Gridlines cause game to crash?

Dreamer001

Chieftain
Sorry if this has already been discussed / answered elsewhere, but so far I haven't been able to find any info on this problem I'm running into... Whenever I try to turn the gridline view on, the game invariably crashes.

I'm running Civ IV on a macbook with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 2 GB of ram, and OSX version 10.5.2. This problem has been occurring since the day I got the game; installing the 1.74 patch did not help.

I've also been having other less blatantly obvious problems with the game, including considerable lag between turns (though this seems to happen mostly later in the game) and sudden random crashes (though unlike the gridline issue, these don't seem to be linked to any specific action that I've noticed).

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? I'm hoping that these aren't normal or expected behaviors for the game, and that there might be some way to fix them.

Any help / advice / information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. Welcome :wavey:

Yes, this has been reported on the most recent Mac hardware. The only advice I know of is to avoid using grid lines :(

Top Bottom