DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

OOC: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! My evil plans are working! Soon I will be the ONLY option for trade in the Sea!!!!! *evillaugh*

;)

IC:

Marcus Phialso, a descendent of a Native Tyrmos, walked along the silent streets of this once major city. Now, the Phocesian Navy had flattened it, and Phocesian troops had occupied what little remained. While the war was still going on, however, Phoces could not and would not send resources for rebuilding that could be better used in the construction of new warships.

Marcus was deligthed, naturally, that the Republic his forebears had joined so long ago had now grown to dominate the West Hardemencium Trade. It wouldn't be long before they dominated the East too...

However, the Republic was burdened by its system of government. There were simply too many citizens. Marcus had some ideas to change that, which he would bring up as soon as he could. He was scheduled for return to Phoces next year, and with him he would bring his radical new ideas. Only time would tell how they were taken.

Turn 5: After the technological breakthrough

With the completion of the 5th year in the helm, and to show his respect to the Agni, the god of fire and manhood, the king has commissioned a grand event. News bearers have been sent to all corners of the known world to participate in a tournament wherein each of the kingdom will have a couple offighters face off each other. The strongest will of course conferred the title of "AgniPutra", son of Agni, and an honorary citizenship of Pashim Ghati. Utugia have also been invited for the grand event.

To the south, our neighboring kingdom seemed to think that the Ghati had too much influence in the region. To allay his fears, the king is invited as a guest of honor to witness the great event, which would last over a week.

With the new breakthtough in the field of mining of stones, walls began to the fortified in the kingdom. Slabs of stone, shaped in simila rrectangular pieces, were stacked in great numbers. These would then be placed on the outside of the previously made wooden walls to strengethen the structures. One of the merchants from the merchants guild had come up with a very innovative idea. He called it "watch - tower". The idea was that, a tall structure made out of stone, which would be more than 10 men tall. A nest like structure would also be created where, some of the soldiers could keep a watch on the neighboring areas to keep off problem makers. Each of these outposts would be manned by a team of 5 men each, each working in shifts.
Spoiler :

Among other improvements, a ditch was to be dug out of the manpower we shall be "borrowing" from Utugia. This will be about a 5-6 feet in breadth. Bridges made of stones will then be made at 6 different parts of the city to ensure that people could move in and out with ease. The townsfolk will have residences inside this, while the farmer will have to travel outside the city walls to carry out their duty.
Spoiler :

With the new found improvement in buildings, the men of the armed forces also came up ideas for sharper objects, which might be needed to takle any sort of hostilities whichmight erupt out of jealusy of the great empire. Bows and arrows which were earlier used for serving venison in the royal kitchen, could now be used to hunt down enemies of the state. The arrows now were fitted with sharp flints fashioned from stone. The sharp edges proved especially lethal,especially when they would strike the foes at high speed. The flint was also attached to long poles, which proved good to keep the foes at a distance. The military had a total overhaul, it was time that neighbors, who
knew Paschim Ghati as a peace loving nation, knew of the country for something else as well.​

OOC: OLymparo .. is that the name of the championship Paschim GHati is organizing ? I forgot to put in a name :(

Chapter Six: Hunger (181-210 WhC)
The cradle region was relatively dormant. The giant, Gilguron, got along with its neighbors. In place of war, hunger became the new struggle. Despite having some of the best farming techniques and the richest agricultural history, the region was tested by droughts. Save for Gilguron, Keshbar, and Aluhima, many states struggled to feed their people. Chiefs and Kings realized that they neglected farming to the point that it nearly brought their kingdoms to shambles. One state that was particularly set back by minfortune was Segashto. The dry, rugged terrain was poor enough for farming, and even worse in prolonged drought. The opportunistic Nihamurites capitalized upon this weakness with an invasion from the north. Segashto was severed in two. The western half remained under the same leadership, but the east became a new state, Imrad. Another new state, Qeshbohal, established itself on the peninsula west of Gilguron.

Paschim Ghati was more fortunate than others, as their peace with Utugia proved to help out. Numerous slaves and workers from Utugia worked the fields hard and yields were subpar, but sufficient enough. The region as a whole was not hit as hard. A new state, Gaggan, came into being north of Uldothar, along the drying banks of the Trymos. Trade flowed a bit slower down the river than it had been for the last few hundreds of years.

Further north, in Rasire, a region recovering from the Utugian war, the hunger tore a state to pieces. Sholdhor, once a stable settlement, began to fall apart when its people began losing faith in the leadership. Hungry and restless, they revolted. The state was shattered into smaller pieces, which were claimed by various other kingdoms. The remnants of the Sholdhoric council held a state, which they named Buk. Utugia and Khay Lat, not only adding some land to their territory from the shattering of Sholdhor, expanded viciously. The Khaylatian religion won hearts in the times of hunger. Across the river Metozoanism also expanded its base of followers to Bargon, Dah Djiom, and the newest state, Battai.

Haredicumia may have been the hardest hit by the droughts. Many brave souls fled and established new states to the north and to the east of the older states. Dromiera, Polyaresia, and Ribia were all founded. Alexaendros easily conquered Zyphotar, who struggled to feed their people, let alone raise an army. Phoces ended Iomir's campaign, with a well timed invasion on the small island which struggled with starvation. However, the conquerors of the age were not free of problems either. There were mutterings of Alexaendros splitting in two, and islands of Phoces revolting and becoming independent so they can focus of agriculture. Sinopa, once a refugee settlement, became a bit more expansive. They launched an overseas invasion on the small state of Yrafa. Tembrnos, another seafaring nation originating from an island, was swiftly conquered by Concha and Glypthus working cohesively. Survivors from the many invasions in Haredicumia fled south through the sea to a small bastion on the northern tip of Empreca. The state was deemed Gerefar, or in the native language, Survivor's land.

Extal was much more peaceful and hunger-free. A balance began to come together in the region. The state of Razzar formed west of Hekkai.The entire region was nearly dormant. No progress, nor destruction was present.

Map:
Spoiler :

OOC : Oh I think people are losing interest in this ... damn :(

OOC:
Oh thats a relief, so I am the only one not to have sent in orders yet ?

- the hypocrite

Can I play? If so...

Nation’s name: Ok-sai (Singular & Plural)
Capital City: Kyo-Kin
Leader: Emperor Sho
Place Names: Kyo-Kin, Sai-Lao, Mu-shu, Su-Shi
Societal Structure: A developing society, the Ok-Sai focus primarily on technology. The upper class is anyone who has passed a early form of college, Kyo. The middle class are those who have finished a form of grade school, Mu, while the lower class are those who are not educated. Anyone who is naturally smart will rise to a higher class, all in the name of technological development. The lower class usually serves in the miltary, but are not despised. Indeed, the upper class greatly respects the Lao, as the warriors are named.
Brief History: The distant past is hard to find history for, but the best records say that the Great Flood caused many cultures to fall, leaving only the one family, Kin. The Kin split into groups, with the technologically inclined coming to these islands. This history is reflected in the city names.

If I can join, do I play this turn, or wait for the next?

Attachments

• Ok-sai.png
    Ok-sai.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 210
Marcus Phialso was an older man now, but he had been able to make the necesarry reforms. He had forced the Phocesians to see the error inherent in their system, which was glaringly obvious. Either way, the Phocesians now elected representatives for the councils instead of directley representing themselves. All was good....

Can I play? If so...

Nation’s name: Ok-sai (Singular & Plural)
Capital City: Kyo-Kin
Leader: Emperor Sho
Place Names: Kyo-Kin, Sai-Lao, Mu-shu, Su-Shi
Societal Structure: A developing society, the Ok-Sai focus primarily on technology. The upper class is anyone who has passed a early form of college, Kyo. The middle class are those who have finished a form of grade school, Mu, while the lower class are those who are not educated. Anyone who is naturally smart will rise to a higher class, all in the name of technological development. The lower class usually serves in the miltary, but are not despised. Indeed, the upper class greatly respects the Lao, as the warriors are named.
Brief History: The distant past is hard to find history for, but the best records say that the Great Flood caused many cultures to fall, leaving only the one family, Kin. The Kin split into groups, with the technologically inclined coming to these islands. This history is reflected in the city names.

If I can join, do I play this turn, or wait for the next?

Yes of course you can join, welcome!
The first turn is just the submission. So, after this coming update i will need orders from you like the rest of the players. Thanks for joining! :D

Yes of course you can join, welcome!
The first turn is just the submission. So, after this coming update i will need orders from you like the rest of the players. Thanks for joining! :D

The Ok-sai are coming to take over your NES. Your co-operation is noted, and will be awarded :p

Hey guys, unfortunately my schedule didn't allow me to finish the update. I have the map about half done, and i need to write the update, but i won't have much time until next weekend. With school and sports i am very busy, i hope you don't mind.

Stay tuned in case i manage to find some time during the week to finish it! :)

Hey guys, unfortunately my schedule didn't allow me to finish the update. I have the map about half done, and i need to write the update, but i won't have much time until next weekend. With school and sports i am very busy, i hope you don't mind.

Stay tuned in case i manage to find some time during the week to finish it! :)

Eagerly waiting an update so I can play! :)

Top Bottom