Most powerful UU : the Mongolia Khan?

Question

King
+15 hp healed for adjacent units is HUGE. It's like having 3 medics. It's useful throughout all ages (unlike every other UU), and it lets you tank city + garrison fire if you have a tech advantage. It dramatically slows down the "wait 5+ turns to heal up damage" snorefest when your units get heavily damaged. Combined with march, my units can attack, retreat, and be healed up next turn. Without the khan's healing bonus, my mounted units would have to retreat for 2-3 turns after performing a melee attack.

Keshiks? Oh look no one can damage me.

Chu-Ko-Nu? Oh look, you're dead.
Chu-Ko-Nu? Oh look, you're dead.

Oh look, dead Chus, here cometh the golden horde

Spoiler :

I think the Khan is the most underrated, at least. When they reorganized the units so old game saves changed what the units were, I missed the Khans more than the Keshiks. Keshiks at least became Hwach'as, but all my Khans were Bowmen, which was really disappointing.

The problem with stuff like keshiks and chu-ku-nos is that they only last for one era. Khans last forever.

Who cares when now everyone can heal 25 just by pillaging? The khan will be a lot less useful/unique after the patch.

I agree with OP. BEST UNIT IN GAME EVER EVER EVER EVER. Although it's a bit annoying when you try to use it with melee and ranged units. You always have to press the space bar EVERY turn.

Since I like to wait to blitz until later in game, the B-52 has been my constant friend for cutting swaths out of enemy territory to capture their capital.

The problem with stuff like keshiks and chu-ku-nos is that they only last for one era. Khans last forever.

Keshiks evolve into tanks, and keep their bonuses. They make damn fine tanks.

You give humans too much credit. A scout isn't going to do anything useful except to the most damaged units.

he speaks the truth.

scouts are quite powerful, not in combat, but in detecting enemy invasions and in coming in for an attack.

people just dont pay attention to the value of scout.

a scout + a spy on the target city give you a lot of view of what the enemy has and how to charge in perhaps you need to try this tactic?

and in detecting enemy invasions they can be life savers. you can prepare a defense line while the enemy thinks you havent seen them since a scout, preferably an upgraded scout with +1 sight will not be seen by enemy units, because your scout can be placed with quite a distance that it wont be seen by the enemy and your enemy will not know you are soon expecting his attack.

Keshiks evolve into tanks, and keep their bonuses. They make damn fine tanks.

They don't keep their +1 mounted move bonus sadly, but IIRC they do keep the increased xp gain. I think it's 10 xp per melee attack with the honor policy?

Top Bottom