Ages' Beginnings - An Arrow/Immaculate Reboot

Kingdom severely updated. Details missing, but it's finished enough for entry as-is.

I am still editing and will defiantly need to revise the history of my archduchy but progress is occurring. I will need to do some writing on the local industries of my land later on, along with distributing the cultural groupings.

I just want to mention how impressed I've been with everyone's submissions. This world is really taking shape! I'm really exciting for this NES!

Thanks to everyone for the excellent effort so far!

Popcorn Lord, Lord Herobrine, Scarletking, Bair_the_Normal,
We look forward to seeing your completed submission. We can confirm your location and involvement in the NES but we need more material to properly work your house into this world.

Arya,
Do you have thoughts on how to resolve the claims you share with SouthernKing?

Is the pearl guild a proper guild or a noble house?

Somehow I missed this. Sorry:

They're a guild, but they're also the de facto rulers of a province who has no de jure claim (arranged as such by the council to avoid infighting of course). Can the rules handle this?

We look forward to seeing your completed submission. We can confirm your location and involvement in the NES but we need more material to properly work your house into this world.

I think I'll be dropping out. As interesting as this game is, I just can't think of much more (and I'm taking up valuable space).

Somehow I missed this. Sorry:

They're a guild, but they're also the de facto rulers of a province who has no de jure claim (arranged as such by the council to avoid infighting of course). Can the rules handle this?

Yup. I think so. Don't expect loyalty to be high.

I think I'll be dropping out. As interesting as this game is, I just can't think of much more (and I'm taking up valuable space).

Don't; go watch some game of thrones for a bit and you'll get inspired. I'm not crossing you off the list yet!!!

Just did some editing, mainly locations and religion. I might add more later depending on how much free time I have coming up.

Arya,
Do you have thoughts on how to resolve the claims you share with SouthernKing?

Yes we have already discussed it via PM, I have simply not had time to update anything here. What we agreed upon was that I would give up all of my northern claims up to the southern end of that lake and that SK wouldn't be claiming anything on the river south of that lake. If possible, I would like to see a little more land in the mountains and forest in the west to be claimed as well to make up for the land to the north, and I will try and get a new map uploaded to that effect.

Will get to updating my sign up post to reflect these changes.

Kingdom: The Brotherhood of Cowl
Current Ruler: Ulfric the Pious
couldn't edit the map in my phone, its north east of Jeho's location, just north of the Lake. Lake Virid I call it
Spoiler :

Members of the Order: The brotherhood of the Cowl is a sacred religious order, established by pious men and women, the ones who still had faith in our old Gods, the ones who have spent their entire lives among the monasteries, chanting hymns, in unison, reciting lines, praying to the Old Gods, with their hoods drawn over their heads. The only objective of the Brotherhood of the Cowl is the preserve the sanctity of the old faith, their holy sites and to rid the world of the heresy that spreads like wildfire.
The Brotherhood selects its leaders by voting from among its members, once their present leader has passed on to the heavens. Membership to the brotherhood comes as a reward for working for the “cause”. A unanimous acceptance is often needed from the present members so that a new one can be accommodated.
The land of the brotherhood is roughly shared by several smaller factions, all working towards the common cause of the Old Religion.
 The Order of the Torch: A monastic order, currently headed by Ulfric the Pious, who also happens to the present leader of the Brotherhood of the Cowl, from their current base in Gurnsteed. The Order of the Torch strives to spread the religion to the lands far and near. Those that accept the true faith are welcome with open arms. Those that refuse are introduced to the Silver Hammers.
 SilverHammers: A group of Knights, repenting the lives that they have taken in various battles, all in the name of vain causes of the greed of petty kings, formed the SilverHammers, seeking spiritual guidance out of the strife that tears asunder the soul of these men. The Silver Hammers are currently lead by Grand Master Magnus Vorel. The men of Silver Hammers derive their name from the Maces they wield in the battlegrounds. Their capital city is called Fidur.
 The Sons of Malcador: The Sons of Malcador, named after their founding father, Sire Malcador the Red, happens to be the newest group to join in the order of the brotherhood. The citadel of the Malcii, the Xa’nth, happens to be one of the greatest repositories of knowledge about the arcane. Their decades of research into this have enabled the Malcii to have a look into the world beyond. The Sons of Malcador are currently lead by Efgard the FellHanded. Its whispered in certain circles, that the Malcii, often offers, sacrifices of men and animals alike, to appease the Gods.

Kingdom Biography: At a time when heretic faiths were spreading like wildfire, the brotherhood of the cowl was established to control the rot. A great king, Elder Brother Deargwin the Zealous, established the order so that we could look into the more divine happenings of the realm, understand how to earn the Gods' favor and how to share the powers that are beyond the reach of perry mortals.

Religion: The Brotherhood follows the ancient sayings of the Old Gods. The ones that created heaven and earth, the ones that gave life to all things around us.

Ethnicity: The populace is roughly similar, with fair skin and blueish eyes. The Malcii however, are noted for their huge statures and their red hair and beard.

Religion: The Brotherhood follows the ancient sayings of the Old Gods. The ones that created heaven and earth, the ones that gave life to all things around us.

Bonefang here is referring to the Old Religion. We've had a discussion about him utilising it and you can see the connection by his reference to the King Deargwin (the current King of the Artheni is Deargwin II). Basically he's running a religious order which follows the old religion and seems to want to suppress the new religions which depart from the way of the ancestors. (The old religion is pretty organic and general, his brotherhoods idiosyncrasies [like having monasteries presumably dedicated to the heavenly gods and a militant order for example ;) ] over where he's playing are acceptable within the very broad confines I laid out :p)

Sorry, I was unable to work on my writing over the weekend due to limited or no internet access. Will attempt to finish my write up in the next couple of days.

It is recommended that at the least signups have every section filled out with the basics by Thursday, so that they can be fully included in the game.

Here's a map with some geographic labels.

Please feel free to suggest more names for things:

Spoiler big :

Would like to suggest Mountains of Life for the mountain range to the west of the Sorrow River, and Sightblinder's Woods for the forest to the east of the Sorrow River.

I would say the mountains from which the Ghildanon River flows, shall be the Arthenfells

The lake to the south of the Artheni lands should be Loch Dhearg (Lake Dhearg)

The forest just below the Hellas Mountain label is the Rallusian Kingswood.

Top Bottom