Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I need help finding a copy of BAT MOD 1.5. I understand it's unsupported, and 2.0 will be awesome.

I've had to wipe and rebuild my computer, so I've re-installed Civ 4, BTS, 3.19 patch. When I got the BAT mod, it came as BAT mod 2.0.

I'm very much in the middle of a saved game, which won't load without BAT Mod 1.5!

Can I force the saved game to load with BAT Mod 2.0? Can I get an archived copy of BAT Mod 1.5? other suggestions? The tanks were all lined up on Brennus's capitol......

Another vote: Civ4 is unbelievably better with BUG and BAT, and thanks for all the tremendous effort.

Excuse me, I should have typed "Bat Mod 1.2", not 1.5. I can see the individual files on SourceForge under the 1.2 tag, not yet the nice wonderful loader.....

You may have some errors during game play, but you should be able to rename your "BAT Mod 2.0" mod folder to "BAT Mod 1.2" to finish your game. If not, you can go to the BAT download site, and click on more files to see all the old file releases. We still ahve 1.2 available, it's just not supported anymore. Hope that helps! And thanks for the support!

Oh yeah, almost forgot... this won't work if you locked your Assets.

You gave me back my tanks! Thanks, alerum!

When I copied BAT Mod 2.0 to BAT Mod 1.2, I did have to go in and change the name of the *.ini file from "BAT Mod 2.0.ini" to "BAT Mod 1.2.ini". I'm sure that's incredibly forehead-slappingly-obvious to experienced modders.

And yes, I started a game with 2.0, which includes the Blue Marble. Elegant, dudes. An awful lot of good work there.

I play HoF games and had BUFFY installed as a mod and that worked great. I'm now going to participate in a succession game and it was agreed that everyone should use BUG but not installed as a mod so that the game is accessible to all. I downloaded BUG 4.0 and followed the single play install instructions. Loaded CIV and BUFFY mod started. Realised the CivilizationIV.ini file still had the mod as Buffy and changed it to 0. I also changed the Buffy.ini file to NoCustomAssets = 1. When I loaded CIV it was plain BtS, no BUG.

Subsequently, I installed BUG 4.0 as a mod and CIV loads BUG automatically. The CivilizationIV.ini file has

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod =BUG Mod 4.0

I'm able to play with BUG but I'm not sure if this will create a conflict the other members of the SG. In the single player mode should the CIV.ini file have the mod as 0 or BUG Mod 4.0?

I'm able to play with BUG but I'm not sure if this will create a conflict the other members of the SG.
It will.

In the single player mode should the CIV.ini file have the mod as 0 or BUG Mod 4.0?
No - leave it at '0'.
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

When I loaded CIV it was plain BtS, no BUG.
Did you start a game? You cannot really see BUG from the menu, you need to start a SP game to see it. Just make sure that you do NOT check 'locked assets'.

Unfortunately, even if you get BUG to work this way, BUFFY will have problems (will be fixed in next release). To play BUFFY games, you'll need to actually rename CustomAssets to something else. Then rename it back to play BUG again, etc.

There is an INI file include when you install BUG that should be used. Where is that file you posted? Look where you installed BUG for "UserSettings/Adv Unit Naming.ini" that has a ton of settings in it--one for each unit + era combination.

I'll ask my questions in here:

1)
If I download the latest BUFFY, does that mean I have the latest BUG (4.3)?

2)
I installed betterAI in customassets. If I install Buffy as a mod, does that affect betterAI at all?
(besides that, can u even notice somehow that betterAI really work? I didn't noticed a change)

If I download the latest BUFFY, does that mean I have the latest BUG (4.3)?

No, I believe the latest BUFFY v3.19.003 uses BUG 4.2.

If I install Buffy as a mod, does that affect betterAI at all?

Yes, both BUFFY and BetterAI have their own DLL, and only one can be active at a time. Fuyu maintains a merge of BULL and BetterAI, but it cannot be used for HOF or xOTM games.

(besides that, can u even notice somehow that betterAI really work? I didn't noticed a change)

Hover over your flag next to the minimap and you'll see if BetterAI is active.

Top Bottom