Help me out here, guys. Quick question...

GROGK

Chieftain
to help me better understand how I should be playing.

When you go into the city screen the tiles being worked are in a cross shape around the city and you can move the circles around to work the various tiles.

Now, my question is, does that mean that building improvements such as farms (and what about villages?) and the like are useless if they do not fall in that region? For instamce, the cultural boundaries of my city may extend much further, thus allowing me to build improvements further away that the cross area. Is there any point to doing this if it is not in the workable area on the city screen? And, if so, how do I utilize it?

Thanks! :king:

If you cannot work the tile, any improvements to the tile are wasted.

The exception are for resources, the benefits of which can be extended to your civilization as long as they are properly developed and connected via a trade route.

Venger

Venger said:
If you cannot work the tile, any improvements to the tile are wasted.

The exception are for resources, the benefits of which can be extended to your civilization as long as they are properly developed and connected via a trade route.

Venger

So I could build a mine, or a camp around some elephants (or whatever) and connect then to a city by a road and get the benefits? But nor for farms? Can I build a hamlet (or whatever it is called) and connect it by a road to get revenue?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you can mine gems, or build a plantation around silk, and connect it and get the luxury resources or health bonus benefit, even if a city doesn't work the tile.

Hamlets only produce income when they are worked (to my knowledge). So that would be no.

Venger

Venger said:
Yes, you can mine gems, or build a plantation around silk, and connect it and get the luxury resources or health bonus benefit, even if a city doesn't work the tile.

Hamlets only produce income when they are worked (to my knowledge). So that would be no.

Venger

Thanks, dude. I have been playing and building stuff all over and thought it was probably being wasted. I shall now put those workers to better use! :crazyeye:

BTW, I have not played since Civ II and only played that some. I decided it was time to get back into Civ and this is addictive! :clap: :bounce: :smoke:

Top Bottom