Misheard quotes!

I know it's nowhere near what she's actually saying, but one of Maria Theresa's favored lines when you trade with her sounds just like this: "I hear, they took the wounded men and lined them up!" :D

my goodness this thread cracked me up.

Especially the nonsensical Attila. Seriously everytime I hear him I just lol. And genghis, oh genghis.

On an offnote: Wu sounds like a school/university girl in mandarin, honestly.

Caesar with his trade proposals says something like: "fook off ero" :lol:

Has anyone else heard Boudicca say "yum" or "yam"?

Actually, the Mayans are still around today. They just abandoned all their major cities centuries ago, and live in small villages in the jungle. The game developers could easily have found an actual Mayan to say the lines.

The last major Maya city was abandoned ~ 1640

But maya tribes and their ancestors are all over the place.

My family comes from near Tecpan (Iximche) at a small town called Comalapa. Its not just "jungles"

There are plenty of Maya left :p. In fact the only unconquered tribe in North America is a Maya tribe (The Lacadones on the Guatemalan/Mexican Border - but thats more of your typical jungle stereotype there since they never had major cities in the ancient times - now adays they are famous though for their crystal skull myths and for being a major player in the drug wars for the Zeta cartel)

Nebuchadnezzar says "Minas Tirith", which, being the capitol of Gondor, should be nowhere near Babylon.

When trading with Darius, I swear he mentioned Venezuela. He might have been drunk, though, because it sounded more like Veneshuelu.

Caesar greets me with "F off fellow!" Granted, I am trying to steal his land, but that's a bit harsh!

Lanon ti keiki... Lanon tami touhua... Laaaaanon....

Guess who: A serhay hay gotay say ja dado
And who: Tienen pazar not to shalom, porshe ayudarme
And for bonus points: Rao, cam non fung you

Nebuchadnezzar says "Minas Tirith", which, being the capitol of Gondor, should be nowhere near Babylon.
Minas Tirith is in Middle Earth right? Babylon was in the Middle East, and judging om the perspective of watching to the world, the empire could have been in the middle of the Earth ^.^

Yeah, some are really funny. Sometimes I also hear Wu Zetian saying: "Work for me!"

I`ve actually started to notice this. Sounds like she`s speaking English, but like a foreigner would say it.

I also think Boudica actually does say `Well` in English sometimes. I also found it funny when I on purpose declared war on her just to see her animation and she rolled her eyes up in exasperation- looked really weird and kind of un-Boudicca.

Top Bottom