R.E.D. modpack

I am talking about the MP mod from post 899
Oh, sorry, I meant the MPMPM tool that grew out of the Gedemon's original work to produce the mod in post #899. If you read the description again you'll note that that one didn't have the DLC civs by design, to ensure compatibility with those who hadn't bought them.

Thanks for pointing that out - will have to have a go at it and see if I can figure it out :) Just want R.E.D. ethnic units along with your "just ethnic diversity" mod :)

So I am playing a map as Greece and the past few turns I've been getting crashes and freezes. Without R.E.D. enabled it works fine and I get this log message when crashes happens.

[909343.297] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[909343.297] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[909355.363] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[909355.365] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[909361.065] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[909361.065] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[909368.972]

Can some please decode what this means exactly? I have altered with the R.E.D. files some just adding some jet textures and such (Which work just fine).

What I find with R.E.D. is that I have to disable the DX11 texture decompression option. Otherwise, I eventually get corrupted icons and other oddities. I haven't seen an outright crash, but I've never played long after those symptoms appear.

I have a 4GB nvidia 760 and CiV happily fills up video memory with all the LH scenes (those are the beneficiary of the feature). However, it seems to hit some sort of internal memory limit with R.E.D. in play and you get black transparencies, corrupt icons etc. The resources are there, but it doesn't utilize it. Maybe it's an address space issue, as I also have only 4GB system RAM and directX virtualizes video memory. I'll have to check after I move to 8 or 16 GB.

This is my interpretation anyway. Personally, I find the benefit of hardware texture decompression is marginal with already fast performance. The difference of a leaderhead screen load with the feature enabled/disabled is literally microseconds.

Just skimming the the thread and thought I'd offer that for those having issues.

That's a Firaxis error that never got fixed. You'll get it with no mods enabled.

Yeah, I didn't realize that R.E.D. wasn't causing my crashes when I crashed playing my map without R.E.D. enabled. I think the mod causing the problem is the Revolution Modpack.

Only just started downloading mods today and thought the diverse civ units were amazing. After downloading every single one, I found this... :eek: :lol:

Is there any way you could list which civs have been fully or partially "diversified"? It'd be a great help just so downloaders wouldn't have to cross check each time a new unit is made available. It'd probably also be a great a reference point for modders to know what is left to be done.

Thanks for the time you must have spent on this amazing mod, keep up the good work!

Thanks for pointing that out - will have to have a go at it and see if I can figure it out :) Just want R.E.D. ethnic units along with your "just ethnic diversity" mod :)

Been a busy few weeks - but did manage to compile the multiplayer mod using modbuddy/firetuner, and after a day of testing in hotseat it all appears to be working perfectly.

Don't really have a frame of reference for how it is supposed to work, but haven't noticed any problems so far, and we are getting diverse units. Unfortunatly my wife and i both picked european civs, so it is difficult to gauge just how much is working, but the AI's are getting their diverse units. So - yeah - as far as my limited mind I can tell, it is working as intended :)

What I find with R.E.D. is that I have to disable the DX11 texture decompression option. Otherwise, I eventually get corrupted icons and other oddities. I haven't seen an outright crash, but I've never played long after those symptoms appear.

Hello heinous_hat :hatsoff:,
could you describe a bit further what oddities you had? I just started a new game with a couple of mods turned into a DLC using the MPMPM tool and had some weird purple flickering at certain points, when looking at the game options (in a running game), but only on the first tab, then when I expanded the city information to assign workers to tiles, then when choosing a pantheon. All went away after task-switching, resp. restarting the game. :badcomp:

Hello heinous_hat :hatsoff:,
could you describe a bit further what oddities you had? I just started a new game with a couple of mods turned into a DLC using the MPMPM tool and had some weird purple flickering at certain points, when looking at the game options (in a running game), but only on the first tab, then when I expanded the city information to assign workers to tiles, then when choosing a pantheon. All went away after task-switching, resp. restarting the game. :badcomp:

It looked to me like the transparencies behind some of the notification icons would display as black or black with colored bars. This would eventually spread to other UI elements, like the religion panel. I don't think I have any screenshots, but I'll check.

Switch off gpu texture decompression (checkbox) in video options and see if it solves it. Like I said, my impression was that it was either a memory issue or at least correlates with higher vram usage (which definitely occurs when you use that option). It's only benefit is slightly faster LHscreen loading. That's negated almost entirely if you're using an SSD.

It looked to me like the transparencies behind some of the notification icons would display as black or black with colored bars. This would eventually spread to other UI elements, like the religion panel. I don't think I have any screenshots, but I'll check.

Switch off gpu texture decompression (checkbox) in video options and see if it solves it. Like I said, my impression was that it was either a memory issue or at least correlates with higher vram usage (which definitely occurs when you use that option). It's only benefit is slightly faster LHscreen loading. That's negated almost entirely if you're using an SSD.

Alright, thanks for coming back to me. :) Unfortunately so far I haven't found a way to reproduce my issues, which makes it more difficult to locate the source. I'm possibly having hardware problems with my graphics card, but it could also just be the drivers, or the mod combination I put together with the tool.

Hello Gedemon,
as you maybe read in my above posts I'm using the MPMPM tool to turn some of my mods to DLC format. I noticed two things, resp. bugs.
First, when you hover over the city banner you don't get the popup anymore that says "City "x" will produce "y" in "z" turns".
The second is that when a unit can be promoted, there is no information when hovering over the promote button whatsoever, it's just a blank popup.
I tried using the MP version of the mod you posted to see if it's a fault on my side and although the promotion popup works fine, the city production one does not. Could the two be related somehow or do you have any ideas what could cause those problems?
Thanks in advance for any help. :)

PS: The mods I combined for myself are
Christian Denominations (Historical Religions) (v 8)
City States Leaders II (v 7)
Great Prophet Historical Names (BNW or GK) (v 26)
Hindu Denominations (Historical Religions) (v 1)
Historical Religions (BNW or GK) (v 43)
Islamic Denominations (Historical Religions) (v 22)
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)

PPS: In your MP version of the mod I noticed it's v28 and also now found it on github. Is that one still being tested or why isn't it available via download link here?

PPPS: I also have the problem with just using R.E.D. (v27) and IGE as modpack.

Is there a way to add a new unit class to the RED modpack? I want to add a dive bomber unit.

Is there a way to add a new unit class to the RED modpack? I want to add a dive bomber unit.
You could use R.E.D. Xtended (which adds strategic bombers and jet bombers, among many other classes) as a template.

Love the idea.
I have a MAC, BNW version of Civ 5

I downloaded the file, placed it into a MOD folder with all of my other MODs.
Now when I open my MODs menue, all the other MODs show up, except R.E.D.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Hello,
Im having the same problem as this, and I also tried manually extracting it with no luck. What should I do now?

I think I am having a crash issue with RED modpack (v.28). I am also running smarter AI mod so it could be that as well. I'll start a new game with just RED and let you know. The crash happens on Russia's turn for some reason, but I can't find a way to tell what the issue is. Logging has been useless in this case.

Hi all, I am new to this mod things for Civ 5, but I did try a lot to make this mod(R.E.D) work, but I can't make it work. I use a mac I did read and do what it says here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=403978

But I really don't understand what to do next I did try to download this mod and placing it in the MODS folder but nothing happends. Somebody here who plays it on a mac and want to help me?

Greetings Rowns.

Top Bottom