Catherine of Russia - The Anti-Oprah and Other Observations About Civ V Leaders

this was a nice resurrection, but this goes back to Jan 2011 and before jabberwock's comment hadnt been active since June 2011. im not even sure if the OP is still on these boards.

but it was quite the entertaining thread.

I don't know if the OP is still here but I did laugh and wonder...

Then I found out what everyone missed out.
Where is good ol' Julius?

Julius, of the Romans, is in my games, the most annoying civ leader I can have. Montezuma I can manage as his army is usually weak and unprepared for my defenses but Julius? Turn 40-50 I'm sure he'll attack me with scorpions and his damn legions... If I don't have a wall up by then, I'm toast... He's quick to betray you and I would say the only other civ that is a better turncoat than the romans is Greece. Julius is really annoying...

I don't know if the OP is still here but I did laugh and wonder...

Then I found out what everyone missed out.
Where is good ol' Julius?

Julius, of the Romans, is in my games, the most annoying civ leader I can have. Montezuma I can manage as his army is usually weak and unprepared for my defenses but Julius? Turn 40-50 I'm sure he'll attack me with scorpions and his damn legions... If I don't have a wall up by then, I'm toast... He's quick to betray you and I would say the only other civ that is a better turncoat than the romans is Greece. Julius is really annoying...

The Roman leader is Augustus, not Julius, as has been the case in most Civ incarnations (and rightly so). I'm more inclined to agree with you than the OP on Augustus' behaviour (which he describes as loyal). Augustus is aggressive and, while he isn't Bismarck or Montezuma, he's unreliable and seems difficult to obtain meaningful positives with.

Top Bottom