[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

When i've unzipped the zip file the XML/art files aren't in a folder, as it normally is with other mods. I have OS (C:)

After you've copied the 7z into the right folder (circled with red), you should start 7zip utility selecting "extract here" (english). After the extraction process, you should have the folder (v.8, of course) pointed by the green arrow.
If this doesn't happen, you cannot run the mod.

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 148
The shot above comes from my "working" PC, where I develop and test my mods.

what was the supposed civilization which didn't exist but had a real leader? The Hunnic empire?

If it was the hunnic empire its name would "hunnic empire" :D
No, it isn't. I'll start to work on it very soon ;)
Afaik, I never saw it in the previous Civ games

Ambrox62, over the next month or so I plan on releasing a major update to my NiGHTS mod and was wondering if it would be alright with you if I included your custom Civ's?

I would be changing their unique abilities towards the traits that are inherent in NiGHTS.

Nice work by the way - by far the best additional Civ's out there right now. :)

Yes, of course.
I consider free all modded stuff. I freely use shared items by others, and my items are free for others. :)

Version 9 released

Because of changes on XML tags and code, I STRONGLY reccomend to start a new game after installing version 9

The mod contains the following 10 ancient mediterranean civilizations:

Assyrians (NEW)
Britons
Carthaginians
Gauls
Dacians
Germanic Tribes
Hittites
Iberians
Phoenicians
Scythians

Version 9 changes:
- All civs now have soundtrack while playing with them (atm vanilla soundtrack)
- Hill Fort (Briton UB - armory with city defence bonus) now replaces previous Cromlech
- Several fixes on XML code and Civ icons (most noticeable: Gauls now have a boar-head instead of the previous boar-silhouette)

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL link

If it was the hunnic empire its name would "hunnic empire" :D
No, it isn't. I'll start to work on it very soon ;)
Afaik, I never saw it in the previous Civ games

Argh, the suspense! New topic, or this one?

New topic, or this one?
A new one

@ everyone
Just two words about assyrian city list...

As usual I spent lots of time to search and check every city of the list, in order to confirm the historical ownership of cities by Assyrian, at least for a period in their lifetime.
The six most important assyrian cities (which are at the top of my list) also appear in the Babylonian DLC city-list, although they are in the mid-bottom of it.
In order to avoid duplicated names just in case a DLC owner would play Assyrians and Babylonians at the same time, I named these cities in a slighly different manner, less frequent but respecting the history as well.

The list below shows the differences. Bold means the best known name of the city.

Assyrians
Assur
Ninuwa
Calah
Nuzu
Arrapha
Subat-Enlil

DLC Babylonians
Ashur
Nineveh
Nimrud
Nuzi
Arrapkha
Shubat-Enlil

Are You working in an escenario for this mod?
Pls continue developing the mod...:thumbsup:

Bad news here.

Two months ago I sent a map to a forum-user in order to complete it for a ancient mediterranean scenario, but he seems vanished in the nothing... :(

I can't develop the mod further because it has reached the 10MB limit for hosting on CFC, and 2K doesn't seem to invest time in order to resolve the gamespy DB issue for large mods... :(

I plan to release next version of YnAEMP with Dieter's Europe map and compatibility with your mod (ie true starting location for your civs), so not really a complete scenario, but something close :D

btw do you plan to replace/add more ancient mediterraneans city-states ?

I plan to release next version of YnAEMP with Dieter's Europe map and compatibility with your mod (ie true starting location for your civs), so not really a complete scenario, but something close :D

btw do you plan to replace/add more ancient mediterraneans city-states ?

Cool :)
It's exactly what I wanted for these civs: a map with TSL for civs and CSs.
I look at Dieter's map; being an Europe map it isn't focused on mediterranean sea. For this reason I sent to a user a C4 map for a C5 conversion, with a list of resources and CSs to place in.

Yep, there are some empty spaces, especially in Russia, when using ancient civs on Europe, and even more without matching CS... anyway new version of YnAEMP has been released with TSL for your civs on Dieter's map.

But if you're interested we can work together on a Mediterranean map to include in YnAEMP, I can do the map conversion, the mod can handle the TSL for civs and CS, the (semi-random) placement of specific resources around each civs starting position, and exclusion (or more resource of one type) could be set by regions if you provide me the list of resources and the TSL.

The city states could be included in your mod or as another mod if you want to allow the players to choose if they want to use the civs vanilla CS with your mod, but either way they need to completly replace the existing ones to work correctly with YnAEMP.

But if you're interested we can work together on a Mediterranean map to include in YnAEMP, I can do the map conversion, the mod can handle the TSL for civs and CS, the (semi-random) placement of specific resources around each civs starting position, and exclusion (or more resource of one type) could be set by regions if you provide me the list of resources and the TSL.

:goodjob:

I'm also interested about what I've quoted above. I'll send you a PM ;)

I have experienced crashes - im not sure why, it usually happens during movement or when dealing with city states.

im updated to the most recent everything and ive tried using it with infoaddict, hukkaks extra civ pack, and ive tried it alone as the only mod - each time deleting the cache and restarting.

i could be wrong but i think its related to civ's or city states. Also, i only play in strategic view, normally on tiny or small map size.

Despite the crashes, i love the civ's the artwork and everything else.

Thanks for the report

I've consistently played this mod, having one only crash while moving a worker !!! :lol:
Usually I also play with normal/small maps because I've a slow PC.
Before you, just another user reported frequent crashes while playing the mod. However the mod itself is more an addon than a mod, thus there are no really reasons to justify the recurring crashes other than a random memory instability or a generic graphic fault.

Please, if you encounter a reproducible crash send me the save. It's the only way to get rid of such bugs.

Version 10 released

Because of changes on XML tags and code, I STRONGLY reccomend to start a new game after installing version 10

The mod contains the following 10 ancient mediterranean civilizations:

Assyrians
Britons
Carthaginians
Gauls
Dacians
Germanic Tribes
Hittites
Iberians
Phoenicians
Scythians

Version 10 changes:
- Lots of fix on traits, buildings and units in order to align the mod with latest patch

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL link

Top Bottom