Don't like the inclusion of the HRE? Then take solace in this.

Monkeyfinger

Deity
With the game's two worst traits, Imperialistic and Protective, combined with a poor UU, no one's going to use them, and these same factors will insure that AI controlled HREs will gimp around at the bottom of the scoreboard and never be threatening. :D

(Tangent: Why are people touting the Landsknecht as a killer UU? Against archery units, which 90% of city defenders are, it's just as useless as a normal pikemen, and normal pikemen are just fine for duties like picking off mounted pillagers and protecting your stacks as they march through enemy territory. BUT THE LANDSKNECHT MAKES THE HRE REALLY HARD TO KILL FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF THE MEDIEVAL ERA!!!! no. just... no.)

In before TheLastOne36 and Gaius Octavius come in here and wave their sigs in my face.

By the time they get Landsknecht, I'll be coming at them with Grenadiers, Cossacks and Cannon, and that's if they're far enough from me to survive that long. Each rathaus will make it all the more easy for my forces to sit cheaply and lord it over the German ... sorry Holy Roman people. ;)

But still, that won't compensate for the exclusion of the Rus, Muscovite or Soviet Union civilization, whose place they have unjustly taken :cry:

The sig owns you in every way possible.. Convert to Kielbasa... Convert now!!!

CONVERT TO PHO>>> NOW>>> :assimilate:

maybe they made Charlemagne's AI personality an easy one to beat.

Solace in poor traits? No, solace in modding HRE out, Poland in.

pwned.

Protective/ Imperialistic isn't weak. With Protective, a barracks, vasselage, Theocracy, and Military instructor (Gotton quicker by Imperialistic) you can create archery units and gunpowder units with 5 promotions! Count em 5! Plus in BTS gunpowder units can now promote down the drill line.

It has an awesome UU, and one of the best UBs. I, for one, will be using the civ with a better leader.

Top Bottom