Most annoying AI(s)

vesp3r1987

Warlord
I know there has been many threads about that but they are too old to be revived. So here is me starting a new one

So heres my list:
1. Alexander - hell of a pain in the a**, always drooling over my territory, 1 turn he ask me for joint war - the next turn he is making announcements that i sux. Always trying to steal my ally CS and is always in good terms with the rest civs so when i attack him i get diplo hit with everyone
2. Theodora... turn 20 discovered, turn 21- ask me for all my money w/o offering anything, turn 30 denouncing me for attacking her enemy
3. Paccal - sends large army more than 20 tiles away from his empire to take CS that is positioned 5 tiles away from my capitol
4. Ghandi - spawning prophets as they are free sending them all over my empire to convert
5. Gajah Mada - taking over 3 towns of common enemy - denouncing me for taking 1 of the other towns of same common enemy

Alex - Probably not annoying because he shows his hand early, still top 3 psychos

Poca - a sinister jerk. See that lux in the 3rd ring you're gonna get in a few turns, nope, he plopped his squid city and just flat out took all good tiles around it

Dido - psycho no1 in the game.

Askia - psycho no2 in the game, declares useless wars completely unprovoked, never cooperates with anything

Haile - sure guy, I'm gonna send my million prophets elsewhere. NOT! Eat my crap religion you can't possibly benefit from. EAT IT

I really, really hate it when Venive buys up a ton of city states. Enrico seems to be in every game I start lately, and it drives me juts watching the CS disappear.I don't think he has much impact over whether I win or lose- actually it doesn't seem to be hard to knock over Venice and grab the wonders he's likely to have built- but he sure is annoying.

Oh ye i forgot to mention about Paccal - i station my army at his border and suddenly his borders start expanding every turn pushing away my trebuchetes ><

Shaka - Hasn't seen my lands, but he wants them, leading to an unwillingness to trade luxes straight up.

Atilla - Denunciation is Hunnic for howdy. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for one ruin making it viable.

Theodora - "Nice holy city you've got there! Let me convert it before you have a chance to purchase anything with faith. Have fun spending the first half of the game erasing this one move, putting all your buildings and therefore culture/happiness WAY far behind."

Temujin - "Backstab is such an ugly word. Let's call it a renegotiation."

Montezuma - He literally goes from friendly to afraid to hostile from one turn to the next. Absolute schizo.

Shaka and Alexander are the top two for me.

They both always seem to denounce me a few turns after we meet.

And if you get into an early war with Shaka you better wipe him out. If not, he will continue to wage war against you for the rest of the game, especially if you are close neighbors.

What about Ramkhamhaeng 'passive-agressive douchbag' ?

It doesen't matter if he is on the other side of the world, he HAS to forward settle your capital, and you also get a negative diplo modifier because he surely could use the lands you currently own to settle his 15th or so crappy city.

One of the most annoying AI, definitely. Marbozir agrees :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdqF6vrasiI

Ramhamtrollface - is a troll in my games as well

Napoleon - honestly this guy is probably the biggest psycho always declares war and then expands towards you and thinks you're getting to close to him

Elizabeth - She's a <snip>

Moderator Action: Please do not try to defeat the auto censor.
Swear word removed.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Poca- Mass comanches could be annoying.

Enri - my allies could get bought all of a sudden and disappear

Kameh - sudden maoris outta nowhere.

Theodora - "Nice holy city you've got there! Let me convert it before you have a chance to purchase anything with faith. Have fun spending the first half of the game erasing this one move, putting all your buildings and therefore culture/happiness WAY far behind."

I had a game where Theo made a Pantheon and then literally every religion slot was taken up the twenty turns following. :rolleyes:

I too have observed Rammy being a huge troll and forward-settling right beside my capital even though it's on the other side of the continent from his. He's always very possessive of his city-states.

Elizabeth is always stand-offish and awful, she never wants to trade her excess resources and on the rare occasion when she does she always demands more than she's getting in return. Total harpy (though totally appropriate for England).

Dido, that semi-legendary queen of the schizos. Seriously, what's her problem?

It's hard to condemn Shaka and Monty for being aggressive - that's their whole thing. If you start next to them you know you're going to war, so just accept it.

Ramesses is always annoying for spamming wonders.

But by far the biggest troll among the AIs is, you guessed it, Alex: an unfailingly belligerent city-spammer who considers the entire world his natural expand, aggressively buys city-states (and keeps them due to his UA), and is not shy about declaring war. This seems somehow appropriate - Alexander did conquer a good chunk of the world after all.

Wu Zetian - chu ko nu spammer, very OP for middle era and could be annoying.

Elizabeth - range lonwbow become annoying. England is easy OP with those annoying range promoted longbows.

Rameses - Wonder spammer, chariot rusher. If next to him early, make sure to be ready to protect against mobile early strong archers.

Wu Zetian is a royal pain. Highly deceptive, and even though we're rarely next door neighbors, she's always screwing with my friends come the Renaissance when she can spam her CKNs. That and if I'm in the lead, she loves to propose banning a single-copy luxury I have. She just seems to spite me.

Catherine, Elizabeth, Dido and Theodora. All of them are freaking insane, and Cathy and Dido are really bad warmongers and backstabbers, although I've had a couple games where Lizzy turned out to be a very good ally. I'll never stop hating Theodora for those two insane backstabs she pulled on me. Catherine is high on my priority list of AIs to cripple ASAP since she'll become a monster during the industrial era if you leave her alone.

Kamehameha, Maria (Austria) and Gandhi all get on my nerves because they're too denounce-happy. Even if they don't denounce me, if I make a DOF with any of them, everyone'll hate me soon enough because they denounce at the drop of a hat.

I actually don't mind the warmongers. Attilla is so easy to read that it's mostly just putting up the proper defenses. Shaka is a bit of a wild card, but I don't hate the guy. He just presses what he has. Genghis is unfortunate since the AI uses his ability to take out CSes and makes him the enemy of everyone. Monty's well, Monty, so no surprises there.

Elizabeth: For God's sake she's annoying as heck. Especially hate when she acts like she superior. I can understand arrogant leaders who achived epic victories like; Augustus, Suleiman, Alexander but Elizabeth? queen of bloody england! who the heck are you?

Alex: He just steal every single CS' and denounce easily.

Ramkh: He backstabs you in every single game.

Maria I: Once she hates you, there is no way to win her back. She keeps hate you for entire game

Venice/Austria: because permanently removes CS' from game.

Isabella has made my games a living hell twice, and once I was involved in a 3000 year defensive war with Spain, started by them conquering two of my four cities on the first couple turns of the war. I got my first Hwach'a about the turn the war began, and I was conquering their cities with that same hwach'a, a four range dual attack rocket artillery (along with some stealth bombers and mechanized infantry for support) by the time the war ended. I believe that Hwach'a was eventually either killed by a spanish stealth bomber or a nuclear missile, I forget which.

She isn't always my enemy, but when she is, she can be really memorable.

Monty could be annoying since he'll usually rage quit on you by sending UP jaguars.

Shaka will make a dow if next to you and before long rush your place with mass impi swarms which could be really. OP if done early enough . If you don't get a dow from him then someone else thag was next to him got a dow from him.

Washington could be annoying sometimes since he could make a dow particularly if youre next to him.

^I don't find warmongers annoying because they have nothing but war. But you're right about Washington, he chooses Autocracy all the time but talks about freedom. Lol. Totally Murican! :D

@reddishrecue: I know what you mean about Shaka and his Impis of Doom. I've had plenty of games like that :(

Top Bottom