EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

Also, if you use bombard to clear out resisting populations and/or inutilise the AI's buildings (I'm not genocidal as Zombies aren't people), and there's nothing else to be destroyed/people to be killed, your automated bombardments will go on all day. Also, if you're trying to take a city with the minimum damage (perhaps because it's been recently captured from you and you want to save the population, or because you really can't spare the ammo) they'll keep on shooting.

no Templeton Peck reference?

You want even more references? Check the leader name lists… and there's also a Mr. T unit for you, suckah.

There's a thread for that somewhere. I think there's the one spot open.

Also, if you use bombard to clear out resisting populations and/or inutilise the AI's buildings (I'm not genocidal as Zombies aren't people), and there's nothing else to be destroyed/people to be killed, your automated bombardments will go on all day. Also, if you're trying to take a city with the minimum damage (perhaps because it's been recently captured from you and you want to save the population, or because you really can't spare the ammo) they'll keep on shooting.

I'm usually careful about my automated bombardment, and only use it on buildings of the Zombies. Usually they are the only ones with 25+ Alpha Zombies to deal with, where if you overshoot a little, it doesn't matter so much. And you usually know when you overshoot a lot.

Turning off bombardment animations also helps a bit for the wait times. :)

Man playing as the Farmers is tough. I tried 3 games at Mature and got destroyed. After about 4 techs the other civs (Authorities, Survivors and Company) are wiped out and the zombies just send everything at you.

Trying now on PG13 level and it seems to be going well. Authorities retook the Hospital right away and held it for a long time. Survivors took Coastguard with Vuldacon right away (that's happened in every game so far I think) and held it for a little while.

I've managed to take a few zombie buildings (and the Dog Pound of course)

Got to day 11 as the survivors before I gave up. 3 turns ago I had just under half the island. Once the Zombies took out the last Farmers and Authority building (Company died off loooong ago), they just came at me on all sides with tons of Omegas and Toxic Colossus's. They were amazingly smart and targeted all my hero units. In the past 3 turns I have lost all but 1 hero unit (Flamin' Hero), and 6 buildings! At least 2 more will go on the next turn... But there will be none as at this point there is no hope of recovery. Also been running at a 260 supply per turn deficit, and have been out of supplies for at least a day....

Next game I am debating to try again as the Survivors, as I know what worked and what didn't last time, or try it out as the Farmers...

As for improvements, I have a few, all minor:
1. Random spelling errors, I didn't take note of them, but nothing horrible.
2. When your Explosives Room explodes, your options and what they do are reversed - in other words when you click on Zoom in it dismisses it, and when you click on Dismiss it it zooms in (I forget your exact wording but you get my point).
3. Long turn times. I don't mind all the aiming and sniping, in fact I love it! It is the sloooowwwww Zombies that are killing me here. They take forever! When I quit the game above, the AI takes an hour to get through all those Zombie motions. I might not have given up if it took a few minutes per turn but an hour...

Anyways, all minor things, nothing major. When the Zombie turns start taking years I will just go do something else and come back, I will just miss whatever damage they've done to me :/

Got to day 11 as the survivors before I gave up. 3 turns ago I had just under half the island. Once the Zombies took out the last Farmers and Authority building (Company died off loooong ago), they just came at me on all sides with tons of Omegas and Toxic Colossus's. They were amazingly smart and targeted all my hero units. In the past 3 turns I have lost all but 1 hero unit (Flamin' Hero), and 6 buildings! At least 2 more will go on the next turn... But there will be none as at this point there is no hope of recovery. Also been running at a 260 supply per turn deficit, and have been out of supplies for at least a day....

Next game I am debating to try again as the Survivors, as I know what worked and what didn't last time, or try it out as the Farmers...

As for improvements, I have a few, all minor:
1. Random spelling errors, I didn't take note of them, but nothing horrible.
2. When your Explosives Room explodes, your options and what they do are reversed - in other words when you click on Zoom in it dismisses it, and when you click on Dismiss it it zooms in (I forget your exact wording but you get my point).
3. Long turn times. I don't mind all the aiming and sniping, in fact I love it! It is the sloooowwwww Zombies that are killing me here. They take forever! When I quit the game above, the AI takes an hour to get through all those Zombie motions. I might not have given up if it took a few minutes per turn but an hour...

Anyways, all minor things, nothing major. When the Zombie turns start taking years I will just go do something else and come back, I will just miss whatever damage they've done to me :/
Gojira54...
1. Unless you can be specific about the Spelling Errors, I cannot correct them. There are many text files so I need to know specifically what is in error.
2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had not noticed that the Commands were Reversed in the script file. That is also Reversed in the Original CIV Script File. I only changed the text for EFZI2 Complete, Not the Order, so that Error is directly from the Original Conquests Script File. I have that corrected and will add it to any other corrections.
3.Press and hold your Left Shift Key to speed the Zombies moving around. Personally I like to watch the Battles but I do Speed the Zombies walking around during the Zombies Turn.
...The Reason your game was taking so long for the Zombies was because the Zombies Owned most of the Buildings and naturally had more units. By the time the Zombies reach the Omega, they should not have much more than 20 Buildings. They generally have around 15 or 16 Buildings if the Player does Very Well.

I will be Uploading the entire Game again when I am sure that any Errors that exist have been reported and I have them all corrected.
So Far I have Christian Bale corrected in the Biq and the Command lines concerning "We have had a Major Disaster!" corrected in the Script file.
If there are other Spelling Errors, I want to correct them as well so please be specific so I know where to find them :)

for anyone who wants to correct the script.txt file themselves.
Use Notepad and find
: #MELTDOWN

#MELTDOWN
#map_center 0
#advisor Situation Sad
#xs 440
#text
{We have had a Major Disaster!}
{As if things weren't bad enough!}
#itemlist
Let's be strong, deal with this and move on!
Zoom to the building, I love a disaster.

The last two entries under #itemlist need to be changed as I have them above... you will see them reversed when you find these entries.

Vuldacon, I sometimes get the feeling that there are too many exclamation signs all in all.

Funny, after I posted I went in to Menu -> Preferences and unchecked Animate Enemy Moves, which essentially does exactly what you were saying, and that dramatically sped up game play and therefore made it much more enjoyable. As you hinted, maybe if I played better this would be less of an issue. I tend to enter wars on a carefully calculated plan, but here it seems I might be better off taking a more aggressive, land-grab approach.

For the spelling errors, I will start to note them for you. I think they were mostly in the Civilopedia, as after I played a few turns I spent a good hour reading up in there. I will do so again and be another set of eyes for you. :) Like I said they don't bother me a bit, I just tend to notice these things as one of my job functions is technical writing, which requires written accuracy at all times. But I will still gather and report them.

Now that I am playing a new game as the Farmers, I have to agree that hotkey issue on the Prospectors is pretty frustrating. Short of remapping the hotkeys, I agree with you Vuldacon - all other cures are worse than the disease. If we can remap the hotkeys that is the solution, otherwise us players will have to deal. I will just have to be careful with them...

I love the celebratory Dueling Banjos jingle when a Farmer gets promoted.... :p

You can just hold down Shift to temporarily skip the animations of enemy moves, so you can stop whenever the actions gets interesting and you want to see what's going on.

Ifit is just a simple change for one thing, then just upload a new script file also, so those who have already downloaded the game can just have that. Any other changes should also be uploaded separately for those of us.

Takhisis... Yes, there are plenty of Exclamation Signs throughout the Game... it is a Zombie Infested Island filled with Horrible Things and the people stuck on the Island are far from calm about it all :lol:

Gojira54... If you press and hold the left shift key to speed the Zombie movements, you will have control over when you want to see the movements or speed through them.
I dislike errors and that includes spelling so I appreciate notifications so I can correct them.
Note that the Farmers have many entries that are intentionally incorrect grammar :)
...Yes, you will fair far better being Aggressive as well as Blocking the Zombies from your Buildings. Gain as many Buildings as you can Early because they become Stronger as the game progresses.

classical hero... when I Upload the Game again I will post a simple Update as well.

I dislike errors and that includes spelling so I appreciate notifications so I can correct them.

Camp Paradise Civilopedia - should be Tourist not Tourest.

Top Bottom