Download BUG and BAT Here!

I merged Better BUG AI with my own mod (Yxklyx). Everything works fine but I can't access the Help File from within the BUG in-game windows. BUG tells me to check the System Tab for a Search Path and I tried a few things to no avail. The merged mod is here:

C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Yxklyx\

The Info directory is below this and the help file is there. How can I access the Help file?

How do you tell what version your store bought BTS is? I think I have an older version but don't know so I not sure if Bug 4.4 will work with it. I didn't find it in the owner's manual or at least not a number that looks like a version number.

It will be 1.0 or original until it's patched, you'll want to bring it up to 3.19, also it seems like the patches on the site here work better than trying to use the in game patch button.

I don't understand how to install the BUG mod on the Steam version of BTS on Windows 8. With the 4.4 installer there is no option to choose an installation directory so it doesn't appear to get into Steam.

Can someone explain to me, step by step, how I go about installing the mod given my setup?

I don't understand how to install the BUG mod on the Steam version of BTS on Windows 8. With the 4.4 installer there is no option to choose an installation directory so it doesn't appear to get into Steam.

Can someone explain to me, step by step, how I go about installing the mod given my setup?

Try the default Custom Assets install and run the installer as Administrator. That means right click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator". It should install in the right place, which is %Documents%\My Games\Beyond the Sword\...

Try the default Custom Assets install and run the installer as Administrator. That means right click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator". It should install in the right place, which is %Documents%\My Games\Beyond the Sword\...

OK, I tried that and it seemed to install in the same way it did when I first tried installing it. But now when I hit the BTS shortcut created by Steam, an error message flashes for a second saying something to the effect of "ignoring the BUG Mod/4.4 path." BTS loads anyway, but without BUG.

I can't find an exe for BUG anywhere either to try that. Still stuck ...

I installed BAT 1.41 that was provided from page 5 of the thread, and there is no darker 'Blue Marble' water for me. It's still light.
Spoiler :
I'm not even sure this is the only graphical malfunction. The same is with Fall from Heaven 2 mod. Everything -seems- good except water (light again). If I uninstall BAT 1.41, then water becomes darker again. Light water is unwatchable, unplayable... and I can't without Blue Marble mod. Dark water is why Blue Marble was and is great. Anyway, I have BtS 3.19 and BUG 4.4 installed. BAT 1.41 was installed -not as mod- and with checked high res blue marble graphics.

Is there any way to have darker water with BAT 1.41, which is really great mod?

Another question. Does BAT 1.41 (5th topic page) automatically install 'better AI', or there is an another link?

I installed BAT 1.41 that was provided from page 5 of the thread, and there is no darker 'Blue Marble' water for me. It's still light.
Spoiler :
I'm not even sure this is the only graphical malfunction. The same is with Fall from Heaven 2 mod. Everything -seems- good except water (light again). If I uninstall BAT 1.41, then water becomes darker again. Light water is unwatchable, unplayable... and I can't without Blue Marble mod. Dark water is why Blue Marble was and is great. Anyway, I have BtS 3.19 and BUG 4.4 installed. BAT 1.41 was installed -not as mod- and with checked high res blue marble graphics.

Is there any way to have darker water with BAT 1.41, which is really great mod?

Another question. Does BAT 1.41 (5th topic page) automatically install 'better AI', or there is an another link?
I'm confused as to why your water is that light. BAT 4.1 uses the same "dark" water as Blue Marble and the original BTS does. I did a little experiment with lighter water in BAT 4.0, but people hated it, so I changed it back in 4.1

I'll look at the water files, but your water looks like BAT 4.0 to me. Can you get a screenie without the clouds in it? Just the shoreline and deep ocean in one shot so I can see. Thanks. :)

BAT 4.1 doesn't automatically install Better AI, that's a separate mod. If you want Better AI with BAT, you can download Better BAT AI. It's made by me, and you can find the d/l link in my sig. Note that it has the same Blue Marble water as BAT 4.1 does.

I uninstalled and deleted whole Civilization 4 (just everything) and installed it again: C4+patches+Warlords+patches+BtS+3.17+3.19, then Blue Marble high res, then BAT 4.1 as a mod (later not as mod... + BMarble high res...) and... it doesn't work: light water and possibly everything is somewhat lighter, although it is noticeable that textures look better and BAT 4.1 content is fully present. And there is no problem with other mods, now. They all have darker water.

The 1st scr. shows light water (closer), the 2nd shows how is with other mods and the 3th is again light water. You can see the difference on the mini maps.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

If it is happening only to me, probably there are some conflicts. Hard to say where. Lucky as I am, things could be messed up all the way to registries.:sad::D

I have windows XP.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Did I deleted BUG 4.4 files properly? I'll still keep trying to tweak something.

Where can I download BUG 4.5 solo? Or would it be good to use any BAT version before 4.0?

I don't think that you're doing anything wrong. BAT must be using lighter textures for the water, like standard BTS does. I know some mods use darker water and textures, especially Realism Invictus. BAT uses the standard Blue Marble textures. There are darker ones in the BM installer, but I never used them for BAT. You can install the darker ones from BM into standard BTS and then copy the water files into BAT. It isn't hard. Just install the dark textures into BTS and then let me know if you like that and we can go from there.

I don't think that you're doing anything wrong. BAT must be using lighter textures for the water, like standard BTS does. I know some mods use darker water and textures, especially Realism Invictus. BAT uses the standard Blue Marble textures. There are darker ones in the BM installer, but I never used them for BAT. You can install the darker ones from BM into standard BTS and then copy the water files into BAT. It isn't hard. Just install the dark textures into BTS and then let me know if you like that and we can go from there.

Yes, this helped me. Thank you so much. :worship:
I copied 'water file' from BtS-BlueMarble (normal/standard brightness was enough) to BAT1.41 'terrain/water' folder

So, BAT 1.41 water was lighter by default? Or?

I think there's no need to change anything else. Graphics now looks as they should. Beautiful blue/indigo water, green grasslands... Mystical darker tones dissimulate graphical imperfections of the original look.

I'm so glad I can now play BlueMarble/Bat/Bug/Bull together. The game is almost unplayable without these.

Yes, this helped me. Thank you so much. :worship:
I copied 'water file' from BtS-BlueMarble (normal/standard brightness was enough) to BAT1.41 'terrain/water' folder

So, BAT 1.41 water was lighter by default? Or?

I think there's no need to change anything else. Graphics now looks as they should. Beautiful blue/indigo water, green grasslands... Mystical darker tones dissimulate graphical imperfections of the original look.

I'm so glad I can now play BlueMarble/Bat/Bug/Bull together. The game is almost unplayable without these.
I'm glad you're enjoying the mod. :)

First I'd like to thank you guys for making the BUG mode. I love it very much and always use it.

However, lately I've been playing Civ V to try out the Brave New World expansion and I like the game much better.

So, I was wondering if you guys make a version of BUG for Civ V? Or if you know of a good alternative?

First I'd like to thank you guys for making the BUG mode. I love it very much and always use it.

However, lately I've been playing Civ V to try out the Brave New World expansion and I like the game much better.

So, I was wondering if you guys make a version of BUG for Civ V? Or if you know of a good alternative?
I don't think there is a version of BUG made for Civ V. I'm sorry, but I don't know of a good alternative. I don't play Civ V.

I tried to get a free pre-release version of Civ V by promising to make a BUG version for it. They didn't bite. In the end, i didn't buy Civ V and from the sound of it, that was a good investment.

Just installed these mods again and am enjoying a game of Civ IV for the first time in several years. It still hold up!

I'm not familiar with SHA checksums. How does one generate them?

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, back in mid-2013 i didn't know how to calculate the checksum with windows builtin tools. And i didn't want to suggest cygwin which i normally use for that, because it seems like overkill to install for just that.

But today it dawned on me :goodjob: It is possible to do it with the windows powershell.

Here are the Instructions, should work on windows 7 and 8:
1. Search for powershell in the Start-Menu (7) or Start-Screen (8) and run it.
2. The Powershell Window shows a Prompt displaying PS followed by the current Path and > at the End. It should start out in your home-directory, e.g.: PS C:\Users\joe>
3. Use the "cd" Command to change to the Directory where you Downloaded the Installer into. If you use the standard Downloads Directory in your Home-Dir, you can just type: cd Downloads
4. The Command to calculate the SHA256 sum is:
Get-FileHash '.\The BAT Mod v 4.1 Installer.exe'

Note that you can use Tab-Completion to enter this without typing it all out. Just type: get-f <Tab> <Space> the <Tab>
(If you have multiple files beginning with "the", just press Tab several times till you get to the right one)

Edit: You can select the Hash with the mouse and then copy it to the clipboard by doing a right-click.

As for why i think it would be nice if checksums where posted: Theoretically someone could hack a mirror and let loose a virus on the files stored there. When i can compare the checksum to the one posted here in the forum, there is a chance i could notice the problem.

Thanks for the resource, mintegar.

I'll be sure to post checksums with the next releases. :)

I'm working on version 5.0, but real life is taking its toll, and I'm having issues with some of it. But be patient. It is coming. :)

Top Bottom