Do you bothe to continue playing after you become a run away civ?

I find myself quitting a game when the game become boring from just moving around units and waiting for the victory to come. Right now I'm trying to find a good difficulty to play on.

I usually always finish games I am winning. I like to see how fast I can accelerate the unavoidable ending. Plus I like getting all the completely useless achievements for winning with each civ (though I've been done with that for a while). I guess though, I am not running away with as many games any longer on immortal yet.

I don't stop playing when the game just becomes a bunch of tedious clicking without any risk of losing, because I want my 1000 Temples achievement, but I refuse to save scum to do it. :p

No, especially since I play marathon 90% of the time. This game is only fun when it's a challenge. Sometimes I get those games where every player is super efficient and aggressive, while other times I get those games where the AI just sort of sits their and stays stagnant, usually with one extra runaway civ (Usually mongols or germany), of whom I can easily destroy in war.

Yesterday I finished my first immortal game , first time playing as Babylon too . I managed to carry through the end although I was a runaway from medieval age , marathon speed . I admit I was tempted to quit at least on 3-4 occasions though.

I usually don't quit. But after it's clear that I could reasonably take on the entire world simultaneously because i've out-teched and produced them I usually just turtle and make a beeline for the fastest VC I can get do. Typically Science or Culture.

I hate the mop up process as well. When i'm rolling in with Calvary or Tanks against some poor Pikeman it sorta takes the fun out of the situation. This is also one of the reason's I rarely play on maps bigger than standard so my need to send far-flung armies to root out persistent Civ's becomes only occasional rather than typical.

Top Bottom