Power plants and recycling center

Only thing I can say is that you would expect to have hydro plants up, before you get to recycle. Coal plants would be long gone and you may not even research recycle.

What vxma said. Hydro comes significantly earlier, and you might also get them free from Hoover Dam.

Solar is a tougher case, since it comes close to recycling. I suppose you could argue that it costs less in maintenance to build a solar plant to replace coal than it does to keep maintaining a coal one and build a recycling plant, but you'd have to argue that the cost savings outweigh the lower pollution of coal + recycling, which I doubt many people would agree with, especially since pollution is a bit of a pain.

Only thing I can say is that you would expect to have hydro plants up, before you get to recycle. Coal plants would be long gone and you may not even research recycle.

I usually have hydros in my continent thanx to Hoover, as it is one of my essential wonders. Still, some times I conquer a rival city on another continent that already has a factory or coal plant, and being communist some of those can be very good, so it is easier to leave their plant and build a recycling center. They don't last long, as by that time I'm very close to win. But I like to keep my cities productive anyways.

It is only easier, if you have the recycle tech and I usually will not research it. I am not concerned with pollution as workers can clean it immediately, should I get any. Better to build tanks, than recycle centers.

Top Bottom