AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

Okay some questions to help clear things up in my mind. :)

1. In vanilla (no mod loaded) what version does Advanced --> About display?
2. In AoD2 1.09b what version does Advanced --> About display?
3. Where did you get Col? Brick 'n morter, steam, etc.
4. Start a vanilla game. Can you attack a rivel European coloniser before turn 20?

1) 1.0.0.0 (109295)
2) 1.0.0.0 (109295)
3) Gamers Gate (internet download)
4) Yes in vanilla, no in 1.09b

Okay you're going to come across problems. Because even though all the files in 1.09b are patched versions of the files, the exe itself is not.

I'm not sure if GamersGate have released a patch for Col yet, but I know the "update game" link from inside the game and the Firaxis link won't work for you. I would suggest trying this one where the patch is just a zip file, so all you do is unzip it and copy over existing files. No patch installer causing problems.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315714

@ Dale,

I have a few questions about Pirates.

1.I have played last night that hometown Pirates couldn't buy like Master Weaver.
And Pirates settlement (player) didn't have Town Hall.
So how can i play like usual, i mean i can DoI & get Master Gunsmith,etc like other nations. Even Pirates are humans, they want freedom from their Pirate King :rolleyes:.
I mean it's okay with that conditions, but is there any solutions in game to DoI & get Expert Silver Miner, etc like other nations?

2.I haven't test if swashbuckler (pardon me if bad spell) attack regular soldier and win, so that regular soldier is dead. I have an idea for 1.10. How about if swashbuckler / deckhand attack regular soldier and win, we have choice to kill that regular soldier or make him slave. Coz the Pirates needs men to be slaved like the real pirates.

There is no patch from Gamers Gate. I thought my game was working properly and just now I noticed that there are no Chinese, Russian or Australians in the game. There are Portuguese though so I really don't know what is happening.

The link you provided takes me to this link:

http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/C4C_NoInstallerPatch.zip

which is broken atm. I will try that link later. If that patch doesn't work then I will probably have to buy the game box.

Sorry to put you through all this trouble.

There is no patch from Gamers Gate. I thought my game was working properly and just now I noticed that there are no Chinese, Russian or Australians in the game. There are Portuguese though so I really don't know what is happening.

The link you provided takes me to this link:

http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/C4C_NoInstallerPatch.zip

which is broken atm. I will try that link later. If that patch doesn't work then I will probably have to buy the game box.

Sorry to put you through all this trouble.

No trouble at all. :)

Apolyton seems to be going through issues at the moment. Every so often it can't resolve the domain name. Just keep trying, you'll get it. :)

@ Dale,

I have a few questions about Pirates.

1.I have played last night that hometown Pirates couldn't buy like Master Weaver.
And Pirates settlement (player) didn't have Town Hall.
So how can i play like usual, i mean i can DoI & get Master Gunsmith,etc like other nations. Even Pirates are humans, they want freedom from their Pirate King :rolleyes:.
I mean it's okay with that conditions, but is there any solutions in game to DoI & get Expert Silver Miner, etc like other nations?

2.I haven't test if swashbuckler (pardon me if bad spell) attack regular soldier and win, so that regular soldier is dead. I have an idea for 1.10. How about if swashbuckler / deckhand attack regular soldier and win, we have choice to kill that regular soldier or make him slave. Coz the Pirates needs men to be slaved like the real pirates.

Dale said in another post that Pirates are not balanced yet and probably won't be until Phase III of the mod.

No trouble at all. :)

Apolyton seems to be going through issues at the moment. Every so often it can't resolve the domain name. Just keep trying, you'll get it. :)

I've been trying to download AoDII for the past several days w/o any luck. Is there anywhere else I can get it from?

I've been trying to download AoDII for the past several days w/o any luck. Is there anywhere else I can get it from?

I'll be looking for a new host for 1.10. There's been some performance issues at Apolyton. That's why the server has been up and down. Sorry for any inconvenience. :)

Well I finally got so frustrated that I went out and bought the game at Wal-Mart. I already had the downloaded version from Gamers Gate but that was not working for this mod. I am running a fairly new Dell computer with Windows Vista 32 on it.

I removed all of the old install and installed the game from the brand new CD in a different location. I unzipped 1.09b and copied it into the new Mods folder that I had created. I did not update or install the official patch 1.01f. Vanilla game starts and plays fine. When I add a mod it works as the startup screens come up. I can choose nations (including chinese, australian and russian), select maps and difficulty levels etc.

When I click on start game it crashes about 5 seconds later every time. Very frustrating.

Remember that 1.08 worked fine for me. There is something in 1.09b that crashes my computer. What is the ETA for 1.10? Maybe I will have to wait and hope that 1.10 works for me.

I did not update or install the official patch 1.01f

My friend, I think you have to... :) There are two updates available, one of them won't work for you.

Please use the update which you will find at the download files database. Do not use auto-update, it's evil! ;)

Thank you PrinzMyshkin that worked for me. Finally I can play and just in time for the long weekend. :)

Dale needs to amend the first post in this thread. Right now it does not say to patch the game or where to get the patch. In fact it specifically says that the official patch is included in 1.09b.

Glad to help mate. :)

Dale, I think you need to update screenies again. Link seems to be broken (or is it apolyton having probs again?).

This is version 1.09b and is stable. 1.09b is predominantly a "fixer" version, fixing both bugs introduced by Firaxis patch 1.01f as well as bugs from 1.08 after merging AoD2 with the Firaxis patch 1.01f.

I also think the word "merging" may appear confusing, as some people may think the patch is included (but it's not). :)

If I were you I would explicity state they need to update to 1.01f patch from CivFans DB, and not use the auto updater.

I have acquired a... er, "modified" copy of C4C and I don't see any mods folder at all. Under the C4C directory I can see Assets, Civ4gamecoreDLL, miles, public maps, resource, and shaders but nothing else. All of these sub directories have their own sub directories but none of them are named anything like mods so where should I unpack this mod?

On my laptop... The game installed to C:\programfiles\2kgames....etc etc etc

but.. my mods folder for colonization is actuaully under documents..

C:\Users\pauls\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

Thats where I have to put my col mods :)

Using Vista

The "My Documents" mods folder is not recommended for conversion mods such as AoD2. :)

hmmm. I dont have a choice. The mods folder in the 'Programfiles\2kgames ......' directory is just a sortcut to the 'My Docs' Mod folder.

Wounder if UK version installs different to US version.. MEH, your mod works great for me :) :) Keep up the great work :goodjob:

Top Bottom