America: The Birth of a Dream

CaterpillarKing

Conqueror of Cacoons
This is a game where I will focus on the colonization of America by Britain. I am doing America mostly because I know the most about them and it works best for what I am doing. I will be going from 1492 to independence, which will occur roughly in the mid 1700s. If you guys can guess what I am using to make this story you get the "CivFreak Cookie". I will be running a similar program to what RT ran with his America: Write Your Own History. There will be elections every four years between several candidates, the difference is there will not be a communist regime no matter how much you want it because that is not a game mechanic. Sorry, I was hopeful too. :p I will shortly bring out the very first update and show you guys what I'm using to write this story.

I put this in the Civ 4 S&T Forums and not the Civ4Col S&T Forums because that forum is basically dead and Civ4 is more or less a mod because if a modder wanted to they could definitely make a mod like Civ 4 Colonization.

I'm saying there is no communism in the game :p

:lol: You don't get it :lol: You will find out soon enough :p

In a minute or so :p

A New Land:1492-1496
The year is 1492 and the land of Europe is alight with religious and political fervor. The land of Moorish Spain has been taken back by the kingdoms of Castille and Aragon after Ferdinand and Isabella married and combined All of Spain under one flag. The reconquista has been completed and now Spain and the other nations of Europe have sought Imperial expansion motives. England is to found a great nation that will move on to do great things, America. The settlers land on the beaches of Virginia to found the colony of Jamestown. The leader of the British expedition was a simple man of no real importance and he did fairly well in leading the colony under the British crown. He began by setting up New York City, named after the city of York from which the leader was born.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The nearby natives proved rather friendly and cooperative. They gave their land to the British in their search for colonial power. The newly created city soon decided that it would devote itself to creating food stores. They would not starve, and they would not have any problems feeding their people.
Spoiler :

This is when the people of New England had a dream. They dreamt of a land where all citizens were equal in the eyes of the law. A land where there is no prejudice and people can choose their own lives and paths and carve out a destiny all their own. The American dream would create a fire in the colonist's hearts. A dream to take the whole Eastern coast of this strange new continent.
Spoiler :

John Richards finished his term with plans to create a new city. To further expand North. Not long after his plans were announced, Richards fell fatally ill. He never recovered and died in his sleep. The people of America decided they would elect their next leader. This would become the cry of America, democracy for all.
Spoiler :

I sure am :D You just won the "CivFreak Cookie: Don't get a real life, this is much more fun :D"

A Democratic Milestone: 1496​
Royalist Party-James Tyrrell, 41
Tyrrell was born in England and is a loyal knight for king and country. He joined the expedition to America in search of land to own and for a place to make name for himself. Having been a part of the original landing party of New England, Tyrrell believes that New England must stay close to its father nation for now. The king wishes for the colonists to not displease the natives so Tyrrell believes that New England should not attack the Indian settlement but instead colonize further to the North into Quebec. Tyrrell also believes that the colonies should focus on building up a colony strong on resources to fund the economy and increase its power and strength.
Spoiler :

Expansionist Party-John Cabot, 46
Cabot was actually born in the city of Genoa but has claimed loyalty to the king. He has lived life as an adventurer and he was a part of the original land party and sees America as a baby needing to be nourished with strength and military. Wants to increase military production and sell products to buy British soldiers to take native settlements in the name of America. Cabot does not have any opinion on long term goals for America but believes a strong, hard-line foreign policy will make them a strong colony.
Spoiler :

Royalist Party
Tyrrell-1
Expansionist Party
Cabot-4

James Tyrrell

Also, you do realize there is a Civ4 Colonization S&T forum right?

Oh wait I meant America: Write Your own History. America:The Story of Us was a great miniseries on the history channel :D And yes I realized that but the forum is dead, and I love you guys :D

Also colonization for civ IV is essentially a mod with how much it depends on the civ IV engine.

Top Bottom