R.E.D. modpack

Im loving this mod, thanks for the good work :goodjob:

One question tho, im working on a mod of my own, which adds a new UnitArtDefine (its basically a combination of 2 existing units), but since we cant Update this table, we have to use all the file each time we modify this things.

So, im internally using your files and adding my new ArtDefines on them, so theres no problems in files overwriting each other at mod load. So my question is, could i release this internal version, using your files? Giving you proper credit of course.
Or maybe you see a way in which i could add my UnitArtDefine so theres no need the mess with your files? (altho Kael said on his tutorial that its not possible, soo.. :confused: )

Thanks in advance, and again, great mod :b:

yes, off course, I've edited the first post to make it clear that any part could be used in another mod, just remember to give credit :)

It's true that for the modular mods it may be better to keep the module separated, for the updates, but as you say the artdefine part is not (yet ?) modular...

That should be possible (not to have a different formation before attacking, or not until the complete sdk at least), it seems to me that it's already the case for gunpower units, and maybe I can make the older units to keep (or regroup to) their usual formation before engaging, I've seen a tag in the unitmembers.xml that may just do that :)

not to use for all units, but for the most "disciplined", yep, good idea.

Yes, definitely for the more disciplined units. Is it possible to have different formations for attack and defense? Say if a pikeman is attacking, they move forward with a spear wall. If they defend the front line crouch grind their pikes in the dirt, the middle line puts theirs between the through the front, and the back puts it through the middle lines. (Can't remember how many lines there are for a pikeman:p)
I don't remember if I've said this, but I'm no modder. ;)
I, however do know a little about formations used and can do some research.
PM me if you like.

babylonian bowmen don't seem to be effected by this mod, they are kinda giant, think you could do them too?

awesome mod though, i really like it!

babylonian bowmen don't seem to be effected by this mod, they are kinda giant, think you could do them too?

awesome mod though, i really like it!

Same question:

Hello,

First of all thank you so much for create this wonderful mod, and sorry in advance for my poor english.

I write to report you, that you missing Babylonians Bowman in your files, so in my last game i fought versus gigantic bowman :).

Plz, if its possible, include the Babylonian Bowman in your next release :)

Again, ty for your work

Answer:

I'll see what can be done, but I really hope one can make a mod to change data from DLC without having the DLC...

Evidently he doesn't have the DLC.

If someone posts the babylon info he could include it in his mod, no?
If the <Where Type Babylonianmumbojumbo> isnt finding anything (people who dont have the dlc), it would simply ignore it, or cause a crash? :/

I can try. Can someone PM me with the content of "Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml" and "Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml" from the babylon version ?

it's not the DLC content itself, just the definition of the unit presentation. In fact I need juste the part for the Babylon UU. a text like :

Spoiler :
Code:
	<UnitArtInfo>
		<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_U_EGYPTIAN_WARCHARIOT</Type>
		<Formation>ChariotElephant</Formation>
		<DamageStates>1</DamageStates>
		<UnitMemberArt>
			<MemberType>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_U_EGYPTIAN_WARCHARIOT</MemberType>
			<MemberCount>3</MemberCount>
		</UnitMemberArt>
	</UnitArtInfo>

in Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and a text like :

Spoiler :
Code:
	<UnitMemberArtInfo>
		<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_U_EGYPTIAN_WARCHARIOT</Type>
		<fScale>0.085</fScale>
		<Granny>Assets/Units/U_Egyptian_WarChariot/U_Egyptian_WarChariot.fxsxml</Granny>
		<Combat>
			<Defaults>ART_DEF_TEMPLATE_MOUNTED</Defaults>
			<bReformBeforeCombat>1</bReformBeforeCombat>
			<bHasShortRangedAttack>1</bHasShortRangedAttack>
			<bHasLongRangedAttack>1</bHasLongRangedAttack>
			<bHasStationaryMelee>1</bHasStationaryMelee>
			<Weapon>
				<WeaponTypeTag>ARROW</WeaponTypeTag>
				<WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>ARROW</WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>
			</Weapon>
			<Weapon>
				<Usage>Vs_City</Usage>
				<fVisKillStrengthMin>10.0</fVisKillStrengthMin>
				<fVisKillStrengthMax>20.0</fVisKillStrengthMax>
				<WeaponTypeTag>FLAMING_ARROW</WeaponTypeTag>
			</Weapon>
		</Combat>
		<MaterialTypeTag>CLOTH</MaterialTypeTag>
		<MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>WOODSM</MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>
	</UnitMemberArtInfo>

in Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml but for Babylonian.

having some trouble finding the files with Babylon's entry. there isn't one in the DLC folder, and its not in the normal files you asked for. I'll keep looking >.<

so the artdefines IS modular, at least in DLC... good to know.

ok, here is a test version, can someone with the DLC test it and report if the babylon archer size is fixed ?

(to install just put the download file in your mod directory, go in the game browser and click "install mods" in the installed tabs, then select R.E.D. Dev version, if not already done deselect the normal red version and try a game with Babylon)

if it does not work, please try to change the line "LooseFilesOverridePAK = 0" in config.ini to "LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1"

TIA, waiting for report.

I hope it will work, else modding DLC will be difficult.

Nice idea ! I found a glitch with archers, when you launch the game, the arrows are not at the right place (they're a few pixels in front of the soldiers). After when the unit moves it seems to be ok.
I've put a screenshot in this topic here if you need.

(it's with the mod downloaded in the browser mod, not your test version above, that i've just seen)

you're right, thanx for the report... I've just checkd Kael's mod with bigger units and it has the same problem (but inversed, the arrow is to far back). I haven't found yet where the arrow position is defined, but I'll note that in the todo list :)

ok, here is a test version, can someone with the DLC test it and report if the babylon archer size is fixed ?

(to install just put the download file in your mod directory, go in the game browser and click "install mods" in the installed tabs, then select R.E.D. Dev version, if not already done deselect the normal red version and try a game with Babylon)

if it does not work, please try to change the line "LooseFilesOverridePAK = 0" in config.ini to "LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1"

TIA, waiting for report.

I hope it will work, else modding DLC will be difficult.

Sorry for not answer before but i didn't have time until weekend.

I tested the dev version with the DLC and i saw that Babylon Bowmen appears in a new formation (11 mens) but the size still the same (more giant bowman :) )

So i think that the rescalate didn't work. If you need help to test or if i can try something, plz tell me.

another test version for those with the Babylonian DLC.

delete previous test version before installing.

and TIA for reports, good or bad :D

Attachments

• R.E.D dev (v 2).civ5mod
    10.8 KB · Views: 266
another test version for those with the Babylonian DLC.

delete previous test version before installing.

and TIA for reports, good or bad :D

Now it works perfect :)

Thank you so much, for all your work in this fantastic mod , and for changed it to work also with DLC content.

Again, "Merci Beaucoup"

Hi, been using your mod; great stuff.
One big problem.

I wanted to see if it was having an effect on turn times, as the animations for combat are just slightly longer then the original, but your mod seems to have done something strange. ( I play on greater then huge maps.)

I've now tried deleting it.
You mod seems to overwritten something. The game will not convert to the original unit graphics. I even tried playing a non-mod game and I still got your unit graphics.

Some assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when melee engages bowman, most of the time the animation will hang at the end of combat for the two units for several seconds. (this is one of the things I think may be effecting turn time. I beleive the that AI move times are accounting for combat and move times, even though you can't see them.)

you're using the modbrowser or you've downloaded and installed it manually ?

edit : if it doesn't change after uninstalling the mod, you may try to delete the content of the cache folder in "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache"

Top Bottom