Patch Thoughts?

Pathfinder fixes and optimization.

I hope this means what I think it means (the Path won't be broken if a unit steps into the endpoint tile when my unit is still multiple turns away from getting there). I haven't heard anybody else mention anything about it, but this was the highlight of the patch for me.

Also, I'm going to have to write a post-it note to remind myself to pillage. I've never done it yet, but I find it'll be worthwhile now.

For the record, G&K was set to be released "late Spring" and it was released on the very last day of spring. I hope the "Fall" patch isn't released on December 20th :(

I agree, if the change is as you outlined, that will be awesome. I'm not holding my breath. There were many other issues with pathfinding for me to honestly hoped this was the one they fixed.

For the record, G&K was set to be released "late Spring" and it was released on the very last day of spring. I hope the "Fall" patch isn't released on December 20th :(

Yep. software companies always make vague dates then release at the last possible minute of the period. i wish they just waited and told us when they know for sure. The excitement of waiting months for something you expected in days wears off after a while...

Meh. As a modder working on a pre-alpha mod, I appreciate the warning. I had actually considered units healing on pillage and rejected it because I couldn't teach the AI to do it (it's possible via xml right now), but knowing that they'll teach the AI to do it lets me plan for it. Ditto for the Grand Temple, which I had already incorporated (maybe not identical math, but same concept), and now don't have to account for art assets and text for.

Do Yoink achievement now before patch because I never see AI's build more than 10 units.

All you have to do is gift Scouts or other cheap units to the CS until they have 15, then purchase away. Achievement get.

Only letdown is that I didn't see a fix for the Ethiopian UU that I read about which makes them as weak as warriors when they're away from the capitol. That's the one civ I haven't tried playing as yet because I was waiting for them to fix it.

AFAIK, this has already been fixed?

This patch looks awesome. It fixes my two biggest complaints:

1. Fixed an issue where citizen management focus on Production (and possibly others) could lead to starvation.

I truly agree with you there. I *hated* how even if I structured my production city to not starve, the governor would find a way to kill off one of my citizens again the next turn. So glad to see this change.

The patch is coming before October 24. In the video where they showcase the netbook touchscreen capability, the presenter says a patch will come before Windows 8, which is going to be released on October 24.

No WONDER!!! And ARGH.

"Ottoman naval upkeep is now fixed. Save games that were started before the fix will not be corrected."

So, I've been struggling with Suleiman on Deity, and wondering why my damn navy was so expensive to maintain! But now I have to start over because the save won't be fixed... sigh. I mean, I guess it's for the best, since I've presumably lost tons of gold to this bug. No WONDER. God, I've been floundering with naval upkeep costs and eventually switched over to Janissary rush, focusing on naval afterwards.

No WONDER!!! And ARGH.

"Ottoman naval upkeep is now fixed. Save games that were started before the fix will not be corrected."

So, I've been struggling with Suleiman on Deity, and wondering why my damn navy was so expensive to maintain! But now I have to start over because the save won't be fixed... sigh. I mean, I guess it's for the best, since I've presumably lost tons of gold to this bug. No WONDER. God, I've been floundering with naval upkeep costs and eventually switched over to Janissary rush, focusing on naval afterwards.

I feel for you. Devs always keep quiet about broken bits while you (the player) struggle along with a broken Civ wondering what you must be doing wrong, when you haven`t done anything wrong at all!

At least it`s fixed now.

Top Bottom