Downloadable content- what you want to see?

They've said all along that these won't be options, because by not including them, it helped streamline the game.

I think adding these options would be a fairly small fix though, in comparison to other factors. Options such as smaller sizes, less civs, 2x tech rate - would actually go to help speed up the game.

In terms of streamlining the game, it seemed that the focus was more on removing a lot of the micromanagement (religion, worker tiles, alliances/treaties). Additions for these things would require a lot more effort than, setting the game to a duel match, or having more forest tiles than jungle.

Yes and no.

By always having the same number of players in the game, it makes the AI easier to design. You don't have to have any AI that has to take into account the number of opponents in the game, or the map size, or any of that other jazz, because its always the same. It makes designing the AI itself easier (although the AI in civ rev is pretty bad even without having to worry about those other factors).

As for having more forest titles then desert or hills, (there's no jungle in civ rev), I think the reason they purposely left such a thing out again comes back to the AI. When you don't have to take things into account like that for the AI, it makes designing the AI that much easier, without having to worry that the human players will find ways to take advantage of having more terrain then another and the AI is left behind.

Again, the point is that, a change such as number of players, is probably easier to work around and would involve less of an overhaul than adding new elements such as treaties/alliances, religion, or many of the elements seen on the PC version.

Yes, adding or changing element obviously will require some work around, but again, the point is that some changes will require more than others.

I think the streamlined- not -make - it - more - complex has a good argument but then again Civ 4 was complicated because of villager happiness, anarchy and the huge amounts of recourses. Eve ncasual gamers would understand open borders, map choosing and leader agression fixes. Casual gamers play games in burts so this woudnt add so much to the playtime. But we need more than 1 leader for some civs to give the option of a domination based leader or a cul;tural leader, etc.

I myself would love to see them add new content to the game, and would support most of what people are suggesting here.

However, I don't see very much of it happening simply because of their design philosophy for civ rev. It might not be difficult for them to implement some of the changes to the game, but that doesn't make them any more liker to do them.

its broken crap wheres the patch its the 31 how can sid put his name on abroken prod and feel good about ripping everyone off lipet

I'm what is probably considered these days, a hard core console gamer. And yes, play, obsess, trade, move on is our pattern. Keep the really good replay games, and trade before the value goes down on others. Rent many, buy few.
Civ Rev will be one of those I'll most likely keep, but soon I'll move on to play SoulCal, return to poker, or something else.
For me, it's not the game, I love it. As I've said before, the demo made me rush out and buy Civ4, my new game for a month till Rev came out. It's the little things. When I choose to exit to the main menu after a game, I expect it to go there, not the Hall of "Loading something I've seen too many times". But most of all, it's asking about something on an official support site, and not getting an answer that's doing me in. The Histogram symbols, a fairly simple question. Answer, whoops we forgot a legend. And that's that, nothing more. That utter lack of customer to supplier support ruinss my opinion of the company. I don't want gameplay change, no "I can do better ideas", just an honest answer. If it wasn't for this site, I would have traded it in already. Nice community!
Pc players are used to the "patch and play" mechanic, its almost standard now. Console gamers aren't, that's why one chooses one over the other. Console gamers usually just expect things to work, not to be modified.
There's always "the could have beens" in both pc and consoles, but non function is an entirely different matter. The Ps3 people have been screwed over, and even though I play 360, I'm not smiling. I don't car about who's at fault,I think this is wrong, false advertising if you will. I think all Civ players should together, address this issue. Because the next game you buy, it could be you lacking that advertised function. Once what's promised is working, then let's worry about DLC, and game changes.

i've seen too many glitches. Llike today my space rockets werent showing their smoke n stuff at launch. Aswell, sometimes if i complete a wonder it will still have scaffolding on it. Also my science advisor suffer from muteness at trandom moments.

Also my science advisor suffer from muteness at trandom moments.

I muted that guy in my second game.

The only thing I'd like to see it speeding up the battles (like when you see an enemy battle). I guess I'm one of the few civ veterans who like this version a lot more than its PC counterpart.

i noticed a lot of people saying that this is a streamlined version for consoles & that is the reason the game seems a little "off" to civ vets...but i should remind everyone that civ 2 was available for the playstation & i rather enjoyed the game play of that version (keeping in mind the year it came out). i just don't think they did this one right.

1. More civilizations: the Portugese, Dutch, Vikings, Persians, Celts,

The traits are so important in this game, I can imagine the ones mentioned above could be configured to be very unique in their own way.

2. Map generator with parameters.

Come on, this should have been in the game to begin with. We do not always like to be force fed vanilla milkshakes through a straw.

Other than that I'm quite content with the game. As a matter of fact I am relieved not having to tinker with loads of workers and a couple of dozen cities in the modern ages anymore. My greatest point of criticism I had with previous civ games, going to the modern ages within a day of playing and then having the game go on for 5 days in that same modern age, is mostly fixed here. The modern ages still take quite a lot of time within the game but not as much as they used to.

In various ways Civilization Revolution is much more strategic than previous civs, where the low level operational work would distract you from the high level goals. In several ways it also is not as strategic, as you now just have to get the units with the highest "combat number", whereas previously you had to adapt your armies to the armies of the enemy.

I heard so far theyre only including more wonders and relics in the dc coming out.

the dlc package came out, the mystic. Come with 4 wonders and two relics.
Wonders include: Lighthouse of Alexandria: galleys can go into the open sea.
Leaning tower of pisa: More Gold of enemy caravans
Scotland yard: great people are unkidnappable
SETI: spaceships move to AC faster

Relics: Camelot: Horsemen upgraded to kinghts
Tower of babel: All civs are revealed.

I'm pretty disappointed in this. AI rarely sends caravans or spies. You can ask other civs to introduce you to the other civs. Not many people build horsemen. the lighthouse is good for faster travel and atlantis and SETI is decent only I've never had a space race challenger.

Top Bottom