Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Sarevok,

Agree! However non-West-Civ scenarios are hard
to get relevant interest for.

Rocoteh

i'm sorry it took me so long to post, but this is a very good scenario, certainly not Rise of Wei, your undoubtly best in the series of 3K series. I played as Shu (as usual) and watched Jin slowly consume Wei, Jin and Shu are the easiest, while Wei gets to hold off EVERYBODY, giving difficulty for all lvls of skill. I really do like this, but why doesn't Nanzhong have any troops guarding it?

Shu was pressed to deal with Jin, so no troops were placed there to show that fact.

Im glad that you like it, and I agree that TROW is the best of the bunch of these scenarios.

Why is The Rise of Wei so good anyways?

Originally posted by Sarevok
Shu was pressed to deal with Jin, so no troops were placed there to show that fact.

Im glad that you like it, and I agree that TROW is the best of the bunch of these scenarios.

Sarevok,

I think the reason is the multi-player aspect, since
it does increase the play-value of the scenario.

I played the KOEI-versions of TKK many years ago and due to that TKK is a multi-player scenario for me.

Rocoteh

Sarevok,
Have downloaded and played TKK, not to completion though. While I think it is a GOOD scenario, it just isn't to my taste. I think the overall package is great, the detail, the history of it. Just not my particular interest. I'm not one of those I know everything about history (self)professors, so I can't say anything about the historical accuracy. You have indeed done a wonderful job though. It's people like you that have kept me playing civ for as long as I have. Good job, and keep up the good work. Unless there already is one that I haven't found, maybe you would consider a Scottish uprising scenario!?

Sarevok,

The Three Kingdoms and The Rise of Wei are tremendous, and easily deserved an incredible vote.

I am currently playing Rise of Wei as Liu Bei, and it is just chaotic right now! I vanquished Yuan Shu within two years, while Cao Cao is battling every nation on the map (successfully). Perhaps you could have made Mi Zhu or Sun Qian as advisors to Liu Bei, as I cannot risk the sworn brothers in every campaign. Zhang Fei was down to 1 hit point after fighting off 20 swordsmen This is an awesome scenario.

I downloaded The Rise of Jin earlier and plan on downloading Zhuge Liang's Northern Campaign and the Allied Coalition. The Rise of Jin has resparked my interest in the chapters of the book following the death of Zhuge Liang, as I first skimmed thru them.

Overall, an addictive, chaotic, awesome scenario!

Originally posted by Mauer
Sarevok,
Have downloaded and played TKK, not to completion though. While I think it is a GOOD scenario, it just isn't to my taste. I think the overall package is great, the detail, the history of it. Just not my particular interest. I'm not one of those I know everything about history (self)professors, so I can't say anything about the historical accuracy. You have indeed done a wonderful job though. It's people like you that have kept me playing civ for as long as I have. Good job, and keep up the good work. Unless there already is one that I haven't found, maybe you would consider a Scottish uprising scenario!?

Im glad that you think that the scenario is good. I actually do have a scenario (3 to be exact) in planning to be released at roughly the same time. The discussion is in "The Old Empires" thread. Considering the scotish uprising... do you mean William Wallace?

Originally posted by insane Zane
Sarevok,

The Three Kingdoms and The Rise of Wei are tremendous, and easily deserved an incredible vote.

I am currently playing Rise of Wei as Liu Bei, and it is just chaotic right now! I vanquished Yuan Shu within two years, while Cao Cao is battling every nation on the map (successfully). Perhaps you could have made Mi Zhu or Sun Qian as advisors to Liu Bei, as I cannot risk the sworn brothers in every campaign. Zhang Fei was down to 1 hit point after fighting off 20 swordsmen This is an awesome scenario.

I downloaded The Rise of Jin earlier and plan on downloading Zhuge Liang's Northern Campaign and the Allied Coalition. The Rise of Jin has resparked my interest in the chapters of the book following the death of Zhuge Liang, as I first skimmed thru them.

Overall, an addictive, chaotic, awesome scenario!

I am glad that you have enjoyed this scenario and it appears that you had and still have quite a fight on your hands. I hope you can pull through in it! Do you have any suggestions for the planned scenarios I have?

to answer your question, I just damned love it, from Wei and Yuan Shao (easy) Wu (middle) and to Lu Bu and Liu Bei (hard) multiplayer on this can be challenging, never tried but i may... and ahhh hell it just is, that feeling of chaos no?

sadly It is the only one of its kind. There was no other time in the three kingdoms age with so many other factions.

OK I see.
Any plans on requesting custom units for these scenarios?

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

Someone else may know.

I think Kinboat have made some Chinese units.

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

OK I see.

To bad, since custom units seems to be a prerequisite
if you want a scenario to be really popular.

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

That is right. However TOE was launched a year ago soon.
I think custom units are important for new scenarios.

Anyway TKK is very good as it is.

Rocoteh

I still think it can have major improvements. I will have some freinds who know the story check it out for things I can do to fix it. I will eventually make a TROW (since its the most popular) with VERY specific units, some even specific individual officers.

Top Bottom