Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

First page link isn't working. How/where do I download this?

edit: nevermind...I right clicked it. yada yada...

@Pratputajao

I fully admit we do have troubles to find suitable traits and UU for Siam.
Adding one SE Asian Civ was unquestioned; it was only a choice between Khmer and Siam, but Siam is better IMHO since its importance lasted a lot longer.
AGR can be somewhat justified for any old civilization, but SEA...I do have my problems here as well.
The only Civ that would remotely qualify for AGR/SEA are the Celts (think St. Brendan), but most people precieve them completely different.
So unfortunately, I currently see no way to change their trait - but, we are completely open for a different UU :). And, we could need some leader (esp. SGL) names.
The capital - well, Berlin doesn't even remotely fit for my country as well :lol:; but here, we just use the most commonly known city usually. Still, make a list, and if you come up with it soon enough, it may be included in the next release already.

Btw, anyone any SGL suggestions for Polynesia and Mali?

Just a note to the subscribers of this thread, there's a new SG just started using RAR that could use a couple of players.

LINK TO THREAD

Doc

Could you, or anyone for that matter, let me know what these stand for-
UU and SGL? ( Scientific Great Leader??)

Let me know and I will get a list to you.

but, we are completely open for a different UU . And, we could need some leader (esp. SGL) names.
The capital - well, Berlin doesn't even remotely fit for my country as well ; but here, we just use the most commonly known city usually. Still, make a list, and if you come up with it soon enough, it may be included in the next release

Ok I found "UU" over at Apyloton's- Unique Unit- If you mean as a Thai/siamese unit, I can suggest Krabi Krabong warrior (KKW) and Muay Thai warrior (MTW) =
Krabi Krabong: Weapon using Martial art of Thailand- Usually two swords or Sword and shield.
And I am sure most know Mauy Thai: Unarmed MA of Thailand. So maybe KKW would be an improvement to the Siamese warriors ( On the level of Samurai warriors or Knights) within the game and a MTW could be of a lesser AT, but lower cost as well... Or maybe left out altogether. But I see that you have Shaolin Warriors in the game and most Martial artist will tell you that MT is probably the most deadly pure striking MA. Example: in the 80s MT artist went to Hong Kong to prove the strength of the art. I believe 4 MT champions were chosen to go against the top 4 Kung Fu masters of HK= 4 MT wins all by KO within 2 minutes. This was the sport version of the art mind you, the actual combat art ( As is still taught to the Thai army as "Lerdrit" and is MUCH more dangerous). Also it does include training in its own set of weapons (staff and sword among others), but is not as effective as a weapon using MA as is Krabi Krabong.

As far as leaders I would list Rama the V- King Chalulangkorn as the Monarch of greatest importance to the Thai people ( My wife is Thai and deffinatly agrees with this). Chalulangkorn was the son of Mongkut and did much to modernize his country- reformed the monatary system, Created a modern system of laws, Started the first medical school and nursing school, created: the Post office, Dept of mining, Dept of agriculture, Railway dept,ministry of Edu, and was the first to allow educations to the common People ( His father did create the first school, but it was for for Nobles). I dont think Most non- Thai people know of Either leader ( Unless they saw Anna and the King) Thai people certaintantly see Rama V as the most important Monarch. Either one is a good choice for leader of the Civ though.

I would place Either Mongkut or Chalulangkorn (whichever one you DONT use as leader) as a SGL ( if that does mean "Scientific great leader") becouse both pushed to increase Scientific knowledge in the country and mastered many science related subjects. Also the current king-Rama IX Bhumibol Adulyadej as a SGL becouse he was much like the other two in his study of science and promotion of its study in the country. Others- Ramkhamheang, Creater of the Thai alphebet and a Dr Rongun Songpai a geneticist of great importance in Thailand. Sorry cant list any more right of hand..

Mil Leaders: Narasuen, Personally led Thai armies to Defeat the Burmese and Cambodians many times during his short rule. Taksin, Reunited the country after Ayuthaya fell in 1767. Kosatibodi,Sehat Dejo,Cham narn- All lead admirably durring the constant battles with the Burmese.

And again if there is ANY way you can change the Civ trait for Siam please do, I hate to see it stuck with a trait that is so differant than that of the historical Siam.

Yes, SGL= Scientific leaders; sorry for flooding you with those acronyms.

We already have Mongkut as ruler; since you agree with this choice, we'll keep him.

Then our current Military Leader list is (exactly in that spelling, btw):
Ramathibodi
Trailok
Taksin
Chulalongkorn
Naresuen

Doesn't differ too much from your suggestions, so whoever made this list seems to have a clue whta he did...

But, SGL list:
Sci01
Sci02
Sci03
:blush:
Ok, I will definitely fix that now.

The Unique unit: When would you say the Thai empire reached its height? If the KKW is about the time of Knights (was that a mounted unit, btw), our current Sword replacement isn't too far off.

What about the city names?
Here's our current list:

Bangkok
Nahkon Ratchasima
Nakhon Sawan
Ubon Ratchathani
Khon Kaen
Chiang Mai
Hat Yai
Sara Buri
Phet Buri
Rayong
Hua Hin
Chumphon
Lampang
Nan
Nahkon Si Thammarat
Ban Na San
Phuket
Phatthalung
Trang
Songkhla
Khlung
Ratchaburi
Ban Sang
Ta Khli
Surin
Buriram
Tak
Kalasin
Roi Et
Phun Phin
Lop Buri

Major problems?

Any chance of renaming the Korean king? Wang Kon appeals to the puerile sense of humour in me, which makes them hard to take seriously. More importantly, the person upon whom that leader is based appears to be semi-historical, and unless King Arthur is given the same status for the Celts, is probably somewhat inappropriate. How about that king who invented/comissioned the Korean hangul script, King Sejong.

I'm sorry if I'm not in the right thread for this, but I have big troubles running RAR.

I've been searching around in the DyP Forum and this forum, but I couldn't find the solution for my problem.

I simply cannot start any game, because every time I do, I always get :
Load Error
File not found :
Art\Units\Tribes\..\warrior\WarriorRun.amb

I believe the problem is because I own a French version of C3C.

I found the WarriorRun.amb file, but it's in a directory called "Guerrier", which means Warrior in French.

I think I have either to convert my C3C to the RAR format, or the RAR to the French Directories...

I can't find how to convert RAR directories to the French version nor I can't find how to convert my C3C to the standard format.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks, I wasnt too sure about the acronyms, Figured SGL was Scientific leader. But I had no idea about UU :confused: . Luckily Apyloton's has forum just for Abv And Acr...

Ok, On the Mil rulers. I think the list is pretty good except for Chalulongkorn. He was in NO WAY a great military leader. He was a revolutionary thinker, But deffinately not a Military leader of note. However, he did modernise the Siamese army along western lines. ( Lincoln may have been a great President during a war but would not be considered a Military leader) So, I would recommend a name from my list- Kosatibodi,Sehat Dejo,Cham narn- No offence to the maker of your list!! The others chosen are good for a GL. But RamaV just was not known in any way to be a warrior. Some friendly advice on that.

Siam reached a Zenith in the 15/16th centuary.
So yes A KKW would be a contemporary of a European Knight or a Samurai warrior. Firearms were used ( Portraguese) but hand to hand combat was still the main form of fighting in Siam at that time. KKW would be the " best" hand to hand warrior the siamese would have. Often they would fight along side Japanese Ronin ( Samurai without a house). Fight on foot, horse back, and elephant back. Yes, they would be mounted at times but the best form of the fighting style would be on foot. They of coarce would also have fought with a larger amount of normal, less well trained, footman. I understand that you wouldnt want to make a new animated unit. So maybe just use the unit you have for Siamese swords man as a KKW and give Siam just a regular swords man as the first sword unit and for game balence? Just some thoughts. Under Narasuen the empire went almost to Vietnamese boarder on the E. Down the whole Malay peninsula in the S. into about a 1/3 of what would be considered Burma in the east and very close to the Chinese boarder in the N. And would recieve Tribute from the Burmese empire and the Shan states as well.

Ok for the city list. Pretty good, i would just change the order in which some would appear and would add a few more--

Bangkok
Ayuthaya
Phitsanalok
Sukhothai
Chiang mai
Nahkon Si Thammarat
Nahkon Ratchasima
Ubon Ratchathani
Chiang rai
I would leave the rest as is except you can remove the following to add the 4 I gave you.
Ban Sang
Khon Kaen
Nan
Ta Khli

Nothing wrong with the cities, just the ones I gave you would be far more recognizable to anyone who even has a passing knowledge of Thailand. Also, Three of them are really indespensible-- Phitsanalok ( 2nd capital), Ayuthaya (1st capital) and Sukhothai (Capital of the empire that existed there before siam, absorbed into siam in the 14th cent.). the rest is fine.

Hope this helps some?

Thanks for the great game!

Alright, this is a bit basic, but I'm sure you guys can help easily. I've seen quite a few maps that look like a lot of fun on other forum sections, but after trying this Mod, playing Conquests just isn't fun anymore, so I need to do two things to use them in R&R, as far as I can tell:

1) Add camels, sugar, pearls, etc.

2) Put the biq file into a different biq which will run R&R with the chosen map instead of a random one.

That brings another thing up that I just thought of, It would also be nice to pick starting spots (like for a Europe map, for instance) for some civs.

I've never used the editor before, and if someone can answer these questions, I'd appreciate that.

Quite easy. Fire up the editor, load that map, go to File->Import->Rules+Players (select RaR).
Adjust the map accordingly (new resources).
To place a starting location, right click, properties, assign to the player you want (with Player 1 being the human player).
Actually, it ain't that easy - you most likely will have troubles here; the editor requires some time before you find out the finesses, but the help function is quite useful.
Just remember one key command: <space> assigns the 'Active Player'. You'll need this ;).

Start the C3C editor, then in the File section open RaR Extended 1.02. The program may ask if you want to change "Map Rules Scenario." Click on all three. You will probably get a message that not all of RaR Extended 1.02.bic could be imported. Don't worry about this message. Then load or generate the map. Save the file under a new name (i.e., use "save as").

To designate starting locations, load the map into the map editor. If the starting locations you want aren't on the map, click on "Map" on the toolbar, then click "select brush type," "overlay" "player starting location," then click on the map where you want the starting location to be. To designate a starting location for a specific civ, right click on the starting location. Left click on "reassign" in the menu. Click on the box marked "Rome," then use the arrow to select the specific civ you want. The starting location will become that civ's primary color.

Ehhh it seems I have a problem with the "calender" in the game. I mean when I start RaR my starting date is given as- Dec- and does not move from there. Whether it is turn 5, or 500,the date is always December. Is there a way to change this?

Sorry if this has been adressed before, cant seem to find anything about it.

Thanks

AFAIK, this problem is caused by a missing patch (incorrect label.txt).Whats your Conquests version? The second reason which crosses my mind...are you playing the extended version? The time is measured in months here, however the number of passed months per turn is always a multiple of 12, so the month in which the turns play will be always the same.

Question:

Since you need bonus food on your start in order to grow to size three to build a clan, how do the AI grow? They don't necessarily always get bonus food. What happens?

Top Bottom