when the inquisitor won't work

clif9710

Warlord
I understand the inquisitor can only work in friendly cities, but I believe the city also has to have more followers of your faith than any other. Here's what I tried...

Sidon was my ally but following another faith, with no other faiths present. I tried using my inquisitor. Not surprisingly, no go. So I figured that was because I needed at least some followers there to begin with.

To get that, I took a missionary and established a few followers for my faith in the CS, then tried the inquisitor again. Still no go.

This is why I think the inquisitor can only operate in a city that is already of your faith (more than 50% of the population following your faith). But it is possible that all the city needs for the inquisitor to work is that no faith there have as many followers as yours.

For example: Milan has a population of 15, doesn't follow a faith, but has:

3 followers of faith A
2 of faith B
2 of faith C

Only an inquisitor of faith A will work.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I don't think inq works unless you "own" the city... else you could just go bopping about erasing religions with them which isn't their purpose.

Yeah, if you let that GP get in and mess with your capital, you'll need another city of yours with your religion as dominant to make inquisitors. The same goes for missionaries, GPs, and religious buildings and effects. It's a religious dominance thing. Winner takes all ;_;

Yeah, if you let that GP get in and mess with your capital, you'll need another city of yours with your religion as dominant to make inquisitors. The same goes for missionaries, GPs, and religious buildings and effects. It's a religious dominance thing. Winner takes all ;_;

I don't think this is the correct answer to his question, as Sidon could never be his capitol and he never mentions a GP.

Top Bottom