Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

I have posted this on a screenshot, but Im not sure if anyone heard this but, the Science advisor is Sid Mier

i was making a scenario and i named a city Zin Ku and when i ran out of cities, instead of New Zin Ku it was
Zin Ku 2
try it.

That is not an easter egg, that's the standard procedure for city naming. After exhausting the city list, the game will cycle through again adding "New" in front (eg., New Zin Ku), then when the list is completed, they are cycled through again, adding "2" at the end. (eg., Berlin 2)

Oh my god, please add my suggestion to the Civ3 Easter Eggs, it IS a easter egg, let me show u guys a example of one of those pictures... (probably one of the funniest)

LOOK AT THAT, and tell me its not a easter egg!

Lincoln says "the business of America is business" which is a quote from president Calvin Collidge

It's probably been posted before but if you declare war on India and they ask for peace he may say "all we are saying, is give peace a chance" from John Lennon

Idk if this is been posted before, but, here it is anyways:

I was playing against the Iroquois recently, they were furios at me, and I was asking for a deal that the advisor said they'd never accept, and Hiawatha said: "What, do you want me to throw in Manhatten Island as well?" (Might not be the exact words...)

This one really surprised me today. :crazyeye:

Does anyone know if it is triggered by something, or if it just randomly appears sometimes?

Attachments

• hailtoemperor.jpg
    hailtoemperor.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 686
I have Vanilla. And in the tech tree, if you put your pointer above Monarchy, the science advisor says something like "It's good to be the king."

I'm not sure, but I think it's a reference to the Tom Petty song "It's good to be king." Its on his solo album, Wildflowers.

I just noticed that. And I didn't want to read through the whole list, so if its posted earlier, sorry.

Did you watch the super bowl, or can you even get it in Canada? Tom and the Boys played 4 songs at halftime. Anyway, I think that that is an Elvis reference, as Elvis has popped up all over Civ.

Yeah, pretty sure it's Elvis. On a side note I got the Super Bowl all the way down here in SA. I'm pretty sure the Canadians would get it. ;)

I had just read your easter eggs, and was playing a new round, and I found this screenshot. It's for the "revolution" easter egg. I wasn't sure wether to send it or not, but here it is. Sorry about size.:D
Spoiler :

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but one of the sayings in there when they are trying to make peace with you says: what the world needs now, is love, sweet love. I'm pretty sure that's a song reference.

I was doing a little anthropological research when I came across this -- "The male-female paring of the Yumbo and Otavalefia suggests that savagery and civilization are seen as complementary opposites."

It's October 2008 and I finally figured it out. I'm sure everyone else either knew or gave up by now -- but I just stumbled across it.

Yumbo! = Savagery!

Sorry for posting on a forum that had no posts for some 3 months but I have an Easter Egg: If you have troops in Dutch territory without a Rite of Passage, when William of Orange pops up to comment about the troops on his land, he says "Your troops are not exactly tip-toeing through the tulips of $CITY3, $PLAYER0. May I be so bold as to suggest that you recall them at once?" I believe there is a song called "Tiptoe through the Tulips" that this Border Warning is referencing.

Top Bottom