Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

When I Have Naval Units And Engage An Enemy... The Green Dots Lessen As I Fire On A Foe.... When I Pull The Units Back - I Never See Them Return To Full Green - 3 Or 4 Dots... Why? I Thought They Returned To Strength With Each Game Turn... Please Help Me.

If you mean the green dots as in the health bar of the unit there are a few possible problems:
1. Units cannot heal in enemy territory unless they have the medic promotion
2. Units will not heal if they are moving; you have to skip a turn for them to heal
3. I believe that it takes two turns for a unit to heal one health in neutral territory

I am having a problem when it comes to building the space ship. i build the appollo program wonder and have space flight and future tech all unlocked. but for some odd reason the SS Fuel, and all the other SS Parts im suppose to build never show up. Im lost to what i have done wrong. Can someone please advise or point me to the right location were i can find my answer. Thanks in advance.

I was wondering what are the population numbers stand for in matter of actual inhabitants. Is it something like 1 = 1 000 000, 2 = 2 000 000, 3= 3 000 000, etc...
If anyone can give me the whole thing (from 1 to 31 along with the population in number) I would really appreciate. Thank in advance !!!

I am having a problem when it comes to building the space ship. i build the appollo program wonder and have space flight and future tech all unlocked. but for some odd reason the SS Fuel, and all the other SS Parts im suppose to build never show up. Im lost to what i have done wrong. Can someone please advise or point me to the right location were i can find my answer. Thanks in advance.

If you don´t look for the space flight parts in the wrong place (look in the building menu, not the wonder menu), you are probably playing the Beta Centauri scenario. In that scenario you cannot win by a space race since all techs are available from the start. The Appollo Program has nothing to do with the space race, it unlocks all undiscovered technologies.

I was wondering what are the population numbers stand for in matter of actual inhabitants. Is it something like 1 = 1 000 000, 2 = 2 000 000, 3= 3 000 000, etc...
If anyone can give me the whole thing (from 1 to 31 along with the population in number) I would really appreciate. Thank in advance !!!

Honestly, I have no idea, but why would it matter? Noone probably knows since the game actually doesn´t have anything to do with reality in those terms. I guess even Sid himself would have a hard time answering your question.

Honestly, I have no idea, but why would it matter? Noone probably knows since the game actually doesn´t have anything to do with reality in those terms. I guess even Sid himself would have a hard time answering your question.

I found the information I wanted but thanks anyway for answering my question :)

What effects does a 'We Love the King Day' generate?

The city in question does not require maintainence for a turn, generating you more income.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to notice that they sometimes last 2 turns...)

The city in question does not require maintainence for a turn, generating you more income.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to notice that they sometimes last 2 turns...)

I correct you, there is no maintenance in Civilization Revolution. In Civ Rev there is no effect from "we love the king/queen/whatever day". At least not as far as I know and we have discussed this in another thread earlier, and it seems like noone knows what the effect is, so I guess there is none just as with the dancing bears and other stupid stuff.

I correct you, there is no maintenance in Civilization Revolution. In Civ Rev there is no effect from "we love the king/queen/whatever day". At least not as far as I know and we have discussed this in another thread earlier, and it seems like noone knows what the effect is, so I guess there is none just as with the dancing bears and other stupid stuff.

Thank you!
- :)

I thought trade or production was increased for a short time.

Aha?! Any evidence of this? Would be interesting if that could be proven, because then culture have more impact than I previously thought.

Noone has ever stated this earlier in the forum but I would be super happy if you were right. At least one nonsense attribute less in the game. ;)

I have a question that I know I'm going to look back on as dumb as soon as it's answered, but here it goes.

I just bought Civilization IV Complete.

Now, did I buy four separate games or what? If I play Civ IV: Beyond The Sword am I going to also be playing Civ IV and Civ IV: Warlords?

I understand that Colonization is a game separate from the rest.

Help, I'm confused!

I have a question that I know I'm going to look back on as dumb as soon as it's answered, but here it goes.

I just bought Civilization IV Complete.

Now, did I buy four separate games or what? If I play Civ IV: Beyond The Sword am I going to also be playing Civ IV and Civ IV: Warlords?

I understand that Colonization is a game separate from the rest.

Help, I'm confused!

Wrong place bro. This is for Civ Rev, for PS3, Xbox360, or DS. (having said that, i don't think there is a similar thread for Civ 4/expansions)

But while i'm here. You've bought 2 games, Civ 4 and Colonization, and two expansion packs, both for Civ 4. It just so happens that with Beyond The Sword, the second expansion, comes everything in Warlords minus something-like 5 scenarios, which renders Warlords mostly obsolete. one important exception is fan-made mods, which are sometimes made specifically for Warlords. One notable example is the Total Realism, which is quite an awesome mod that you should totally check out.

And Finally, Welcome to Civfanatics!

Thanks moopoo, sorry for posting in the wrong board.

I'll get better!

I played Civ III for years...Until about last week actually. Just never played hardcore enough to upgrade to Civ IV.

I appreciate the active thread for help. Thanks guys :)

One of the issues I'm facing at the moment is a lack of understanding ( in many areas) but particularly with population growth. example:

If I cut down my active works on my capital city when I first start the game to just 2 production workers ( stone ) leaving no food or anything, I can then obtain my 2nd warrior the very next turn. That's great! But as soon as I do that and then go for my initial research of lets say bronze working, it jumps up to 19 turns.

That was awful so on my 2nd turn I tried to change it back to food and production and it was still at 19 turns. So I guess my question is, does changing around your workers area of expertise " production or food or water tiles " to something different reset your technology research??

(this question comes from civilization revolution on the iphone)

Moderator Action: moved to the CivRev QA/NQ thread

Aha?! Any evidence of this? Would be interesting if that could be proven, because then culture have more impact than I previously thought.

Noone has ever stated this earlier in the forum but I would be super happy if you were right. At least one nonsense attribute less in the game. ;)

I know it had SOME effect, I think it gives your culture creep a big boost making it easier to flip opposing cities. Exactly how much or even how that works in Civ Rev is not clear to me.

Top Bottom