LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

So... Why the senseless sneak attack?

Actually I think the war simply demonstrated that Emor would HAVE to depend on Vertisian help in fighting the bladeists. But on the same turn relations returned to normal in that quadrent. I destroyed your Naval Superiority. Thus Help from Veritas could no longer be guaranteed. Thus appeasment was the only viable solution.

You know thayli, if you hadn't actively planned to start preaching the One in Qingdao we wouldn't be having this problem :mad:

It really boiled down to pressure from the bladeists and Khemri, Emor's disgust at my attempts to continue the Great War, and a desire to get rid of percieved Veritasan arrogance/protectionism.

It was that betrayal, along with my inability to get the Gayanax Dynasty firmly established in Kehexou, that led to Veritasan defeat. Since really, the invasion had two components, the Veritasan-Davarian army which headed through Tekrehexou, and the Emorian-Kehex army which was supposed to land south of the Delta.

@alex: Well y'know, Ancestor Worship is a pretty weak religion. The problem is that it conforms to other beliefs so well... ;)

Frankly if you established the Gayanax Dynasty properly those isles would be coloured Khemri. I had a decent (allied) army that outsized the Kehx forces, out teched them, and I had Ramids on top of this.

I think Iggy just didn't want that territory to go to me (Plus the eco centre). :(

Thlayli said:
@alex: Well y'know, Ancestor Worship is a pretty weak religion. The problem is that it conforms to other beliefs so well... ;)

Yes, thus, Long Live Reactionarism. ;) And welcome St. Bartholomew's Day.... This is an OOC warning, stay and keep out. :mad:

I was talking about the more recent senseless sneak attack, Thlayli.

das said:
Incidentally, about Veritas and Emor and their betrayals: the second betrayal was much worse as it was mostly senseless, useless and almost masochistic. The first one, at least, benefited Emor. The second one hurt, whether directly or not, both Emor and the Valins.

The second betrayal (I would call it revenge) is not worse its better, they destroyed Veritas, if your going to do something dont do it half-arsed.

Let's take a PoD. After the battle of Guitar, I don't trust Shalamari's fake peace offer and instead massacre/deport the entire population of Khemri, as I probably should have. Attacking from fortified positions in the Crystal Ridge mountains, and along with an allied Gerber sick of Shalamari's evangelism, Veritas captures and occupies the majority of Shalamari, withdrawing after a brief tribute. Gorin becomes isolationist.

This would mean that the Lengels, when they arrive, sweep through the weakened CRA nations with ease, but is then confronted with Veritasan and Davarian forces attacking them from the south.

This could go two ways...either Veritas attacks first, and is decimated by the Lengel cavalry as it probably would be, having no mounted element, or the Lengels attack first, into pre-prepared Veritasan fortifications, and get slaughtered, being unused to siege warfare.

So we end up with either a Lengel dominated continent, or a Cold War between Veritas and the Lengels with the various Wardash states used as proxies in smaller wars. I for one like the current setup better...New Veritas is in a much more strategic position than the "old empires" of the Northwest.

But xen always said Romans would win

Xen always said stirrups were useless going against established historical opinion :p

The second betrayal (I would call it revenge) is not worse its better, they destroyed Veritas, if your going to do something dont do it half-arsed.

You mean, don't do it like the Valins did. And it IS betrayal - if not of Emor, then of Valin national interests. Not that I care much for either, but it still was a pretty dumb thing to do, if only because the ones that benefitted from it the most were the Khemri, not known for their love of Veritas.

das said:
You mean, don't do it like the Valins did. And it IS betrayal - if not of Emor, then of Valin national interests. Not that I care much for either, but it still was a pretty dumb thing to do, if only because the ones that benefitted from it the most were the Khemri, not known for their love of Veritas.

Wait which betrayal are we talking about here? the Successor states in old Veritas turning on the CRA? or the Emorians attacking Veritas? because Emorians arent valin they are Emorian.

Neither. I'm talking about Thlayli's senseless attack on the Emorian capital.

Top Bottom