While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
3, 6, 9... sums to 18, divide by 3... oh my god, Putin is the Antichrist!

One might conclude then that the EU is full of 'useless eaters' that need to be killed off, preferably worked to death in the nuclear warhead assembly plants.*

*not srs - actually genuinely wanted your view on population size vs global importance of a nation. Its interesting.

3, 6, 9... sums to 18, divide by 3... oh my god, Putin is the Antichrist!

Half-life 3 confirmed? (Iggy tought me about that meme, I'm so down with the kids :) )

I think that when you have a country as ideologically schizophrenic as the (still officially Maoist!) PRC, any 'positions' they take are just ad hoc rationalizations of basic opportunistic realpolitik, dontcha think?

Observe the same thing in what Russia does. They don't advance arguments because they believe in them, they advance them because any justification will do, all subservient to the ends of carving out that regional dominance sphere, under which all other priorities are subsumed.

Russia and China aren't fighting to be accepted as world powers with USA status and responsibilities, they're fighting to be acknowledged as second-tier regional bullies. There is no lasting ideology beyond power. (See Putin's simultaneous fascination with Soviet power and the Orthodox Church, two presumably mutually incoherent value systems.)

They don't advance arguments because they believe in them, they advance them because any justification will do
Well yeah. They're not any different from America and Friends. That's just what states do, because if they stick to immutable righteous principles they lose to the ones that don't.

They don't advance arguments because they believe in them, they advance them because any justification will do, all subservient to the ends of carving out that regional dominance sphere, under which all other priorities are subsumed.
I would argue that an excuse should be at least sufficiently durable to block alpha radiation but my expectations are clearly unreasonable when applied to Human norms.

I feel like WWW has become a conspiracy talk radio show.
Putin did the Tōhoku earthquake to scare Germany off fission and put them in his clutches. The Soviets even did experiments testing such technology, but if you type in "Soviet earthquake machine" into Google, all you'll find is this old credible article among scores and scores of crank conspiracy posts. What are they hiding?

e: Alex Jones is, himself, a false flag op, which is why he immediately suggests everything is a false flag op. It's like that episode of The X-Files where Mulder swaps bodies with the MiB who claims to have invented Saddam Hussein while on the toilet.

e2: Obama will intentionally goad the Republicans into doing something stupid like trying to impeach him with his immigration reform executive order to boost Democratic turnout during the midterm.

Is there anyone sane left in the Republican party anyway? They are thinking of wheeling out Mitt again for gods sakes.

The updated Romney 3.0 will be able to make up to two minutes of small talk.

Well, only 47% of the time.

I hear Nuka is planning on running for a political office. He will probably garner votes if he decided on running.

I hear Nuka is planning on running for a political office. He will probably garner votes if he decided on running.

Yes, I've also heard Dick Nixon is trying again in '68.

Iron birds of fortune
Adrift above the skies
Cloudy revelations
Unseen by naked eyes
Flying tools of torment
Will penetrate the sphere
Erupt the rock of ages
Bringing final fear

Instruments of destruction
Tools of power plays
It's a violent eruption
Existence drips away

Whats it really matter
When nothing really counts
Grave eternal darkness
When drained of every ounce
And when the nightmare's over
The final from the storm
Dust of all creation
To ashes we transform

Instruments of destruction
Tools of power plays
It's a violent eruption
Existence drips away

Link to video.

Free verse is easy,
Ridiculously
So
I can
Write a poem
As long as I can
Write
Words

Yes you can. That it is a poem does not inherently mean it is a good one however.

Haikus are easy too. But that does not make all of them good.

A man who believes all things are relative
Attempts to describe the inherent quality of "good" in poetry and literature to me
I am laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom