Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
I have a sound request... I have just finished up my dragon and was planning on posting it tonight until it dawned on me I didn't have any sounds :) If anyone has a sounds suitable for a dragon... Roars, flapping wings, maybe a good claw effect... For the breath attacks I have fire, lightning, ice, and acid... don't know what to use for them. You don't need to convert the to civ format I can do that myself, I'll also need to crop them to fit with the animation so the more complete the sound the better... I'm off to look myself but anyone who posts a sound here will save me some time and get a mention in my readme :)

Architekt, how did you get your internet sounds and make them playable in the game?
Open .wav file in sound recorder:
properties>convert now
22,050 kHz, 16 bit mono, 43 kb/s

Here's an alternative sound pac with new .ini file I made for Level's Hover Copter. Just unzip into your Hover Copter unit folder.

Part 1

Attachments

• hover copter sounds part 1.zip
    143.2 KB · Views: 462
I modified an earthquake sound for a space engine type sound. Good for lots of space units.

Attachments

• spaceshiprun.zip
    41.1 KB · Views: 415
Hi there !

I'm gonna need help on my new unit, the Leclerc.
It's almost done, and I'd need someone to make me really good sounds for it.

Anyone to take the challenge ? :rolleyes:

Here is the thread.

i only have death and fidget sounds.

the death is taken from Fallout 2® (kickass game) and the fidget is taken from CivIII and the file is in .ace format.

Hi again !

My new unit is almost finished (T90) and I would need a very particular sound : the sound of a top (the toy) or a swirling object (don't ask why ;) ).

It would be great !

Thanks

Originally posted by Vuldacon
Perhaps onw of these Spinning Sounds will help you.

Nice !!! That's exactly what I was looking for !!

Seems we have a fine new recruit here ! :goodjob:

This Sound fits Long Range "Big Gun" Attacks due to the Nice Big sound and the after echo. It goes well with GoodWin's Turret unit. I adjusted the sound and volume for CIV III.

Attachments

• turretattack.zip
    32 KB · Views: 489
Here are ALL the sounds and the ini for the MechWalker by Level. I spent quite a bit of time creating these sounds.
...I Hope you like the sounds as much as I do and find them to add to this nice unit. Feel free to use these sounds any way you like. Enjoy.

BTW, if you need to download this Unit, it is on page 13 of the Unit Library.

Get All Zip parts 1 through 5 because the file is too big to upload all at one time here. Here is part 1

Attachments

• mechwalker sounds 1.zip
    75.6 KB · Views: 424
Top Bottom