NESFed: Aurora

January 1, 6548 0:05:00

We advance 5 minutes and Rechkemmer Shipping Corporation is incorporated. This is a NPC civilian shipping company that will move what it wants between colonies based on supply and demand. We can influence it by setting our own demands or supplies up in different colonies. RSC began with a wealth of 2000 and a share price of 2.00.

February 1, 6548 0:00:00

I continue another month. A general crisis occurred as missile silos don’t have life support, but need life support to be manned. Additionally, men chose to man the silos, so there were a number of deaths. I don’t know what to say. I guess at least the soldiers are dedicated.

Lord Herobrine finished research on the Crash Industries engine. However, after trying to design a class of ship around the engine, it became apparent that the speed would never be high enough.

Spaceships tend to move in a straight line from origin to destination. Unfortunately, I’ve had cases where the planet moved before the spaceship arrived, and the spaceship would perpetually chase a planet. I may test this again just incase things have been changed in the game, but it will have to wait as my only shipyard is being expanded.

Lord Herobrine is assigned the task of figuring out how to expand the economy. With limited resources and being out of his field, he promises to have it figured out in 30 years. We laugh a little as he walks away knowing that it is mostly to keep his mind healthy (increase ranks and such) while we wait on Immaculate to make the big discovery.

March 1, 6548 0:00:00

After another month, we gained a new naval officer. Governor Everblack increase his administrative rating to 6 while Lord Herobrine increased his rating to 3.

October 17, 6549 0:00:00

Only 16 days behind the original schedule, Immaculate cracks the secret of Trans-Newtonian Technology. This is great news as we can really begin researching the stuff that ramps up our economy, mining, and shipbuilding.

Immaculate is reassigned the task Lord Herobrine was working on, and being within her area of expertise, promises to figure out how to expand the economy 10x sooner than Lord Herobrine could.

Lord Herobrine is given 2 labs to research Pressurised Water Reactors, which will lead to improved engine technology.

SouthernKing and the other scientist are given a lab each and a project to work on to help keep them active. Within the game, a working scientist will improve their stats over time and anything they research will carry over if I give the goal to a new scientist.

Over the past year and 10 months, we gained 3 new ground force officers, 3 new naval officers, and 1 new civil administrator.

Lord Herobrine has increased his administrative level up to 4, which increases the total number of labs he can manage.

Immaculate increased his admin level up to 3.

Everblack clearly made some connections in the shipbuilding industry and gained some clout. His bonus to ship building rose to 5%.

New People!

Earl Von Igglestein, the highest ranking naval officer in NESFed. She suffered some medical problems early last year, but is still active.

Count Luckymoose is one of two high-ranking naval officers. He will be very useful once we start flying training maneuvers.

Count TheMeanestGuest is on equal footing with Luckymoose, and while a master at fighter ops...not that we have any...his diplomacy skills may find him on a diplomacy team talking to aliens.

SouthernKing is one of our four lead scientists. He is a master at administering many labs, but only if we had enough for him.

Baron Amesjay is a naval officer with a few problems. Hopefully, he has his issues under control and, when it counts, won't become the cause of damage to NESFed.

Baron Golden1Knight doesn't see the best in the world, but he has many skills that could find him in many possible locations in the future.

Baron Hound, one of 3 highest ranking ground officers, is a bit paranoid. There are no aliens to worry about for now, but he could end up a little trigger happy on a first encounter. Luckily, if he's encountering aliens on the ground, we will most likely expect him to be trigger happy.

---

@All:
I decided when adding names, unless something is specified about the desired character, I will just go down the list, starting with the highest rank.

Also, when talking about you, I will use the pronoun appropriate for the character that bears your name. For now, the only females are scientist Immaculate and naval officer Earl Von Igglestein.

@Shadowbound:
Did you want an officer now and hopefully that person ends up being the first interstellar officer? I am letting the game assign positions for now, because otherwise I miss some of the bonuses use. However, that means, whatever ship ends up making the first jump might have someone else as officer already.

And it sounds vaguely like you've played before. If so, have any suggestions about the no life support missile silos?

@Golden1Knight:
There is a greater chance of having your name mentioned as a naval officer than as a ground officer so I gave you navy. I can change this if you want. And since you changed after other had asked for navy, I placed you in order behind them.

@Anyone:
My current unnamed people are:
1 Scientist
1 Civil Admin
19 Ground
28 Navy

The pessimistic nature of my character may be interesting in the future. But what is the function of the remaining Civil Admin?

Oooh, can I be the last scientist?

Sign me up as a Naval Officer! Matthieu Steele.

Oooh, can I be the last scientist?

Will do.

The pessimistic nature of my character may be interesting in the future. But what is the function of the remaining Civil Admin?

Currently nothing. Might end up being governor of another planet once we colonize. I don't remember his bonuses off the top of my head (not on my laptop at the moment), but the other option is he joins a geology team if he has any beneficial bonuses.

I'm trigger happy... HOW DID YOU KNOW? :D This guy actually somewhat fits me so far, Trigger happy, reliable, etc. But Paranoid? Hmm, maybe against alien races that have weapons pointing at me on a first encounter.

The Political Reliability Bonus actually only provides a bonus to the officer getting promotions. Basically, you know how to pull the right strings with those in charge.

Might I claim the last Civil Administrator?

Will do.

And it sounds vaguely like you've played before. If so, have any suggestions about the no life support missile silos?

I've never seen this bug. However, you will never use the missile silos: their only effective purpose is to hold onto naval officers so the game doesn't automatically delete them during the early years. They're not worth refitting to add in life support.

Give me a naval officer with the highest crew training bonus.

Matthieu Steele a wealthy officer.

Out last to be named scientist pole475 who is trying to improve the civilian construction rate. He tells us it should be figured out in a decade.

Blaze Injun another Baron in the navy. Somewhat authoritarian.

Ophorian a civil administrator also with a bit of an authoritarian streak.

Friendly Shadowbound, a Baron in the navy.

Sweet, I'm a terraforming pro! If only I were a ground officer. :lol:

Well, later on, there are ship-based terraforming modules.

Begun converting our conventional industries into more specialized functions based off the Trans-Newtonian Tech.

February 7th, 6551 0:00:00
A new civil administrator graduated from Earth University. She showed great potential in improving our factory production. So she replaced Everblack as Governor of Earth.

July 7th, 6551 0:00:00
Lord Herobrine figured out Pressurised Water Reactors. He immediately sets to work on new engine tech based on the reactor.

July 7th, 6553 0:00:00
Immaculate determines the best method by which to expand the economy and it is immediately implemented. Immaculate and pole475 have a discussion, and Immaculate takes over the project to increase factory production while pole475 begins looking into improving research methods and practices.

March 7th, 6554 0:00:00
So today, we realized the importance of making the whole mess of you officers do more than wine and dine your superiors that are in charge of promotions.
As many officers have yet to do much more than wait on their paycheck, it was decided to relieve most of them of their non-duty. The following is a list of affected officers:

Baron Blaze Injun
Baron Golden1Knight
Baron Mattieu Steele
Count TheMeanestGuest
Count Amesjay
Earl Von Igglestein
Baron Hound
an additional 19 officers, names not provided.

OOC: Like I said, I’ve not played this a bunch, and even though Shadowbound mentioned it, I didn’t realize these guys would just be dropped. I am reassigning new people in order of ranking. So for navy that will be: Von Igglestein, Amesjay, TheMeanestGuest, Mattieu Steele, Golden1Knight, Blaze Injun. For ground: Hound.

Everblack - mining up to 15%, Removed from office and replaced by a new admin that can speed our factory production up.

pole475
- Admin rating up to 7, Political Reliability up to 15%
Immaculate - Admin up to 4, research up to 35%
Lord Herobrine - Admin up to 5, Political Reliability up to 5%
SouthernKing - Admin up to 6, Research up to 20%

New officers that graduated during the time period.
navy - 20
ground - 8
civil - 4
science - 3

Top Bottom