TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

ooc: nm this all and you can delete my PM!
And one last thing - you can rename my country to Anorian Egypt

About how you write dates into the update - I suggest to spread things thinner. In 10 years everything in my orders came along... And the next 40 years? Nothing at all happened? Now I have to write it as the reign of boring unimportant kings with nothing to do but... Let the time run doing nothing, maybe building their own stepped pyramids, but not as special as the first...

Hungwe was scared. He was all alone in the bush with nothing more than a club and a spear. The others were all spread out in a long line that started by the river. Their job was to drive the lion towards Hungwe.

He could hear their shouts and banging of their clubs against the trees, but he could not see them. In fact, he could not see much more than five or ten paces from where he stood. The bush was thick near the river, but Hungwe had found a little clearing along an animal path to wait and ambush his prey.

It was a right of passage reserved only for the sons of Kings. Hungwe had been waiting almost fifteen years for this chance. This was his chance to prove that he was a man. Being a man meant more than anything. It meant he could take a wife. It meant that he could become a warrior and fight for the glory of the Kingdom. And more importantly it meant that he could finally become King.

Hungwe’s father, the King, had died earlier in the year. Since Hungwe was not yet a man, he could not become King, so a small group of his father’s closest advisors had been running the growing nation until the time came when Hungwe could be crowned.

All that stood between Hungwe becoming the King was a lion: A scared, cornered lion in tight bush with no easy escape – for man or beast.

Hungwe was scared. This was not how he imagined this day would be. The shouts and beating of sticks were getting closer. Hungwe’s heart was beating faster and faster and it was all he could do to stand his ground and not run as fast as he could back to the village.

Then suddenly he heard another noise, much closer than the shouts and sticks. He readied his spear just as the lion came crashing through the bush. Reaction set in. He leveled the spear just as the lion lunged at him. The sharp point entered the lion’s chest right between his front legs. The lion let out a large grunt and collapsed to the ground with Hungwe still holding on to the shaft of the spear. Quickly he drew out his long knife and cut the throat of the lion before he could revive or even thrash with his long and sharp claws.

Then, just as fast as it started, it was over. Hungwe stood up and thanked the gods he had survived. He then knelt down and thanked the lion for sacrificing itself so that he could become king. The lion’s mane would be made into a headdress that signified Hungwe’s position of power. His hide would be made into a royal robe that can only be worn by Kings.

The shouts in the bush had stopped as did the beating of the sticks. Slowly the other hunters gathered around Hungwe and started chanting an ancient loyalty oath to their soon to be new king.

Illrya crashed into her cot. A bed of straw and dry leaves gathered up inside a woven cloth her mother had made long ago. Her family's hut was not large- a single room, the walls of which were made from large stones and coated with dried clay, mud and straw from down by the river, and roofed with wood boughs and logs, long grass and clay. It was actually considered a luxurious home- for the region. Half of it was underground (the benefit of having been built between two small hills, high above the river), but not the point of flooding.

It was luxurious due to it's position, yes - in the warmer seasons, it stayed cool, nestled between the two hills. But in the colder seasons the winds that chilled the region could not reach it. Yet, it had rugged, livable landscape. It's immediate surroundings, too; the Rtas river could provide for many. It's rich red clay, while in itself a great resource, played host to a wide assortment of reeds and wildlife, most of which was edible. The Cytrian mountains in the north washed nutricious mud and sediments to their doorstep every year - a bounty from the Ancestors, no doubt.

Dimming light poured through the cracks under the door as she stared at the far wall. Being the youngest, she got to choose where her cot lay each week when they were refreshed. She always chose the farthest wall from the door, to avoid any unwanted drafts or light. She could hear her father and his father talking somewhere. Possibly behind the house - out the door, up the hill, around the roof. They sounded far off.

Their whole way of life was about to change though. There was talk of a new settlement not too far from their home. Her father's father had always had an influence as one of the older Rumen around, but he never took advantage of it. Always for the time of recruiting he would name the strongest, fastest young boys and ask them to go off to war. Unless Ctesiphod forced them, they always had a choice.

He had been arranging for a meeting place recently, however. A place for huts to spring up; a more local market, so that the simple farmers and potters of the valley wouldn't have to struggle to take their goods, wares and resources to the far-off Agame, Mediolaum or even the great city of Ctesiphod. Men and stones from all the local farms would join together in one place to start a larger community, and maybe even attract those born elsewhere.

That was the plan, anyway. Her elders knew how to make things work - they had built this home, before Illrya could even walk, or remember. They had sown the land with seed and cleared the bushes and unwanted trees. Even a stone staircase down to the river and the farms had been constructed. She was sure they could do this, build some silly market.

"Illrya?"

Illrya lifted her head from her folded arms and her cot. Whose voice was that?

"Illrya?"

Just her mother's. She rolled over and sat up, stretching. She had disappered for too long, lost in thought. Her mother would surely scold her now. She stood up and brushed herself off, yawning. Walking to the door, she opened it. What greeted her the other side was not a welcome sight.

A dozen or more men holding the black Sarkovian banner and wearing black facepaint held her mother and father's father to the ground.

"Ma? Ma!"

She shouted. Someone landed with a thud behind her. She was grabbed as she turned on her heel and pushed down. Another Sarkovian man had been on the roof, and had got her now.

"Please, leave the girl. She's done nothing." Illrya's mother pleaded.

"By order of the King Sarklov the Great, all lands not of Sarkovian lineage are to be purged, or sold into slavery in the south."

The man who had grabbed her spoke now. Her heart pounded and she struggled to free herself from his grasp.

"Let me go!" she skreeched, elbowing him in the groin.

He released his grasp and doubled over in pain. Illrya bolted as the other two men started hacking with their clubs and sharp blades at her family. Crying, she crashed blindly into her father, who did not take notice of the weeping girl. Two arrows released- a third!

Two Sarkovian soldiers downed, a third one wounded. Illrya's mother screamed her last and Illrya threw rocks at the distracted soldiers, knocking one in the head.

A spear exploded through a fifth soldier from behind - her brothers! Her brothers had returned from their hunt!

Her father's father dead now. She threw a mudbrick at one soldier, and it exploded in a blaze of glory over his chest, knocking him backwards with the force of the blow.

Illrya's shirt started moving of it's own accord in slow motion outward from her chest. She cocked her head at the sight of a small piece of metal poking from her belly. What is this funny little thing?

Illrya dropped her second mudbrick. What? Why? What is

Illrya's whole body exploded in pain as the arrow shot straight through her. She fell to her knees and clutched at her stomach, trying to make the redness stop.

"King, King, King Sarklov!" General Sylman shouted out as he strode furiously across the court of the palace. The capital was in an uproar with the news from the Ctyrian frontline. "King Sarklov, we bear word from the North!"

"He's in the garden sir." A servant spoke over his shoulder as he moved out of the hall as quickly as he could. Sarklov the Second was not like his hothead cousin, True King Sarlov who had perished during the assualt on the Samnite strongholds, but Sylman was quick to anger and his temper was ferocious when it reared it's head.

"What is that fool doing in the garden at a time like this?"

"I don't know sir."

Sylman's bodyguards were left in the dust as Sylman all but ran to the palace garden.

"Sir!"

Sarklov, second of his name sat on his knees before pool of water, surrounded by trees that let a mellow, dappled sunlight through the foilage. He looked more like his uncle whose name he had taken when he had become king then his cousin Sarlov had.

As Sylman entered the garden in a flurry of movement, Sarklov cocked his ear to the disturbance. "What is it Sylman?"

"Sir, we have news back from a shattered warband near the Ctyrian border." Sylman stood at rigid attention, the black and white sigil of the thirteen pointed star over the spear and the scythe bared to the world. "Almost an entire warband killed on the borders, irregulars of course, but still a terrible loss. Seven hundred dead and missing, another hundred wounded and brought back to Sarkov. This is an act of war sire! The banner of our nation burns on the frontier of the blasted barbarians to the North!"

Sarklov picked a stick up in his hand, dipped it into the water and stirred it around. Little waves lapped up on the rim of the pool as he did so.

"What would you want to do about this Sylman?"

"Smash them! Burn their fortress city to the ground! Raze the land and sow salt into the ground, burn their homes and murder their men and women!"

A pause that stretched on for what seemed like forever. "I will not do that Sylman."

"Sir...!"

"No. Enough killing and bloodshed between our two people has happened. We will not do this anymore. The price is too great for this to continue. For near a century we have fought now, and what has it done for us or for them? Only dead bodies and burned lands on both sides speak of what we have done for our nations."

"Are you insisting that we declare peace?"

"I am indeed insisting that. I already have sent an ambassador in a ship to meet with their people. We will have to stop this now before our countries are torn apart."

"Then what will the soldiers do? The city will be in an uproar with this you know..."

"I do know. At the same time, are there not Samnites to the South?"

"Yessir...."

"Take care of them. My late cousin left a scroll of orders to be carried out by me. I intend to see them come to fruition."

"Understood sir." Sylman turned away to leave now.

"Remember this General, and remember it well. 'Creation... so precious, and Greed, so destructive. Hatred and fire burn and cut both ways.' Remember it well general."

"Yes sir."

Hey Erez, actually, it was a bit more spread out.

Your initial campaign I imagine took some time to prepare. The war against Thebes lasted up to 2 years, and securing upper Egypt took another 12 years against rebels and nubian intrusions.

In Upper Egypt, although I dramaticized it, in reality it was a combination of your efforts which caused the two cities to join you. There were also lots of minor stuff going around which isn't important enough to detain further. There is a generation of peace at the end, however, which cleared out most of the bad blood which might have started due to you not falling apart right after (again, you got lucky with alot of rolls.)

So yeah, make it how you will.

To all; Specific fortification projects for a certain city will generally take 3 EP, and each ep invested means another series of walls; you will end up with 2 Walls and 1 Citadel (again, generally.) This will be worth a lot in the defense and such. Thebes project refered to this.

Also, here is something which I think will help all of us as an example.

1 EP - Project Town of _______

The town of X (halfway between Y and Z, ___________) will act as an amplifier for local agriculture and pottery industry. Pottery is a well-to-do industry up and coming in the ___ countryside - engrave your own stories, figures or naked chicks! Store grain or oiled fruits - they last nearly forever!*** Great for long voyages of exploration or colonization. Invest today! The great clay-mud along the _______________________ make for great pottery and grain growth.

And I will allow this 1ep investment to build a town. Why? Well firstly, he explained well why a town would form even without investment, then he explained how he will further the process, and finally I already made provisions for the growth of towns on my own map, and this one matched up.

When you invest things, no, the more you put doesn't mean the better it will go. Actually, I want specifically; What and Where is the investment going, Why and How it is going to work, and hoped for effects. Anything else will be nice detail I can add into the update.

As for the update on the update, this is my system.
Region name (Sections Completed/Sections To Do/Player Orders Received/Player Orders Needed)-(NPC Sections done/Needed)
1 Section is Culture/Religious, Military Campaign and reaction, or whatever I see fit. More or less 3 sections per player.
NPCs generally get 1 Section per nation, and 1 Section covering all the barbs or a region of barbs within the larger region.

EDIT:

@ Tycho
If it wasn't clear, the expansion northward was Vallarians joining you peacefully.

EDITEDIT: Thanks for the support guys. I've checked the stats, and they're up and organized!

It's nice to get honored for punctuality.

By the way, what's the small purple nation that I'm surrounding? And for story purposes, how long did my war last?

Yeah, I'm out. Final projects and dead week are killing me. Besides, after exams, I'll be out of the country for a month with no reason to be on a computer at all.

Also, large font generally doesn't turn my computer on nor does it stop me from studying and writing papers.

It's ok. Hopefully you can rejoin us all later. Good luck. :D

For the small purple nation, it is the junky mountain holdings of Rhodes, which they control simply because none of your generals wanted to be known to win that when there are other, more lucrative regions to capture. Rhodes is the descendant of Phagrians, and is basically an exile state seeking to leave Greece behind and settle new lands.

For the war, Ceris fell during the 1st campaign, and the rest of the areas are slowly cleared out. Around 10 years, says me, for the three main towns to be captured, although minor conflict probably lasted the entire 50 years, eventually rounding the area Rhodes still controls. So the heavy fighting can go as long as you want since the rest isn't that important.

The First Dynasty of Anor - The Dynasty of Osiris
Father Razzemus 21-51
The first king of Anor recognized with the dynasty. While his own predecessors also ruled Anor as kings they were awfully regional and lacked any true influence outside the city. It was Razzemus that turned Anor from a provincial town into a true capital befitting an empire. He was the sole reason for the quick rise of Anor into power over central Egypt. Razzemus also made his son, future king of Anor, into a mighty general with a single aim, a unification of Egypt. Razzemus sent his son to finish the conquest of central Egypt with the campaign against Aysut, bringing trade and riches to his growing city. Razzemus and his vizier Mohadir were the ones who together reinvented the burial monuments of Egypt and he will be the first to be buried beneath a pyramid, the Stepped Pyramid of Anor, although he won't be the one who finishes the job... While his son will be on campaign in Thebes Razzemus will pass away at Anor and buried for a short while in a mastaba created especially for the event he dies before his pyramid is completed.

Greatest King Osirion 51-63
The second king of the Anorian first dynasty and the first true king of a unified Egypt. After two years of laying siege and battling with Thebes the city fell together with the news his father passed away. At his father's request he was crowned king of central and upper Egypt at the Temple Complex of Thebes, dedicated to Osiris, the god father of the dynasty, after which he was obviously named. The conquered kings of Thebes were moved to Anor as slaves to him. Thebes itself remained the capital of the southern provinces but have remained rather in shambles for his entire reign, as most of Osirion's attention went further south and even more further north. After Thebes was taken Osirion returned to Anor and quickly finished the monument his father begun, and also rushed to build his own. In great parades the first was finished within one more year and the awe it brought made the cities of northern Egypt fall to his culture. First Avaris and than Dameitta surrendered and their kings came to Anor to beg for Osirion to vassal them officially in the name of Osiris. He of course quickly accepted the deal and within three years since he went to conquer Thebes for his father the whole of Egypt was united. Not only united, Osirion managed to keep the country stable and managed small riots and rebellions within the borders. Another deed he has done was to battle skirmishes with the Nubian tribes of the south. For ten more years he reigned supreme over a united Egypt, finishing his own small stepped pyramid complex and during this entire time he continually used propaganda and played on his unification of Egypt to feed his supreme rule as a god over the land. He was Osiris incarnate until his death.

King Hadosh 63-69
A son of Osirion, he was nothing like his father. He ruled just barely more than half a century and within it all he managed was to live rich lives, deifying himself and building his own small stepped pyramid complex next to his father's.

King Razzemus II 69-72
The son of Hadosh, named after the founder of the dynasty in an attempt to bring more fame to Hadosh and himself. The deifying of the Pharaoh became so extreme at his time that new statuses of Osiris were formed in his shape. He did not manage to finish his own rather large attempt at a pyramid complex before he died only three years after his kingship begun. His son will finish that and be buried there instead of him.

Wise-King Gothar 73-82
After several rather self obsessed kings Gothar was what Egypt needed. He begun a renovation of the ruling system of the unified Egypt. He saw there are some holes within the government system that are filled by rich provincial rulers that apparently were hiding much from the king of Anor. His renovations of the system, or as they are called, The Wise Reforms of Gothar, begun in the north with the creation of two provinces, Dameitta and Avaris. In order to more deeply control the cities he managed several royal marriage ceremonies to unite the houses of Avaris and Dameitta into Anor. He to rule for a very long time and managed to not only finish his father's pyramid but also to enlarge it further into a mighty complex.

Minor Kings 82-97
Each built a very small stepped pyramid in their times and managed no more than to see the rise of the Lybian tribes. These Lybian tribes and renewed and strengthened Nubian raids were their main battle and each of the four kings of this era died in battle against one or the other. Eventually all they managed was to bring forward a Nubian and Lybian threat. Another thing these kings managed was the eradication of the direct line of descendants from Razzemus. The next king to rule was of the line of the unified Avaris-Anorian line, and with him a new Anorian dynasty.

The Second Dynasty of Anor - The Dynasty of Ra
King Nahan 97-?
The first of a new dynasty in Anor. He kept the capital in Anor but Avaris begun to become more important under his rule. Another change Nahan brought was the sudden change of a leading god. Being a member of the Avaris line, Nahan was tied to the northern deity Ra and slowly but surely made sure all know Ra is now the head god of Egypt.

OOC: Please use the word king or Pharaoh to describe the ruler of Egypt in the updates so I could name them freely... :)

You might want a darker color for the bottom part, but looks amazing otherwise :).

The great king Nahan has sent a message to his vizier, Oses.

Honorable Vizier Oses.
I send you this message for I require you to think further than ever. The Pyramids of the previous dynasty are truly magnificent, but if I am to reinvent my kingdom I need your mind to make my jump stone to the next world even more magnificent. My Pyramid at Anor is by now half to completion, yet I do not want it to be. I want a more magnificent pyramid. I want a monument that will glare in the sun with smooth sides. Make my wonder reality, and I will grant you your own pyramid as well.

The vizier had his work cut up to him. For the next several months he will change the designs of the already half built pyramid in an attempt to redesign it. The working force will double but the work will not be done. The pyramid was strangely uneven and not better than the stepped ones. The vizier had a better idea and sent to his king.

Might son of Ra. God king of Upper and Lower and Central Egypt. He who sits on the sit of power. King of Anor, the hailed king Nahan.
The pyramid which you have sent me to redesign has given imperfect results. Time is of the essence. If I am to redesign the architecture I must begin from scratch. Allow me to build a second pyramid in a new location for your greatness to last to the next world and beyond.

The vizier received approval from his friend, the king of Egypt. He quickly searched for strong ground that could hold into a great structure. He found good land further south of Anor and construction begun. It has taken two more years before the bent pyramid was complete. Oses believed this would suffice for the king and called him to see the new wonder and to accept his own pyramid.

The king's arrival was paraded in the nearby construction village. Yet the king was not as pleased as Oses would have wanted him to be.

"While it is much better than our failure near Anor, I believe I will grant you this bent pyramid."
"My king, and where will you be sent to the next world?"
"You will build a third pyramid, greater than both of this. Larger than ever seen. An entire complex. Design it smoother. Design it to last forever and the bent pyramid is yours."
"A completely straight pyramid. I have attempted that with this. The calculations must have been imperfect."
"Must have been my friend. But imperfection cannot hold when I attempt to recreate Egypt. Here in Dashur you will be sent to the after life with this bent pyramid, and I will be sent with my own great pyramid. I suggest you use the bricks here for the insides, it will give it a red tone. Than cover it with Fine Limestone to glare forever in the sun. Oh one more thing my vizier. Make mine taller."
"I will go to do so at once my king. The location is already decided, I had a feeling you might not be completely pleased."

ooc: Next comes the first true Pyramid! And than ;)

So do you want to go through with your PM, or did you tell me to ignore that PM like you said earlier?

Hehe, he wants his to be taller and smoother than his Vizer's bent one. :p
lol.

Ignore it completely, This 50 years will see much cooler things, Like the move to build pyramids at Giza...

2900-2850 BCE - Update 3

Fear and fury. All of Aramya fell into a state of shock for several generations. Religiously, politically, militarily, economically and technologically the Aramyans faced competitors and difficulties, and were in a furious rampage of realization. The Irudite war had shown bluntly the strategic and practical weaknesses of the Aramyan regime, planning errors combined with impulsive and undisciplined tactics partially destroyed the city of Irud, and hurt the strength of the armed forces. The Ortundians to the north had formed themselves a state, one that had the same geopolitical significance for the region as Aramya, they were growing in size and in production capacity. The priestly class for the longest time had believed that the delta where the great rivers spilled out was merely a larger section of the river, which itself would lead somewhere else. Paruhorsehockye traders had created an uproar by finding a whole ocean outside of the gulf of Aramya. Worse, explorations by the newly discovered Hyaks to the north confirmed that there were more oceans than where the delta let out its water to the gulf. These events happened in the years of uncertainty, when the military council ran Aramya following Launar’s death, while his late born son was being raised.
Compounded on these uncertainties came the news that the Ortundians were constructing a canal between the two rivers! The entire religious foundation of Aramya was about to fall apart! In this period, the adroit and creative little king learned from the priestly class of the mythological history of the nation. He learned Cameon, he even developed it with the palace artists. He was a privileged child. His attitude towards himself was the same as the Aramyan people’s attitude towards their nation. They DESERVED to rule Mesopotamia! Religiously they were divine for they were where the rivers met! And only they would control where the rivers met! When the new king assumed the throne he knew that the gods determined Aramya’s fate: war with the Ortundians. They may be building a canal, but the Aramyans had the gods!
The Aramyan economy was at its peak, the clay reserves were running out, the Paruhorsehockyes hadn’t expanded their industries, and thus Aramyan textile manufacturing was at its peak too. There are too many people! All across the nation a silent whisper was being unspoken: “There must be more!” Up the river… up the river… up the river…

"The amount of gold has been obtained?"

"Yes General, as per orders of the King. He's stopped the war with the Ctyrians, little cowardly bastard, but he is a good king."

"Oh well," Sylman said as he looked over the papyrus scrolls. "These all look very well. Accounts in order, quotas set out in neat patterns, everything prepared including our battle plans. If I didn't know better, I'd say dear King Sarklov II was marching and leading his own army out of Sarkov into Samnia alongside of us to break the backs of the Samnites." Sylman rolled his eyes. "Probably wants to prove himself on the field of battle and show that he is not weak. Has to fill the shoes of his cousin after all, poor cold and dead Sarlov."

"Still can't believe that the Samnites managed to plug him with an arrow."

"Neither can I, but that's the rules of war right there." Sylman peered closer at the paper and smiled broadly. "Sarklov is being very generous right now."

"I expect him to be sir," the aide said humbly as he adjusted his own sets of scrolls. "He's pouring an extreme amount of resources into this invasion plan. He's called upon a massive amount of spearmen to march south with us to break up Samnia into pieces and bring them under Sarkovian order."

"Though these pesky rules of war he has established are quite constricting for our troops." Sylman sighed as he traced the list with his finger. "'No raping. No pillaging of the town. No murder of the civilian populace. No enslavement of normal people who do not resist. No heavy drinking and raping... no alcohol at all on campaign except when we capture a settlement.'"

Sylman gaped at that. That meant that he wouldn't be able to drink his own special brand of grain alcohol on the journey south. That would be a pain.

"How many troops are we taking south with us again?"

"The three warbands of warriors, and the seven units of spearmen being trained at Sarkov right now my lord."

"If we don't break Samnia in one swipe, I will be very upset." No alcohol...... He would have to toughen up pretty fast if he was to keep his sanity on this campaign south.

Thoughts of the kudust Thrasca, following the disposal of the previous kutamzirl.

I hope he, speaking as the will of Ziril, will allow my sister to return. In fact, now that the kutamziril has been deemed speaking hersey by great Torasetar, it makes her original argument somewhat more valid. Besides, I have information that tribes to the south, where she is staying, as well as the west, are following the beliefs of Ziril – yet not in accordance with Torasetar. Perhaps, if anything, I will be able to convince Torasetar that we must cleanse the heresy there – and my sister will be able to prove her loyalty, and return to the family.
The Torasetar has accepted my proposal. Next week, we will sail south to affirm that what Ziril speaks through Torasetar is accepted amongst those people. I will make it my priority to speak to my sister, and get her to accept Torasetar's words.
We have arrived in the settlement known as Wearan. I have spoken to my sister, and she agrees to follow the reason of Torasetar. She will speak to the chiefs of this settlement, however she does not know how successful she will be.
Not as great as I hoped for, but better than other possibilities. Most of the chiefs, now known as kudusts, have accepted Torasetar. The ones who did not, were deemed to be placed into slavery. The kudusts of Wearan have little to complain about this. There were conflicts before we arrived, and now Torasetar is seen, acting through Ziril, as the solver of disputes. The slaves in question are to be returned to Torasetar. In order to preserve a shred of their dignity, they will serve masters who they do not know. I myself, have gained servants this way.
The kudusts of Wearan were annoyed over not ruling over these slaves, as they thought that is what Ziril would have wanted. Torasetar has settled the dispute though. He will take our party, as well as members of Wearan across the western coast. Anyone there who does not approve of Torasetar's will
will be subjugated, and given to the kudusts of Wearan. This pleases all parties involved. In the celebrations, Torasetar was introduced to a great variety of wine, which he claims is fit for Ziril to drink from Herself. Praise Ziril!
There was a skirmish – hostilities with the next tribe. The results: deaths in our party, but also the subjugation of heresy. A local group sided with Torasetar, and as such he gave them their leader the title of kudust. I fear for future endeavours however. The most western tribes are not going to take lightly to Torasetar forcing the will of Ziril upon them – especially now that they have been warned. In the meanwhile, Torasetar has stated his intent to return to Toras, after the deliverance of these slaves.
The population of Wearan is increasing. The influx of slaves is a little staggering. I half suspect of the local kudusts carrying out their own cleansings. Regardless, their loyalty to Torasetar is secure. We return to Toras.
Torasetar has taken wives. He claims that this is the will of Ziril – to allow her will to continue more directly throughout our peoples. Before the arrival of Torasetar, and before my birth, only rarely would a High Chief take another wife. From the tales, this was to cement relations with the chiefs. I am not sure how I feel about this turn of events. To be married to the will of Ziril... my sister, Thrasna, was one of them.
Torasetar has overseen the distribution of slaves. Although the are owned separately, a good many of them are working together on new grape farms. Torasetar has truly been taken in by wines, ever since that day in Wearan.

Top Bottom