Citizen Management issue...

Zaphodzzplural

Chieftain
So, I finally got round to upgrading to Brave New World yesterday (Loving it so far), but I've come across something I don't quite understand.

The City Management focus's don't seem to be working. Depending on where I am in the game, I'll use the various Focus buttons to change the development of a city. I might flick it to Production if I want to hurry along a particular building or stick it on Food if I want to boost growth. I rarely micro manage the individual squares, the overall focus usually being good enough.

However, since I've upgraded it only seems to half work. For example, I have a city right now that insists on using a particular coastal spot that only produces one food. Right next to it, I have farmland that produces 3 food but the city AI refuses to use it. I have to manually "Lock" it. No amount of flicking between Production and Food will use that farm square or un-use the coastal square.

I just went through all 9 cities in my current game manually setting the citizens and saw a pretty decent improvement.

Having checked through the Civilopedia, it doesn't seem to mention any kind of change to the way the Focus buttons should work. I'm also not using any mods, just in case you wondered... :)

Anyone else seen this ?

Are your cities overlapping? There's a minor bug I've experienced with overlapped tiles with regards to assigning your citizens. Try swapping tiles between the overlapping cities to clear out the bug.

A slight update...

That city I mentioned... the one that insisted in using the most least productive tile in it's range leading me to manually lock in all workers. It just grew by the usual +1 population and straight away allocated the new worker to that unproductive tile.

I swear my governers used to a tad brighter.

Nuuuupe, no overlapping going on. I've gone for a very spread out City design this time round.

Nice idea though.

Try going back to General Focus, uncheck manually assigning citizens and reset tiles?

Top Bottom