Not-So-Useful leaders, city states, special abilities, traits (and so on)

Kark

Mad berserker
There once was a Civ IV-thread called Not-So-Useful units, buildings, GPs and wonders. The first sentence of the first post was: In the real world, not everything created by man was successful.

The first item is inspired by a new Norwegian hit movie:

Not-So-Useful Unique Unit: Kon Tiki
Type: Naval. Technology: Sailing.
Moves: 1/2 :c5moves:. Strength: 0 :c5strength:. Ranged strength: 0 :c5rangedstrength:.
Required resource: Balsa wood.
One single raft may only be used once to travel along an ocean current, then it's destroyed.
Only the Norwegians can build it (but there’s no balsa trees growing in Norway).

Not-So-Useful City State: Atlantis
Trait: Maritime
Personality: Wet
Resources: Fish, Whales, Pearls, Crab
Can only be discovered by a submarine.
Inhabitable until discovery of Future Tech 3.

Not-So-Useful Prophet: Muammar Gaddafi
In fact, for many years Gaddafi supported the American cult The Children of God (now The Family International), which held him as a prophet.

wow I would love to see a special city state like Atlantis. Being allies with Atlantis give you more science?

Not-So-Useful Wonder:
Noah's Ark: buildable when reach Theology. +1:c5faith: for every Cattle, Deer, Sheep, Horse, Furs, and Ivory in the empire but cause most land tiles to be sea tiles.

wow I would love to see a special city state like Atlantis. Being allies with Atlantis give you more science?

Not-So-Useful Wonder:
Noah's Ark: buildable when reach Theology. +1:c5faith: for every Cattle, Deer, Sheep, Horse, Furs, and Ivory in the empire but cause most land tiles to be sea tiles.

:lol:

This thread is either pure genius or absolutely insane. i haven't decided which one yet.

another not-so-useful vicotry condition:

Collapse
After domination, deplete all the natural resources and poison the rivers killing all life on earth.

Not-so-useful Wonder -

Reddit:
-1 production for every 5 population in City. In every city in empire.

Not-So-Useful unit:

Tsar Tank (Unique Russian Landship)
Str - 65 :c5strength:
Cost - 1.050 :c5production: / 3.090 :c5gold:
Mov - 4 :c5moves:
Artillery gains +200% strength against this unit.

Not-so-useful GP replacement:

Great Pope, replaces Great Prophet.
Destroys all science buildings in a city and kills Great Scientists with attrition as soon as they spawn.

Not-So-Useful Unique Unit: Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3 Missile
Only the North Koreans can build it.
Cost: Lots and lots of food :c5food:.
Range: 0
Movement: 2 :c5moves:
Ranged strength: 0 :c5rangedstrength:
Every city in North Korea celebrates We Love The Eternal President Day for 90 seconds after launch.

I remember in Civilization Revolution, Atlantis was an ancient ruin that gave you two free tech, and was only found in deep ocean.

Not-so-useful National Wonder:

Guillotine: Beheads every great person after the spawn since in reality they are acting against your civilization instead of helping it.

Top Bottom