Diplomacy Overview Question

Koreos

Chieftain
Hi all,

I am pretty new to Civ. I actually bought the game two days ago!

Anyway, I have a question, given this screen:

Why do defensive pacts appear? I only have them with the Mayans... Does it mean that they have them with anyone?

Thanks!

It appears because you can "trade" just like all the others it shows. For instance, Boudicca can offer you 1431 gold, 41 gpt, open boarders, 6 horses, wine, and a defensive pact. She is NOT giving these to you, but it is there for trade, same as everything else you see.

That's why everything that's there appears, it can be offered.

Thanks! However why would the Mayans have it? I had one in effect with them at the time I think...

You think. Are you sure about it? It might've ended and needs to be renewed, those notifications can be easily missed.

You think. Are you sure about it? It might've ended and needs to be renewed, those notifications can be easily missed.

Speaking of that, is it normal that although Defensive Pacts are supposed to last 30 turns, sometimes they drop much before that? I feel like I have to renew them like every 5 turns. Also, the declaration of friendships seem to fall off every 30 turns or so. It's strange...

I don't use Defensive pacts myself, they are too much of a hassle (If I have a defensive pact with Player A and a friendship with both A and B, but A then attacks B I will get a HUGE diplomatic penalty) so I'm not sure how long they should last. DoF's are supposed to last 30 turns though, yes. Sometimes the AI will renew them with you, sometimes you need to go to the AI.

Top Bottom