The 3 Mod Achievements

ChapterIX

Chieftain
Hi,

I don't see how I can unlock these mods. I've rated and downloaded a mod but for some reason Steam/CIV5 won't give me the achievements,

Anyone else managed to do this?

The download a mod. Not any form of download will work; instead you have to start Civ V, go to the mods section. Then from there find a mod to download and select download.

(You don't get the achievement for going to Civfanatics mod folder)

Rate a mod: From the same location, click the "like" button.

Play a mod: After installing the mod, from the mods section "activate" it to select it and start a game with it; you'll have that achievement when it finishes creating the world. (You don't even need to hit end turn)

It just doesnt seem to want to credit me for the download and rating. It seemed to credit me for playing the mod but it did that without me noticing.. Really odd..

Are these 3 new with the latest patch?

No way.. I wish I did them sooner. I'm wanting to nail as many older achievments before the new expansion gets released. If the won't work with the Steam Workshop is there another way? I followed joncnunn's advice and it didn't work.. Although tbh I did that originally thinking they would be straight forward enough.:confused:

Sorry to resurrect this thread.

I've been trying to get all possible achievements legitimately.

It took me awhile to figure out how to do it, but I managed to get the "Download a Mod" and "Play a Mod" achievements....I think that the mod has to be more than just a new map.

However, I'm having difficulty getting the whole "Rate a Mod" achievement. I thought just clicking on the "Rate" button in the Steam Workshop would unlock the achievement.

Has anyone been able to get this achievement recently?

Top Bottom