[Civ6] Scientific discoveries, citations and people

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
Most of scientific advancements haven't poped all of a sudden one day. Think about astronomy : people just couldn't notice soltices all of a sudden, they should first observe, and conduct studies all over the year or their whole life in order to acquire certainties. That's why I think literature citations could be displayed when discovering techs in Civ, like if they were from those inventors/discoverers logbooks.

I also think that techs in Civ should be way, way, way more numerous than what we have seen so far, just because advancements haven't been done in the "Eurêka" way all suddenly. I think that there should still be major techs we could choose to search for, and a whole number of satellite techs that are discoreved much more randomly. Randomly in appearance, but according to a variety of variables in reality. For example, whatever the means that are employed in order to do so (governments, entities types, civics, social policies, affinities, etc...), according to the way of life of your people you could tend to discover more satellite techs of a certain type than others. There could even be several types of factors, and also pure randomness in the formula. The type of your people, their customs, ways of life would then have an incidence on what they discover, which would accentuate how they live and so differenciate from other civs. Of course, proximity of different civs with different customs and ways of life would trigger mixity, maybe by an accentuated tech automatic sharing. It would also make culture much more tangible, but in the first place it would really reflect the aspirations of a given people and make the people more tangible in Civ.

Top Bottom