screenshots?

Hit PrintScreen (it's in different places on different keyboards)
Open up your Paint program (sometimes it's in Accessories)
inside Paint, go on the Edit menu, hit Paste
edit your image from there, then save it

There are other ways and other software that works, but the above method works on my PCs.

There are other ways and other software that works, but the above method works on my PCs.

That may not work. Alternatively, one can press Alt+PrintScreen and paste it in Paint (or other raster-based image editing software such as Photoshop, Gimp, or Paint.NET).

That sounds like a lot of work. Being a Steam game, the ability to take screenshots is built right in. No tabbing out, opening other programs, etc. Just a keystroke, and it goes into a screenshot folder for that game.

The screenshot key in Steam is F12.
You need to change it something else (I use ctrl-F12), since Civ5 uses F12 to quickload, then you're all set to take screenshots all day long.

To change the keybind, in the Steam client go to View > Settings > In-Game.

That sounds like a lot of work. Being a Steam game, the ability to take screenshots is built right in. No tabbing out, opening other programs, etc. Just a keystroke, and it goes into a screenshot folder for that game.

You need to change it something else (I use ctrl-F12), since Civ5 uses F12 to quickload, then you're all set to take screenshots all day long.

Thank you, I was unaware of that.

You forgot all the easiest option: Hitting the print key will generate a screenshot in your My Documents\My Games\Civ5\Screenshots folder.
The screenshots will be in .tga format, but most programs like paint.net, GIMP or IrfanView are able to handle them.

That's what used to happen to me before I finally figured out how to fix it.I would try to take screenshots and it would quickload to another game!

I just eventually changed the quickload shortcut, and that fixed it.Now that's how I always take screenshots, just by pressing F12, and they go straight to the Steam screenshots folder.

Top Bottom