether anyone had really listened her or not. Apparently she decided they had, as she looked at Jehoshua in the eyes, smiled yet again and bowed to him.

"Greetings, Shogun! May you rule wisely for the remainder of your term, and for all times to come. You sure have got your work cut out for you."

--
OOC: Hello everyone!!! :D :wavey: :)

Sorry for the long post and "roleplaying"...I'm afraid you're going to see a lot more of those in the future! ;)

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks; mostly this thread and catching up on the previous ones... this looked soooo fun, joining this RP was honestly the biggest reason for me to stop lurking and actually join the forums :)

ooc: Welcome to the RP.

So suspicious. Fear not, my friends; I am not here to challenge your power. I am here to remind you of something you all seem to have forgotten.

You should love each other more.

Look at yourself! You have just voted yourself a working government. I can't see anyone strongly opposing their way of handling our beautiful Nation. And yet you are already at each others' throats!"

:lmao:

So let us forget these petty disagreements! Let us allow our government to do as they see right. I am sure they are all working as hard as they can, aren't you?

If we let the gonverment continue to do as good as they do now, Japan will be destroyed in a few turns.

Welcome and if you haven't learned to disregard christos as a lunatic you have no need for good luck, it wouldn't help anyway.
I look forward to working with you as a representative of my party (That is, I am a representative of my party, I don't know for you whether you will join a party at all)

"Sigh. Politicians."

Welcome fair Ninim, ignore Christos in the corner he tries to convert everyone to the way of solving problems with violence. It is nice to have someone with a more pleasant disposition around.

Unfortunately I fear many here are not at peace with themselves or their spoken ideals, how can they love another when they do not love themselves? Hopefully your kind words will cause a few to pause and reflect.

For now I still wait patiently for the Administration to complete the next part of their term in power.

You should think of what is truly important: each other, and our beloved people.

Agreed. The problem is we all have different Ideas about what is best for them.

Shogun... You sure have got your work cut out for you."

Yes. Yes, he does. :mischief:

Sorry for the long post and "roleplaying"...I'm afraid you're going to see a lot more of those in the future!

I have no objections to seeing more RP in this RP. :p

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks; mostly this thread and catching up on the previous ones... this looked soooo fun, joining this RP was honestly the biggest reason for me to stop lurking and actually join the forums :)

I lurked for a few years before joining, but I joined to play RP as well. (Of course I was on chat with Ravus when I decided to join, so it might not have been my idea entirely :p)

DT
Welcoming :D

Welcome, Ninim. Hope we can all have fun and enjoy this time we pass here.

I joined too because of a Forum Game. Probably some more people too. :p

Unfortunately I fear many here are not at peace with themselves or their spoken ideals, how can they love another when they do not love themselves? Hopefully your kind words will cause a few to pause and reflect.

"The crazy old man in the woods" they call you? If you're crazy, I'm afraid for the rest of us; for these are the wisest words I have heard here thus far.

Be that as it may, I'm sure our leaders will find in themselves the strength to pull us all through any hardships we shall be facing. All it takes is a little faith in themselves...and in addition, faith in each other.

I'm sure we're all fundamentally good, aren't we?

OOC: Thanks for the welcomes! :D Looks like I'm not the only one drawn here by RPs...good, good :p I'll make sure to take a peek in your chatroom when I get the chance!

(also, just to save someone from the awkward question; yeah, I really am a girl. I'm sure we can live through that minor detail. ;p)

There has been talk about the opposing coalition, and even the fear of them - But how can you rule democratically while fearing the opposition? If you have won, it is your right to rule, not theirs.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Opposition was feared for it was unknown which would be the limit to their ambition.

And by opposition I refer to the contradictory and unnatural Alliance of the Sword and Plow, which united almost every party not in the Coalition for the Advancement of Japan against it, even when ideologies were opposite, thus leading to think about opposition actions such as strikes or civil wars.

But now that the government has passed the half term, we can all forget about those creepy and fearful problems and suspicions of the past and join together to find consensus and rule this country as it deserves: with honour and determination.

An opposing coalition which is disunited should be less feared than one which is united - For they will be busy fighting among themselves, and not fighting the government.

(also, just to save someone from the awkward question; yeah, I really am a girl. I'm sure we can live through that minor detail. ;p)
WHAT KIND OF MIND READER ARE YOU!?!?!? :run:

Ha, due to extreme skill I didn't have to ask.
Spoiler :
It was obvious to me at least... something with the writing style and the way you presented yourself, I knew you couldn't be a guy playing a girl.

Meanwhile, while you two, three, or four are coming to grasp that women exist, what are we going to do about the French?

"The crazy old man in the woods" they call you? If you're crazy, I'm afraid for the rest of us; for these are the wisest words I have heard here thus far.

Ravus has quite a fondness for the life of an old man slightly apart from society. He plays that card in every RP eventually. Don't let it fool you, in his spare time, he really is the 'God-Emperor of Mankind', he just doesn't want us to realise that. But we know. We're onto him.

*goes on chat for 5 minutes*

I'm not. :p

An opposing coalition which is disunited should be less feared than one which is united - For they will be busy fighting among themselves, and not fighting the government.

The opposition coalition isn't just disunited, it's practically inactive. The only member of ASP that is still posting is Nuke, and he's defending the government. :crazyeye:

DT

Election update!

Spoiler :
Overviews:

Tech/Policies:

Happenings:

-Not much
-More nothing
-France settled El Dorado and the Admin had no backup plan for the settler, so he remained in Kyoto
-Bucharest is requesting aid against barbarians
-Monaco wants us to eliminate its rival, Venice

Elections are open! PM me your reaffirming of coalitions, and let the votes flow!

Elections will conclude next Tuesday.

-L

I suggest we crush the French beneath us now. Puppet their cities and hear the lamentations of their women as we kill every last man who stands against us. Better to fight at out advantage than later.

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

The only active member of the opposition who criticised us the most was Mag, and he is on holidays.

Oh will you look at that. Sonereal was right about France and getting into an expansion race with them is a bad idea.

We must follow our proud warrior traditions, and crush the French! We cannot let them loom as a threat. They must be slaughtered before they can mobilize their armies.

Top Bottom