Sea of Japan map: Japan & Korea (70x40)

Blue Ether

Chieftain
Here is a new map I have put together. I've playtested it a bit and found it to be an interesting play. I'm interested to know what other people's experiences are. I didn't implement this as a true scenario, just a base map.

Description:
70x40 map of the Sea of Japan for Warlords. Features the Japanese archipelago and the Korean penninsula roughly up to the Yalu River. Topography is very accurate, North angle is tilted about 10 degrees clockwise, and resources are fictionalized. Does not include the Ryukyu islands. Map is set up to start with seven random civs.

Download it here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8224

Attachments

• SeaOfJapan_70x40_v5.ScreenShot.1.jpg
    SeaOfJapan_70x40_v5.ScreenShot.1.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 727
  • Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 489
  • Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 583
I like the look of this map, does no one have a copy of it somewhere that can be reposted? Old link is broken.

I just played a monarch game on this as Churchill with 9 civs (which ended up unbalanced since one civ only built ONE city and two others only had 3). Gameplay was great, but I kind of built up an army in Korea expecting war, but by then I realized a few Japanese Civs were ahead of me so I concentrated on a navy. I like that the map is tilted from the North axis to conserve wasted water space, and the resources were distributed very well (Sid's sushi would be a good corp to have :D).
The only thing I didn't like was that there were no oil spots on land, so I had to wait until Plastics to build Oil Wells instead of having modern ships by combustion. Otherwise, great map Blue Ether:goodjob:

Top Bottom