TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

It has been three years since Etar became High Chief of Toras. Gaining the language of the land, as well as learning of the local culture.

The people of Toras had once lived in this land, at peace with their neighbours. The chief at that point had a feud with a neighbouring settlement, and so in the night attacked them with a small group. In that struggle, the neighbouring chief and his family were killed. News of this attack quickly spread to the adjacent settlements. The following week, people from all these settlements came to the chief's residence, to show their disapproval over his actions. Facing all of the neighbouring people, and neighbouring nobles, the chief felt frightened of their response. Trying to legitimize his action, he began to speak that Ziril, the spirit of the mountain had told him to punish this neighbouring chief. The murders were the form of punishment that the chief dealt. As he was speaking of doing the word of Ziril, the ground shook. Looking north to the mountain, smoke began to gush out from the top. The people were astounded, and shocked. It is said that a small girl, amidst all the commotion, raised her voice loud enough for all to hear, and spoke to the gathering “Ziril shows her great disappointment towards Toras' chief! We must leave here, and return when we've learned better!” The people, in a state of fear towards the Wraith of Ziril, took her word, and fled. Many travelled west, others took to boats and travelled east.

In their exodus, the people who travelled west created the positions of the High Shaman in order to better understand the wrongs that they committed against Ziril. The High Shaman would also guide the people in matters spiritual, in ways that Ziril would approve. One of the High Shamas first moves was to declare a High Chief of all the tribes, in order to try and avoid petty feuds between chiefs of equal standing. Many High Chiefs after the exodus, the people of the west, believing that they had learned better, travelled back east on recommendation of the High Shaman. They had just settled back into their home of Toras, as their High Chief, a very old man now, grew sick. It was the day after his death, that Etar was chosen to be the next leader.

Etar was chosen as their leader because of his red hair. The High Shaman had believed that Ziril choose this man to lead them and do her will. For his first year as High Chief, he ruled little. He had no knowledge of the native language. It would take him years to speak fluently, and always with an accent, which the people would declare “The voice of Ziril”.

Learning more of the culture of his people, Etar feels he has enough knowledge to affirm his own powers.

Often reflecting on his family, and his original home, one of the first things Etar did was change the word of Chief. He claimed that it was what Ziril demanded. He proclaimed that the leader of Toras, the High Chief, would forever be known as Torasetar. The High Shaman would be called the kutamziril (in Etar's native language, roughly translates to 'speaker of Ziril'). Shamans would be known as kutams, and the chiefs would be known as kudusts. After all of his life being told what to do by his father, Etar now had a private laugh. He now ruled over his father.

Etar, now Torasetar, longing for the sea that he grew up on, began to promote fishing, and sailing. His people had fished and sailed, yet not nearly enough as he would of liked. Torasetar proclaimed that in order to do the will of Ziril, the people would need to learn of the ocean – the sky was domain of the spirit of the mountain. The ocean, and the land, was natural domain of man. An accomplished sailor, taught by his father and his slaves, Torasetar personally assisted the people with the matters of sea. In doing so, he became much loved with his people.

It was in the third year of Torasetar that the life of Toras began to change. It is said that during a damage dispute being two kudusts, Torasetar and the kutamziril disagreed on the verdict. The kutamziril was quite used to ruling – he was essentially regent for the ailing High Chief, and the learning Torasetar, and did not want to give up his power. He was ruling based on tribal precedence – something that Ziril had been acceptable of. However Torasetar – now beginning to command the people himself, proclaimed that the kutamziril did not know what Ziril truly wanted. The kutamziril stated that it had always been done this way – that Ziril was fine with the verdict. Torasetar dismissed the kutamziril, and his verdict was final. News of the clash between the two leaders spread quickly. In the coming months, they would often disagree on issues. The kutamziril would speak of what was done in the past, and Torasetar would set new precedence. This lead to increasing tensions between the two powerful heads of the community. Finally, something broke. The kutamziril began to speak in public against the Torasetar – saying that he was an imposter of Ziril. Torasetar, would speak, citing his Ziril-blessed head, as well as the fact that the Wraith of Ziril had not yet come upon him. The people seemed to be siding with their Torasetar. In rage, the kutamziril attacked the torasetar. Immediately, a young man jumped up, and tackled the kutamziril. The kutamziril was detained, and the people all wished to know what Torasetar would do. Torasetar declared that if the kutamziril did not accept his authority, he would be executed. If he accepted Torasetar's authority, he would be accepted as a normal citizen – albeit revoking his Kutamziril title. The kutamziril didn't accept his authority, and was later executed. The young man whom tackled the old kutamziril, was proclaimed by Torasetar to be the new kutamziril. The Torasetar would now appoint the religious leader. Torasetar spoke to the people gathered:

“All those who believe falsely in Ziril will be given the choice to repent, or be executed. It is Her will.”

Nobody had spoken the name of the emperor since his ascension to the throne. All that was known was that orders had been sent out to treat with the barbarians to the north. With any luck, they would cease their attacks or even join the nation.

Ma Ling had been selected as the head of the party of diplomats sent to talk with the savages. He knew it was because he was the most tolerant out of the nobles - and he had a gift for languages - but the Xi emperor's good intentions didn't stop him resenting the post, at least slightly. The other emissaries under his command were a mixture of nobles, merchants and commoners, presumably to increase interclass camaraderie. All it had done, in Ling's eyes, was cause conflict in the group.

As the barbarians' camp came into sight, Ma Ling uttered a sigh - both of relief at the journey's end, and in frustration at the apparent futility of his mission. He was expecting little from the potential attackers except possibly acorn. It matched his previous experiences of them.

As they approached, riders left the bounds of the tent-covered ground and rode towards them. From their speed, Ling at first assumed that the riders intended to mow them down. Instead, they were surrounded and greeted cheerfully in the Xilar language. A friendly-looking - at least for the raiders - warrior called as they approached: "Greetings, children of the sun! We have been expecting you. We grant you the shelter of our camp and the use of our waters. Remember, betrayal is punished harshly, yet the faithful are always rewarded in our lands.
You are welcome in the Tatar camp."

I've Started Updating!
Still Need: Africa. Seriously, I've got everyone else!
Europe (0/2)/(0/4)
Italy (0/3)-0
Aegean (0/2)-0
Asia (2/4)
Mesopotamia (1/1)-1
China (1/1)-1
Indus (0/1)-1
Levant (0/1)
Africa (2/3)
Nile DONE
Zimbabwe DONE
Mandan NO ORDERS

Sorry. Orders coming soon. I was offline much of the past 4 days...

to the Cities of Lower Egypt and the Delta:
The Pharaoh of Anor speaks, and you should listen. I am the son of Osiris, the avatar of the god on this Earth. Will you deny the image of god his rightful throne as Pharaoh of all of Egypt? I am an aging man, and Isis have shown me a future that you should obey. All will fall to Anor, or will fall to oblivion! A great danger always lies behind the horizon, and I, The avatar of Osiris, Great Pharaoh of Anor, will unite Upper and Lower Egypt to protect it from this dangers, as the gods demand of me. Do not deny the gods destiny, for you will only suffer for doing so.

to Upper Egypt excluding Thebes:
I am Rezzemus, Greatest Pharaoh of all. Soon I will unite the two thrones and my son will wear the dual crowns of Lower and Upper Egypt. Will you deny Osiris his destiny? To rule all of Egypt as one? Isis has given me a premonition before I die. A great evil is rising in the south, the Nubians seek to destroy the Egyptian gods and temples, will you let them? Or will you let me protect the lands, as the gods wished, with Osiris within my blood?

to Thebes:
Insolent fools. How dare you deny the great Osiris his destiny? My son will be crowned with the great crown of Upper Egypt in your temple complex. This I have foreseen. Isis has shown me great pieces of the future. Where your leaders are either slaves to the Pharaoh of a united Egypt or as bodies destroyed by the Nubian raiders. Which do you prefer? Do not deny my greatness! I am Rezzemus of Anor! Pharaoh of all of Egypt! Your hypocrisies are well known to all. Defying unification by uniting lands around them? Laughable! My son will soon remove you from existence.

ooc: Why do you use Imagshack?! It's so annoying! I can't look without accidental clicking.

I don't want to hold off the update, I'll join next turn. but so I remember:

Nation Name: Tribes of Palestine
Color: Light blue
Location: Where Jerusalem should be sounds good(A few miles east off the coasts of Sinai and Israel.)
Background: The Tribes of Palestine are hardly united. They only come together when outsiders visit or when something threatens them. Individual tribal concerns are worried about by those respective tribes. The tribes greatly respect foreigners and are hospitable to any who come to their homes. The tribes usually don't get into disagreements-mostly because they hardly talk to each-other at all. However, in the land it is rumored that someone in one of the tribes seeks to unify it and finally make one people out of the tribes of the land...

I'll add you in this update.

The Tribes of Palestine sounds more like the people you will try to unify. Look elsewhere; everyone starts off fighting or tempting others to join them. I'll call you Jerusalem to start, and have the Palestinian tribes spread throughout the area.

EDIT: Hey, I've having troubles updating and thinking up a clever commentary, so everyone please Visitor Message me a suggestion. I'll put up my favorites/most repeated up for a revote if necessary.

Also, I probably can't update tonight, although hopefully I can get it in by tomarrow. Going to finish Asia/Greece and sleep on Africa/Italy.

How about Tribe of Jerusalem? Historically inaccurate, but works.

Sure. To start off you will have to deal sooner or later with Egypt, so be careful.
A hint; they got VERY lucky rolls, as if some God King is messing with them using the force of Osiris :mischief: (No, I did not fudge the very few rolls I made)

Also; four pages on the writing, and I've just done China, Zimbabwe, Egypt and Aramya. Of course, I've had to introduce lots of new NPCs and situations to keep you busy until you meet each other.

Hopefully, we can get at three more players; 1 for the Middle East, 1 for India, and 1 for China. Seriously, with AltHistorical china and no limit to cultural differences, I would have expected many people to play ball with it!

I've Started Updating!
Still Need: Africa. Seriously, I've got everyone else!
Europe (0/2)/(0/4)
Italy (0/3)-0
Aegean (0/2)-0
Asia (2/4)
Mesopotamia (1/1)-1
China (1/1)-1
Indus (0/1)-1
Levant (0/1)
Africa (2/3)
Nile DONE
Zimbabwe DONE
Mandan NO ORDERS

Tomarrow, I still need to do India, Italy, Aegean, and Manden. Maybe I'll do India tonight but I have stories to write for other people. As for Europe; to many dice rolls so I can feel that it's fair! Don't worry, the half of us who are disappointed is balanced by the half that is not.

Terrance, what I don't understand but would like to, is your "update on the update", sheet-thing you have here. What is (1/1)-1? If you could explain this it'd make me happy.

Update 2
The Spark and The Rise of Religion
100 Years Into the Bronze Age (2900 B.C.)​

Europe
War! While other regions may embroil in minor conflict, in Europe the way of life is becoming predominantly that of the warrior. Both Thloryn and Gyrid successfully offed an dangerous neighbor, while Sarkov attempted to. Every nation faces new neighbors, or old ones gaining more power. As of now, there are ten nations in this small region, breeding conflict far into the future!

Italy
In Italy, the two powers of Ctesiphod and Sarkov enter a cold war. Once, they represented the best the Vallarians and the Cytrians can offer. It is still true, except they also represent the most these peoples can offer. The ancient fueds keep threatening to flare up from time to time as war ravages Valyria.

Sarlov tried to defeat the Samnite cities once and for all. But although he did find the 3000 men to fight his invasion, he did not except a thousand of them outfitted with the fresh armor and weapons. He fought bravely, but died on the battlefield after managing to besiege the city and capture the cause of the conflict. After he left, the Samnite warlord conquered the rest of his tribesmen, and declared “Eternal War” until the two Samnite towns are returned.

However, Sarkov has never been so great before. Sarklov the Elder’s reforms are followed by his nephew (instead of his son) Sarklov II, which repatriated the Slaves from the Samnite wars and gave freedom to many. Italy became more heavily colonized and more Vallarians joined Sarkov until it seemed to be destined with the name of Vallarvale itself. It certainly have support of the remaining Vallarian towns. The economy booms despite the wars, and the new Freedmen have much support for the King of the city.

In Ctesiphod, a fragile peace now reigns. Their militia allies now became proper warriors after generation of training and pride, and their new religion gives them a greater appreciation of their culture; and gives them a growing economy despite their nearly stagnating borders. The capture of Mediolaun puts them on par, if just slighty behind, of Sarkov in the terms of numbers, and greater in terms of unity.

To the north and the south, two new powers have risen. Lijuria, formed by Jornio, declared independence from the old vies of Vallarians and Cytrians. Declaring that they are all neighbors, they have attracted other towns with their metropolitan thinking. At Toras-Noth a new state formed from returning exiles under the slopes of an ancient volcano which they worship.

Aegean
In the Aegean, Gyrid and Athens are both triumphant and yet worried. Their actions have led to the growth of many neighbors, some of whom just want to be left alone, and others are more proactive in their independence. Gyrid launched a massive war of retribution after losing their King, while Thloryn continued to dominate the Aegean in more tangible ways an ever, with their warships numbering the same as many a large town’s entire fishing fleet. As their neighbors get their act together in fear, the Aegean will serve to accelerate the ways of diplomacy.

For Thloryn, not much changed except that their hold on the trade routes have never been stronger. Crete was conquered with small losses, but they hold a near monopoly on local trade of the Aegean and even established colonies into Thrace. Their seapower is nothing to sneeze (or even shake a stick) at, as their more experienced fighters can be quickly installed nearly anywere using professional boats instead of relying on mechant levies. They have great confidence in their ability to starve Sparta and Thebes if necessary, or defeat Troy if they try to get uppity.

For Gyrid, the loss of their King unified them like never before. Their armies crushed Ceris, then spread out in conquest of all Phagria. Within a decade the entire valley of gold was conquered, giving them a large treasury and great power. This lead to Troy finally unifying the Illians, Rhodes becoming a city of refugee Phagrians and the discovering of the slowly unifying Hatti tribes in central Anatolia.

For the Reactionaries, Thebes and Boeotians finally joined Thloryn and Sparta as leaders of a collection of city states in greece, theirs gained by the fear of both Thloryn and Sparta’s power. This development, however, served to divide the focus of attention. Each power is wary of the other; Sparta of Thloryn’s naval power. Thebes of Sparta’s Spearmen, and Thloryn of Thebes’ large population and archers.

Asia

China
As the Xiong Horde comes ever closer, the Chinese Citystates in the far west band together under the leadership of Qi’an. To the East Xilaroi reorganized their creative classes and expanded their urban population, and while preparing their armies they’ve developed a unique formation of Longspear Weapons. While the Man Tribes slowly form small chiefdoms and kingdoms, the central Han Chinese look worryingly at the barbrarian camp flowing through the pass in the distance.

The Tartar Xiong Tribes have arrived onto the North China Plain.

In Xilaroi, La Yang became a full city and a conductor of trade in the center of Yellow River Valley. Several nearby towns joined or formed as the new city begins to draw both Tartars and Trade like magnets. Indeed, to some extent their plan of diplomacy and trade with the Xiong worked; at least the subordinate tribes agreed to not invade Xilaroi, although the mighty Xiong themselves have made no such agreement. A corps of Tartaric war-carts have joined the Xilaroi army, but how much trust they are given depends on whether the Emperor feels they won’t spy on his shiny new Longspear Guards regiments.

Quote: A modified spear potentially has further reach than any other weapon in existence. Increasing the shaft to a length of 2.3 metres means Longspear regiments in the Xilaroi forces can, especially in defense, stab at enemies with impunity. While still vulnerable at range, a group of Longspears can charge a path through enemies or defend a choke against enemies who outnumber them.

The Emperor’s Contest was to become the first of several more, and every time the Emperor gave the contestants jobs which he knows will work to the best of their ability. This started to reunite the classes in Xilaroi and with the agreement with the Tartaric tribes, their new shining regiments of Longspears and their growing prosperity, the Xilaroi are becoming more confident.

The Zhangat, a Chinese Kingdom to the West, prepared to take the full blunt of the Xiong invasion. With the Xilaroi immune to the first attacks through diplomacy and trade, and the central Chinese city states posing no resistance, they turn out spears and archers by the thousand in the attempt to stem this invasion.

The Xiong have arrived onto the plain and took controls over their subordinate tribes. Many of these subordinates agreed to not invade Xilaroi, but the Xiong themselves don’t care where they invade; as long as there is a lot of gold to steal and a lot of women to take. Their invasion will begin soon as all of China feels their pressure.

The Man Tribes have started forming small Chiefdoms and Kingdoms. They still have developed no interesting culture except for a particular tradition of community service. So far their trade has become dominated by the Xilaroi, but only a few northerners influenced for generations joined them.

India
Dakinsa Raj begins to centralize its domains after wooing all of the lower Indus into it’s federal kingdom while the jealous city of Yud’dhabhumi decided to form their own Rajdom. “If joining is a privilege, consider that a one we would like to skip on.”. Raj Kumar II then started to develop infrastructure, developing the key town of Mahakvadya into a city at the center of growing domestic trade routes. Neighboring cultures are ever more dependent on trade with Dakinsa, and although growing numbers are getting the notion of raiding, few act upon it.

They continued to use bribes along with their trade to expand their borders, and four more rajpaylas joined. However, what made Kumar II reign special is that he is the first Raj to use his funds to build infrastructure, formerly a (much ignored) domain of the governors. Trade quickly flowed into new Rajpayls and neighbors looked with envy and joined themselves. Kumar II also founded the Kumarias, some of the first instituted libraries and scholarly centers in the world. All this building, learning and trading lead to a new city forming from one of the major towns as well as increased sense of unity within the Rajdom.

Yud’dhuabhumi Kings decided that enough is enough. They don’t want to pampered as Governors and they don’t want to be bribed. They desired the “integrity” and “spirit” of the past and formed their own nation, the Yuhumi Raj. Although copying many of the governmental systems of Dakinsi, here it came of necessity to gather as much support against Dakinsa as possible. They oppose further expansion by their southern counterpart, but also opposes war. “One day, the people will figure out what they did, and will declare themselves for Yuhumi” they declared.

As for other neighboring peoples, the Dakinsa Raj seems ever more delightful prospect. The Gujarati City of Santirast declared itself for the Raj, but refrained from joining in fear of reactionary elements of its military and tribal tradition. The Nomadic tribes are also unifying, with the Parinmangalu Rajes preventing his people from raiding Dakinsan trade, although several of his more enterprising and more independent tribespeople do so anyway. Dakinsa has a bright future, if it can survive not only the Indus, but what lay outside.

Mesopotamia
Aramya, lead by Launar “The High-Browed King”, is supremely confident of their power. War with Irud was isolated from the rest of Levea, trade was started with the Paruhorsehockyes and the nation still retained its dynamic energy. To the north, Ortun is slowly becoming a significant power, guaranteeing the independence of Awai against the raids of the more savage Paruhorsehockyes, founding more colonies to the north and discovering a significantly different culture. Mesopotamia is growing ever wealthier on the tightrope of peace over the flames of war.

Almost as soon as Launar secured his rule, he confronted Irud with the famous Ultimatum of Iruddite Sovereignty. The nervous upper class immediately rejected the Ultimatum, to the discontent of the people. When the “Diplomatic Guard” around the city suddenly tightened the siege, the first of many revolts occurred. Records are skimpy of whether the city was won with Aramyan soldiers storming the keep, rebels killing their Kings or the Kings surrendering, but the end result is that Aramyan Forces, with signifigant losses, captured Irud. Much of the city was destroyed and it devolved into a town, and many Iruddites moved to other, less devastated areas of the Aramyan nation they are now part of. There is a school of thought that this migration was intentional slavery by Aramya, but there is no real evidence for that, Right?

Launar then actively worked to improve his nation. On the economic side; Cameron, a new and easier to work script, was aggressively adopted by the growing bureaucracy for the use of records. The Clay industry was heavily subsidized with the use of the pure clay west of Irud. Trade was opened with all Levean and Paruhorsehockye states, with embassies formed for the former. Merchants upon thousands poured into Kitalo and Danae. Parush was especially affected, with the rude nomadic camp Pire forming a new, agricultural class and declaring allegiance (but not sovereignty) with Aramya. All in all, this lead to a massive growth in domestic economy so that Kitalo and Danae seemed to merge together themselves, with the massive sprawling of workshops, warehouses, dockyards, pens and markets.

Culturally, Launar proceeded in a much more… approved fashion than his predecessor with the development of symbols for his nation. This symbol was found all across Levea, and even those in Sarte, who helped Irud initially, begun identifying themselves by that symbol. He also supported a priestly class, who solidified the Kitaba and Danu as the supreme gods upon the hierarchy of the traditional spirits.

Ortun also begun growth after discovering the Akkadian culture to the north. (they will mostly likely be renamed by their more prolific Levean neighbors). The Akkadians have comparably significant amounts of limber from their own northward trade prospects and also trade in captured beasts. They also have their own similar polytheistic believes, but so far completely reject Kitabalist missionaries of any denomination. Awai is strongly influenced by Ortun, while Sarte is influenced by Aramya. It is a quick-draw match of peace or war, and a war with Ortun will last much longer due to their walls (from the time when they were the fronteir) and their Akkadian allies.

Africa

Egypt
ALL HAIL OSIRION, PHAROH OF ALL EGYPT.
Egypt was reconquered in a decade of blood and glory. First there was the campaign against Thebes. The Royal Army marched south and met the Thebans in the dikes outside the city. Even with the defenses incomplete, they served to hold the chariots and allowed the Thebans to fortify the city itself. After a short siege, the floods arrived and the Royal Army destroyed the fortifications and retreated to secure the middle towns. In the south, at Aswan a Theban and an Anorite spearmen company dueled to the death, bringing the Archers of Aswan. When the floods receded, the Royal Army once again poured forth, killing the Thebans who were attempting to farm and surrounding the city, now with empty granaries and starving soldiers. When their warriors attempted to fight their way out in the field, they were surrounded by the chariots, out flanked by the Southern Division, and completely destroyed. As the fields outside were farmed by loyal Anorite settlers, King Osiron, Pharaoh of Anor, crowned himself Pharaoh of all Middle and Upper Egypt.

When the Pharaoh returned to Anor he ordered the completion of his father’s plans. The world’s first step pyramid was built across the river from Anor. The base itself twice the size of any king before him, the new layers reached the Mastaba into the sky, and the special stone shone in the sun light. It was but the first of the new designs, but upon seeing it the Lower Nile warriors of Avaris surrendered. When he sent his fleet of Chariots to parade this bloodless victory, Dameitta surrendered as well. Although there was another decade of clearing out rebels in the swamps of lower Egypt and the cliffs of Upper Egypt, for the first time in two thousand years, the Egyptian Nile was unified.
However, new foes rose upon the horizons. To the west, the first whispers of sand bespoke the Lybians of the Sahara forming into larger tribes, basing themselves on hidden oasis of the desert. To the south, the Nubians are forming ever larger kingdoms and their raids strike ever harder at the forts of Aswan.

Despite this, it is a time of triumph. The rest of the years are passed with reforms, celebration, and exuberance of the Egyptian people as the bloody sacrifices of the wars of unification are slowly forgotten, save for the towering mausoleum of Rezzemus.

Manden

Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe was mostly quiet compared to other regions, but trade kept growing and uniting the region. The flow of money convinced many Zambezi tribes to join the growing Zimbabwan state. Although the Nomads are growing ever larger in population, only few yet entertain whimsical thoughts of capturing the Zimbabwan Treasury, said to hold a giant room of gold, and other full of ivory. Culture Flourishes as many other Zambezi tribes seem to follow the road of Kariba and join the growing state.
Now, however, Zimbabwe has company in the form of an expansionistic state almost as enthusiastic as itself. Kuama was just an ordinary Zambezi tribe until it discovered the Malawi culture to the north. It grew into a large city as trade begun flowing through it the way it flowed to Zimbabwe itself. Kuama seeks to expand to the “River Bend” trading post to the south and monopolize the trade between the Zambezi and the Lake Peoples, as well as limit Zimbabwe’s power.

First Orders: Electric926
Best Orders:
Best Stories: You all win!

Spoiler preStats, will be checked and added tomarrow :

Sarkov/Tycho
Color: Black
Religion: Proto-Ancestor/Martyrdom Animalism
Size: Small
Economy: 1/5/0 -0
Military: 1 Spearman (1.5), 2 Warriors (1), 1 Curragh (0.5)
Confidence: Tolerating
Culture: Limited
Projects: None
Description: Of the three peoples, the Vallarvalians are the most cultured, with advanced arts and crafts and living rather peaceful lives. When they fight they raise a militia of their brave farmers to supplement their Royal Guardsmen. At Sarkov a strong, centralized merchant city was built on the important trade route between their people and the Samnites; they controlled the main ford on the Tiber and many small watercrafts on the river as well.

Ctesiphod/Eltain
Color: Burgundy
Religion: Ancestor/Martyrdom Animalism
Economy: 1/4/0-0
Military: 1 Warriors (2), 1 Archers (1.5) 1 Militia (.75), 1 Curragh (0.5)
Confidence: Respecting
Projects: Pooperscooper (Done: +Religion, +Easier Agriculture Growth)
Description: The Ctesiphod now dominates the Rtas. A fortress-city, it controls trade with other Ctyrian tribes and occupied cities, and it defends the passes their people once poured through from. If it feels like it, it can easily raise a mass of militia from allied tribes to support their warriors. However, most Ctyrians live in scattered tribes much like the Samnites. They just enjoy the opportunities of a new life the fertile valley gave them. They have yet to distinguish their unique culture.

Samnia/NPC
Color: Orange
Religion: Proto-Ancestor/Martyrdom Animalism
Size: Tiny
Economy: 1/2/1 -0
Military:1 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archer (1.5), 2 Warriors (1)
Description: Samnia managed to survive the Sarkov onslaught with a twist of luck by killing Sarlov, King of Sarkov. Unifying their tribesmen, they are willing to fight an eternal war against the growing kingdom.

Liguria/NPC
Color: Light Green
Religion:
Economy: 1/1/0 -0
Military:2 Warriors, 3 Curragh (0.5)
Description: A Naval power based on unity of all peoples.

Toras-Noth/Moldath
Color: Apple Green
Religion: Ziril Animalism
Economy: 1/1/1 -0
Military:1 Warrior (2), 5 Curragh (1)
Culture: Mediocre
Description: to be made longer
A religious people returning to their homeland, they have attracted many more to join them under the leadership of a lava-haired youth. Their future is as expansive as it is dangerous, for many powers can threaten to destroy their peace.

Thloryn/ZeletDude
Color: Cyan
Religion: Primitive Polytheism
Economy: 1/5/0 -1
Military: 1 Warrior (2), 3 Warriors (1), 1 Curragh (1.5), 6 Curragh (1), 16 Curragh (0.5)
Description:Thorlyn predominates trade on the Aegean, but must accept local monopolies as well. They have a strong fleet to defend their interests, and a oligarchian tradition which leads to a merchant-dominated interest. Their army is large compared to many neighbors, and very centralized and well paid, but it is weak compared to other states.

Gyrid/electric926
Color: Dirty Yellow
Religion: Primitive Animalism
Economy: 1/4/3 -1
Military:4 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archer (1.5). 2 Warriors (2), 2 Curragh (0.5)
Culture: Average
Description:The Gyrids are a new state with an old culture. Once, Lyr (along with Ceris and Troy) was simply the largest and meanest trading post among many. However, unlike Ceris and Troy, they decided to control their friends before messing around with their actual enemies. The House Gyr slowly built their influence and centralized the trading confederacy, forming the Gyrid nation. Distinguishing from their neighbors, they use their strong economic clout to form a large army which they are not afraid to use.

Rhodes/NPC
Color: Red Violet
Military:1 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archer (1.5). 6 Curragh (0.5)
Confidence: Apathetic
Description: The Phagrians escaped from the Gyrid onslaught to the island of Rhodes. There, they declared full and complete independence from the mainland, War with Ceris, and peace with Gyrid. Although this haven’t prevented Gyrid from conquering their homeland, the Rhodians are safe, for now, and seek to colonize a new homeland.

Illian Confederacy/NPC
Color: Pale Yellow
Military:2 Spearmen (1.5), 2 Archer (1.5). 3 Curragh (0.5)
Description: Frightened by Gyrid’s rough handling of the Phagrian cities and of Thloryn’s conquest of Crete, the Illians finally joined under the leadership of Troy to secure the right of tolls to the Black Sea.

Sparta/NPC
Color: Purple
Religion: Pimative Animalism
Economy: 1/1/0-0
Military:2 Spearmen (3), 2 Spearmen (1.5)
Projects:
Description: Uniting the Pelloponesians, they seek to anatagonize Thloryn without distrupting the profitable trade of her rival state.

Thebes/NPC
Color: Violet
Religion: Pimative Animalism
Economy: 1/1/0-0
Military:2 Warriors (1), 2 Archers (3)
Projects: Walls of Boeotia (2/5 +Defense, esp Archers)
Description: Uniting the Boeotia, they seek to anatagonize Thloryn without distrupting the profitable trade of her rival state.

Xilaroi/General Olaf
Color: Light Green
Economy: 2/2/1-1
Military: 1 Xiong War Cart (2.5), 2 Longspear Guards (2), 2 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archer (1.5), 1 Curragh (0.5)
Projects:
Description: Of the Xilaroi, their home city, Xilatang, dominates the trade at the delta and the fishing fleets of the yellow sea. Their Emperor rules by the common consent of powerful nobles, and allows many freedoms for his people. However, all know that he has countless men in his pay, and the few who would dissent against him decide to stay silent because of that. They have a bright future if they can continue their brilliant leadership in the conquest of China.

Zhangat/NPC
Color: Purple
Economy: 1/2/1-1
Military: 2 Spearmen (1.5), 2 Archers (1.5), 5 Warriors (1)
Projects:
Description: Zhangat formed around the initiative of Qi’an and in fear of the Xiong tribes. They have raised a large army and many walls to defend themselves, but will it work? In the future, they hope that they will win this war and expand into the resource rich hills of the north China plains.

Dakinsa Raj/Southern King
Color: Royal Blue
Economy: 2/3/1-0
Military: 3 Warriors (1), 1 Spearmen (1.5), 2 Curragh (0.5)
Culture: Strong
Projects:
Description: The Dakinsa Rajdom has a unique government, where the Raj chooses his governors, who would choose the next Raj. Their control of the country is fair yet limited, the Raj himself mostly controlling Dakinsa, the dominant city, and it’s army. With many neighbors and internal factions to deal with, the Raj must balance all factors to move forward.

Yubhuma Raj/NPC
Color: Salmon
Economy: 1/1/1-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archers (1.5), 1 Curragh (0.5)
Projects:
Description: A reaction against Dakinsa, Yubhuma Raj is a much looser confederacy of tribes dedicated to preserving the individual power of every single citystate and chiefdom.

Aramya/Stockholme
Color: Chartreuse Green
Religion: Kitabalist Animalism
Size: Medium
Economy: 2/4/0-0
Military: 3 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archers (1.5) 1 Curragh (0.5)
Projects:
Description: The Aramyans, the Exalted State, beams in its achievement despite the grumbling of their newer subjects. As legend says, a freed slave won a contest of wit and became the head of Danae, the largest village. Quickly conquering its neighbors, he turned Danae into a superpower on par with Ur. Before he died, he sent his reorganized army to reach the sea; this they did with great success. Now it is many years later, and a hereditary bureaucracy rules Aramya, composed of the sons of the Legendary’s favorite generals and advisors. Their army is slight rusty from lack of practice, but trade booms and agriculture grows.

Ortun/NPC
Color: Dark Blue
Religion: Proto-Kitabalist Animalism
Economy: 1/2/0-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Archers (1.5) 4 Curragh (0.5)
Projects:
Description: Spurred by the new northward traderotues to Akkad, Ortun is growing with the settlement of colonies instead of conquest. Traditional protector of Awai, some are considering annexing the perpetually besieged city while others watch fearfully, and joyously, to Aramya to the south.

Pharaohsa/erez87
Color: Yellow
Religion: Proto-Egyptian Animinism
Size: Medium
Economy: 3/4/0-1
Military: 2 Warrior (2), 2 Spearmen (3), 1 Archer (3) 2 Egyptian Chariot (2.5), 1 Curragh (0.5)
Projects
Description: The King of Anor declared himself Pharaoh after he defeated an Egyptian rival across the river. His son quickly expanded through the power vacuum, but slowly met other regional powers. Unwilling to commit his still small force, he spent the rest of his days gathering his treasury and training his troops. The Grandson of the first Pharaoh, Rezzemus , is much bolder. And he has a very simple plan.

Manden Kingdom/Darth Nader
Color: Dark Red
Economy: 1/1/2-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (3), 1 Archer (1.5) 1 Curragh (0.5)
Description: The Manden Kingdom is a strong centralized kingdom unified by an age of war. Their armies are well trained and their people confident of their power. Agriculture powers the regrowth of population as the people adjust for peace, or for further war.

Zimbabwe/BSmith1068
Color: Dark Red
Size: Petite
Economy: 2/2/0-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (3), 1 Archer (1.5) 1 Curragh (0.5)
Description: Zimbabwe grew as a trading post in the center of the savanna, and the city itself funnels the trade from the southern plains to the northern farmland cities. To the south are various trading nomads and on the Zambezi are small farming villages and citystates. It lives an Idyllic and peaceful life, but remains dynamic and charged full of energy.

Kuama/NPC
Color: Brown
Economy: 1/1/1-0
Military: 1 Archer (1.5), 1 Warrior (1), 3 Curragh (0.5)
Description: Kuama was just an ordinary Zambezi tribe until it discovered the Malawi culture to the north. It grew into a large city as trade begun flowing through it the way it flowed to Zimbabwe itself. Kuama seeks to expand to the “River Bend” trading post to the south and monopolize the trade between the Zambezi and the Lake Peoples.

Spoiler Map :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry for the short shift/detail desparity. I promise I will force myself to do Europe first next time. :D
EDIT: AS for the mess that is the Aegean, blame that on my RNG giving high rolls for (unification chance) after I applied the (fears for independence) and (fears local power) onto it. Mind, the Illians did get +3 fears Gyrid on a roll of 20.
Not that I use many dice, but...

EDITEDIT: Damn, forgot Jerusalem.
You have 1/1/0-0 economy, and with 3 warriors, 1 at 2 str and 2 with normal str.

Wonderful update Terrance, really good work :). Will be posting some stories tonight if I have the time, and will have orders in as soon as possible.

Top Bottom