I'm pretty sure someone is cheating in this game.... :(

Rubio

Warlord
I'm in game # 3255
and............

I look at the other civs.... the French Alliance only has one unit, a Native... they have a few thou in gold or so, almost no hammers, so I build up an army and invade them...

4 hours before the battle begins they still only have 1 Native and haven't fielded anything, they now have about 4 thou in gold... but that's it....

2 hours before the battle they're defending with this massive army... now this civ only has ONE player on it...

is there any way this guy is NOT cheating???

I'm in game # 3255
and............

I look at the other civs.... the French Alliance only has one unit, a Native... they have a few thou in gold or so, almost no hammers, so I build up an army and invade them...

4 hours before the battle begins they still only have 1 Native and haven't fielded anything, they now have about 4 thou in gold... but that's it....

2 hours before the battle they're defending with this massive army... now this civ only has ONE player on it...

is there any way this guy is NOT cheating???

Are you sure it's not a foreign defender?

This is my first time playing.. but the French are a one-player civ and all the army had the name of the civ owner on them.....

First, you can't see the total of production a player has.
Second, 18 hours has passed and that's 18 more harvests.
And at last, how big was that French army? Numbers, please.

There were about 400 or 500 of his troops there.... there's no way he could have legally gone from 1 lousy native to that in 18 harvests, even if they were all production AFAIK....

I thought at first somebody had lent him troops from another civ, but they would have appeared in the name of the player who had them right???

The other strange thing is that in the world screen, it still appeared as if he only had the 1 native...

There were about 400 or 500 of his troops there.... there's no way he could have legally gone from 1 lousy native to that in 18 harvests, even if they were all production AFAIK....

I thought at first somebody had lent him troops from another civ, but they would have appeared in the name of the player who had them right???

The other strange thing is that in the world screen, it still appeared as if he only had the 1 native...

It could be a few cases of the player selling scientists, generals, engineers, or artists; and maybe selling food, science, culture, for gold and production. I did that all at one time shortly before the battle was about to begin.

It didn't look anything like that....

Maybe the guy just had a whole mess of production saved up......

Did you look at his city to see how many houses he had built and of what type? Or at his civ's wonder screen to see how many great people he had?

Lots of houses and great builders would be a lot of trickle production. Plus whatever he's harvesting.

If look careful enough, it has player NAMEs under that unit, showing whom it is belonged to.
I would bet it's a foreign defender. You know, ANYONE can help French to defend ? (as long as not the attacking blok )

Nope, it was all under his own name.....

I think the biggest possibility is, he just went all out to defend that battle....

I often start wars I can't win with my current forces, only because I have thousands of hammers stored, waiting to pounce. This guy may have been doing something similar.

Yeah I think I just underestimated him....
I'm doing the same thing now, I have lots of gold and hammers stored for any last minute surprises ;)

Yea, I once had about 40,000 production saved (on top of my 400+ stack of main troops) - so if I needed more, I could quickly expand.

Another posibility - did that civ have another battle going one before yours? That is, maybe their troops were in the other battle - so when you looked, they only had 1 troop not in the battle.

But once the other battle was over, they could then place all their troops in that battle.

I was in a civ and one person had over 500k gold which was over half of gold in game and won get 1% of worlds gold which was shortly followed by the sphinx auction which converts 20% of gold into production. A war was declared on us as we had built several wonders but the three of us in the civ were able to pourclose to 200k of production into that war. We picked up four wonders and 9 technology! Ok so unusual but yeah people do store up production to catch people out.

Top Bottom