Glory of the SPRRR (Senate and People of the Real-senate Republic of Rome)(RFC RAND)

And no you cant. Carthage gave us help beause it was lopsided in your favor. It was teh foriegn legions feature of the armed revolution. You dont get anything.

couldn't understand what you just said.:rolleyes:

EDIT : what do barbarian (civ-destroyers) chariots have to do with our internal problems? i think they shall remain barbs.

How can you not understand that? In order:

1. Our forces were severely outnumbered by the govrenment.

2. As the 'foriegn Legions' feature of the armed revolution concept, carthage offered help in a deal to make the battle evener.

3. I accepted.

Good enough? Read the rules on the front page if you dont understand.

but may i ask something? if the government wins we will for sure go into war with Carthage because of this? and if the rebels win they will have to give up something to Carthage?
The reason why I decided to send reinforcements from Carthage is he is annoyed towards us, so is supporting the rebellion.

The barb chariots have no intention on siding with either side, there only goal is to take the city of Athens from Rome. However there are 3 spear man on the plot to the west of them so the chariots are pretty much useless.

The government has 7 preats
The rebels have 2 preats
The foreign units might balance it out. But despite them, I still give the edge to the Government.

Iron working and gifting the city of Babylon to them (We have to take the city first)

The reason why I decided to send reinforcements from Carthage is he is annoyed towards us, so is supporting the rebellion.

The barb chariots have no intention on siding with either side, there only goal is to take the city of Athens from Rome. However there are 3 spear man on the plot to the west of them so the chariots are pretty much useless.

The government has 7 preats
The rebels have 2 preats
The foreign units might balance it out. But despite them, I still give the edge to the Government.

oh thanks, now i really got it.
this really made sense.

Duke...you know my uncle brought his dof over today? Well he named his dog duke as well. I think that dog duke may have more intelligence than you. Just a bit more actually.

Ilduce then why would you put them there? They are useless, and they will be easily slaughtered. I see no point in them being there.

Also how will you control our movements? Wont the ai move them instead?

it looks like you can't understand either. from the start i wanted to know WHY Carthage was helping you.

and i think he can always use multiplayer?

Also how will you control our movements? Wont the ai move them instead?
We will be playing in hotseat. I spent the last half hour trying to find a mod that allowed wb in hotseat. As no such mod exists I will have to change some of the rules, as I won't be able to use the world builder function in the game. Unless anyone knows a way to do so.

Warn Carthage that sending any aide to an illegal secessionist force is a declaration of war upon the government. Stand down or be destroyed.
Carthage laughs at your threats. Hannibal is convinced that the rebels will win because of his aid.

I’ve got an idea. (Idea in spoiler.)

Spoiler :
If people in the future don’t PM you in time for a revolution then make their units the draft able unit of the era (you can check by hovering over the draft button, I think the draft able units are Pretorians/Macemen/Musketmen/Riflemen/Infantry/Marines/MechInf) with four Combat Promotions.

the problem with that is i don't know what allegiance they are. The current draft is spear man

Spoiler :
I didn’t think of that. Ignoring them is probably better then.
I have no idea why it would be a spear draft. :confused: That’s weird

Ok, I figured out how to edit the health of units via world builder. So whats going to happen is I will play 10 turns on the game, then go back to the single player files, update the map so it looks the same as the multi-player, add 1 preat to every city, then continue playing. As this is a huge pain, Conscriptions now happen every 10 turns rather then 4. As Omega has taken to long to pm me orders, Arya, you are allowed to give orders for him. This is unless Omega pm's me sometime 2morrow morning.

any questions?

What draft does is the cheapest meele/gunpowder unit of the age. It goes
Warrior-Spear-Pike-Musket-Rifle-Infantry

In an War Academy Article
Warrior/Quechua: 1 population "You know how to use a club?" "I play paintclub on the weekends" "Good enough you're in"
Axeman/Phalanx/Vulture/Dog Soldier: 1 population
Maceman/Samurai/Berserker: 1 population
Musketman/Musketeer/Janissary/Oromo Warrior: 1 population
Rifleman/Redcoat: 1 population
Infantry: 2 population
Mechanized Infantry: 3 population

Spoiler :
(The said article can be found here BTW)

Is this thing different in RFC? Or is it just that this article is out of date?

The Rise of the Republic of Rome
It was 820BC, King Korinth stood at the center of the phalanx, he was about to add a major territory to his empire. The Italics, they called themselves. These barbarians couldn’t do anything. The barbarian praetorians charged, being heavily outnumbered they had little chance. They were facing the armies of the Greek League, the recently united city states now were a considerable power in the world, and the defiantly the power of middle east, at least for now. The Babylonian civil war helped Greece claim their spot as rightful power of the known world.
A barbarian connected with his spear, and he drew out his sword. Couldn’t these low life’s see that they had no chance of winning.
‘CHARGE!!!!’ He ordered his men as they rushed down hill to finish off the remaining defenders. Italia was his. The remaining enemy forces surrendered, they had fought bravely, but with nearly 1 in 3 dead, they all knew they had little chance of victory. The amount of comrades on the floor confirmed it. He had just added about 900 slaves to his palace back in Athenia. After the victory they reached the navel city of Trusca, the second largest city in Italia, and one of the only two worthy of becoming Greek. The city, now undefended, lay beneath his feat, and he had just added another territory to the Greek League. He smiled. Rename the city, Korinthos after the general who turned this barbaric city into a city worthy of the Greeks. The Italics had fought well to defend it, and he had suffered more casualties than anticipated. It was a beautiful city, worthy of carrying his name, Situated on the northern most point of Mediterranean it was the only point that made the sea look like an ocean, and it was nice. He dreamed of finding boats one day large enough to travel one, but that was impossible, the wind was to strong and waves to big, but dreams were dreams. There were rumours that his son had successfully taken the city of Roma, the other major city in Italia. He would travel north to confirm that. Regardless Italia had more than half their remaining forces situated outside Trusca, and with the city taken, it was only a matter of time that the rest of Italia would become Greek. He decided to name the territory area 7(Code Geass reference) after all, this was the 7th area conquered by the Greeks, 4 of them minor city states, but that was beside the point.

It had been 15 years ago that Italia surrendered to the Greek League in war. The city was in ruined, the nearby mines had collapsed from overworking, and all the miners died. They were all subjected to slavery in the Greek League and already 2 rebellions had been put down. More Phalanxes were sent from Athenia in order to prevent a third. The Italics 7s, hated their rulers, but couldn’t afford to fight them, to many lives had been lost, and King Sevvi was getting impatient, if his father hadn’t been buried in that city, he would have burnt it years ago. The people of Italia new this and some figured it was only a matter of time. However, he had recently found more reason to keep the city, the sugar reserves found on the east side of the city and found to be in high demand in Athenia, they could not financially afford to keep the burn the city. So he would just have to add more troops there. However time was running out, if the Carthaginians ever found out, war would be declared, and the Italics would be sure to rebel. He was being forced into a difficult situation, and couldn’t figure out what to do. Sending more soldiers north would invite a Carthaginian invasion force, but not sending any more would invite a rebellion. He orders an increase in spies going towards Carthage, if he could catch the Carthaginian spies, he wouldn’t have to worry about it.
9 Years had past and relations between Carthage and Greece tensed, once visiting the border he was frightened to see Numidian cavalry on the border, could war be near. The main reason for the panic was the sheer size of the army. Going back into his tent he asked one of his generals, “how big do you reckon that army is?”
“2000ish” the general replied, it was only an estimate, but was an accurate one.
Both of them new this was bad news, there were 400 Greek soldiers between this point and Athenia, If word got out, it would be over the Greeks would be slaughtered.
The room was silent, the generals worried that this would mark the fall of Greece.
Suddenly a messenger came in ‘The gods finally answered our prayers, 16 Carthage spies have been caught, right before they could send information to Carthage” the generals and king cheered. War had been avoided, and the spies were replaced with Greeks fluent in Phoenician, the language spoken by Carthage. They had successfully infiltrated Carthage, and Greece could afford to send more soldiers north.

Ilduce, former prince of Greece, was starting the preparations for war. The Huns had recently invaded Italia, and he decided they should rebel while Greece is fighting the off Huns. The rebellion would take place in Roma, as the Huns have placed Korinthos under siege. Go back to the good old days; the iron mine to the east was once again being reused, the Greeks didn’t have the technology used to mine iron, and yet the Italics are considered barbaric.
A year passed, and it was time, the Greeks were in final stages of pushing back the Huns, so now would be time for war. 9600 praetorians had been armed, and the Greeks, suffering heavy looses to the Huns probably had around 90000 soldiers. This was the best they could do.
Spoiler :

Italia and Greece on the verge of the Italic Revolution

Using superior tactics Ilduce proved his worth, he managed to win battle after battle, no matter the numbers he fought. He had been trained by the best military strategists in Greece, so knew everything about Greek tactics. He used this to his advantaged, and easily crushed the Greeks.
Spoiler :

Liberation of Trusca
Spoiler :

Reconstruction of Arretium, Siege of Hattatus (bottom corner, sorry I meant to completely show the city)

It was now time for the battle of Athens, once again the Greeks toppled, only 8000 soldiers left, this would be the first time Ilduce comfortably outnumbered the Greeks. The Italic forces were recently repelled here, as he wasn’t able to participate in the battle. But this time he was here, and he would win. Better soldiers, better tactics, more men. Only the gods could take victory from him. Despite the easy victory Ilduce suffered a fatal wound in the battle, one of the 24 Italics who would die as a result of this battle. Heavily wounded he would speak to his people one last time. "Ego hic ostendo sum nostrum libertas ex Cupiditas , tamen don't take is volo resurrection of vestri cado populus , nos mos non averto manuum of vicis , novus Italia nos vado in texo , vadum exsisto unus prolixus satis ut recipero totus populus histories , quod ideologies. Qua validus vadum non corrigia super pallens , quod is vadum exsisto accersitus Populus Res publica quod Orchestra of Rome."
“I hereby declare our independence from Greece, but don't take this to mean the resurrection of your fallen nation, we will not turn back the hands of time, the new Italia we go on to build, shall be one broad enough to accept all peoples and histories. Where the strong shall not rein over the weak, and it shall be called The People Republic and Senate of Rome.”
After stating Romes Independence, he suggested making the country a Republic, so that no man would ever have enough power to be the dictators, Pericles, Midas, and Korinth once were.
Spoiler :

The Size of Rome and her territories when the Republic was founded.

Why did you name this 'story' with that super long garble of words and abbreviations that don't make sense, when you could just have this dull title you put on this. It is boring but at least it makes sense if we don't fall asleep reading it.

Yeah, sorry I didn't get orders in, I was out for a play for pretty much the entire evening.

do you want to send orders now?

Why did you name this 'story' with that super long garble of words and abbreviations that don't make sense, when you could just have this dull title you put on this. It is boring but at least it makes sense if we don't fall asleep reading it.
I no, I am a terrible writer. The reason I did that was so people could not tell that this is a mod of realpolitik, and not just a civ 4 story

Top Bottom