Master of Mana Xtended

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
***NEWER VERSION 5.6 (11 JUNE 2017) THREAD HERE:

Xtended version 3.0 (updated 11 April 2015)
We are lucky that CarnivalBizarre decided to join the Xtended team so that we can make further modification, especially dll one!
This latest version is the fruit of his hard work :goodjob:

This is based on Master of Mana 2.11 (I downloaded the 2.11 patch on 3 February 2014).

Instruction for downloading the installers:
  1. Download Master of Mana Full Setup installer and Patch 2.11 from Sourceforge.
  2. Install the game.
  3. Download Xtended 3.0 here.
  4. Unrar and move the Assets folder to your Master of Mana folder.
  5. Run the mod!

If you have error: GFC Error: failed to initialize primary control theme, try to rename the folder into "Master of Mana".

Known Bug:
If you play with Mazatl, you can not research Righteousness.

Quick fix:
  1. Download and unzip XGUILDS_CIV4TechInfos.zip from here.
  2. Copy and replace it to Master of Mana/Assets/Modules/NormalModules/Xtended/XGuilds.
  3. It should not break your save game.

Changelog (released 11 April 2015)

1. More stable and faster to play build!
    • Fixes various ctds and AI logics.
    • You should notice a better performance when playing.
  2. Changes on religion mechanic!
    • Holy cities are now founded when a civ acquired the 2nd Sacred Knowledge.
    • Forests and Jungles now upgrade to Ancient Forests under Fellowship of Leaves players.
    • Tribute to Cernunnos no longer gives Faith. FOL players main source of Faith is Ancient Forests in their territory.
    • The Order gets a direct damage miracle.
    • The Ashen Veil gets a summon miracle. You now can call forth the fiery Azer!
  3. Mazatl has joined the new unit mechanics with Blowpipe, Dweller, Basilisk and many more!
  4. Changes on weapons and armors, thanks to Calavente for his ideas!
  5. Changes on districts!
    • Noble District no longer gives culture per pop or trade route. More resources are giving Noble District happiness.
    • Merchant District no longer doubles resources in BFC.
    • Foreign Trading District is now renamed to Trading District and gives 2 gold per pop.
    • Luxury District gives +3 gold, one random resource and doubles resources in BFC.
    • Warehouse District gives +100% for lumber, metal, stone and leather. You can build Large Warehouse for another 100% bonus.
    • Bard District now gives +1 culture per pop.
    • Temple District still gives +2 faith per pop, but gives malus: -20% hammer and commerce.
  6. Updates on various civilisation UBs and UUs.

Previous Changelog:
Spoiler :

Version 2
  1. Adapted Scion to current unit roster mechanic.
    • Only Korrina as leader can build the Vacant Mausoleum and get the Risen Emperor as hero.
    • The Risen Emperor as hero can create Revenant after combat (this is the only way to create Revenant).
    • Only The Risen Emperor as leader can build Temple of Gift, Legate, Doomsayer and Doomgiver. Consider this as an intensified form of Cult of the Emperor.
    • Xivan can build the Lord Usurper, who starts with Hero, Combat I, Combat II and Marksman. You can get lots of free units by using him.
    • Ophelia has Korrina as hero, and I have not give her unique mechanic. Maybe later :p
  2. Adapted Aristarkh to current unit roster mechanic.
    • Skeletons are still using old mechanic: not scaling with tech and can be upgraded.
    • Vampires are using new mechanic: scaling with tech.
  3. Leader traits expanded to include Faithful traits.
  4. Hell terrain is now spreading all over Erebus when the AC is too high. The Hell Planes are now mostly Plains, with pockets of hell terrains spread here and there.
  5. Civics are reworked.
  6. Various bug fixes and updates suggested by forum members.

Version 1
  1. Completed unit rosters for all vanilla civs and Austrin.
  2. Reworked the planes; now Hell and Umbrawood only appear as pockets area. Most of the terrains are grass, plains, and tundra.
  3. Added disciplines for Arcane units.
  4. Many more (too many to remember :crazyeye: )

Things to do/fix/mod (most of these are DLL modding, which is beyond my capacity. If anyone would like to help in modding the DLL, I'd be very grateful):

1. Converting Dural, Jotnar, Mazatl, Scions, Aristarkh and the Frozen to the new mechanics.
  2. All xml tags that reduce city maintenance are not working (both "distance from the palace" and "city number").
  3. Changing religion founding mechanic back to tech. Ideally, a religion is founded by getting the second Sacred Knowledge.
  4. Fixing AI units "stand still" if their objective is becoming invalid in the middle of processing. Examples:
    • AI worker will stand still if the city it worked for is captured by enemy, thus making its mission of building improvement invalid;
    • AI military unit that stand still because its destination city is razed/captured;
    • AI settler that stand still when its destined location is occupied by Barbarian/hostile unit).
    • CTD when AI (or AI and human?) Kuriotates tried to make more Settlers when already reaching their max number of cities.
  5. Making sure that Unit AI determined in xml are checked by AI civs, since atm AI places recon unit or something as city defender, ignoring the fact that recon units do not get bonus from city defenses and that there are other units with better bonus.
    • Is it possible that AI only consider the base strength of a unit, instead also checking for its promotions?
    • Is it possible that AI only consider the base strength of a unit, not including strength bonus from techs? So a 10 strength unit without bScaleWithTech is better than a 8 strength unit with bScaleWithTech and +4 bonus from techs?
  6. Making sure that all AIWeight are checked when AI civs select religion and guilds.
  7. Re-enabling religion passive spread.
  8. Hell terrain is not spreading but the code is there.
  9. Reworking Civics.
  10. Making it possible to block certain alignment from getting certain religion or guilds.
  11. Making it possible to exclude AI civs from adopting a certain guild if they have another guild (Slaver Guild and Healer Circle should be exclusive from each other imho, even though we could head-cannoning a slaver civ that provide health care to keep its elite happy... :lol: )
  12. Adding/cleaning pedia entries for leaders, units, buildings, improvements etc.
  13. Cleaning tooltips on improvement; some improvements do not give benefits to adjacent improvement anymore. Need to check whether this is in DLL or in XML.
  14. Passive terraforming of the Illians seems to fight against some other passive terraforming.
  15. CvGameTextMgr.cpp: change TerrainList.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_UNIT_HILLS_STRENGTH_MODIS", pUnit->cityAttackModifier())); to TerrainList.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_UNIT_HILLS_STRENGTH_MODIS", pUnit->hillsAttackModifier()));.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it seems the AI doesn't ever build a city after the first. They all have at least a couple settlers stacked, but they don't do anything with them. Any idea what this might be?

That is strange, in my games AI civs always expand normally.

Which civ is that, the one that is not expanding? Do you notice a strong barbarian lair(s) nearby?

It's all of them. I'm 300 turns into an epic length game, and literally only 3 civilizations have built their second city. Most cities seem to be completely surrounded by trading posts. They all have militaries almost as strong as mine, but they never leave their borders. Not sure exactly what the deal is. One thing I noticed is that I have the three units per tile option on, and the AI has stacks larger than that on their cities. Could that have something to do with it?

Three units per tile might be the cause of this odd situation because usually a Settler is accompanied by three units.

Could you start a new game without the three units per tile and in Normal game speed? If the AI civs are expanding in that game then it might be your custom settings that caused the static AI.

Hi there!

I'm currently downloading Xtended, then we (LordShaggynator and me) will start a multiplayer game. Let's see if we could revitalize our fun with MoM. :)

Edit: Well, after several hours (!) of downloading, it suddenly aborts - for me and LordShaggynator. Too bad. :(

Hi there!

I'm currently downloading Xtended, then we (LordShaggynator and me) will start a multiplayer game. Let's see if we could revitalize our fun with MoM. :)

Edit: Well, after several hours (!) of downloading, it suddenly aborts - for me and LordShaggynator. Too bad. :(

Hi there!

If you or LordShaggynator still have the base MoMana (version 1.3 and then patch it to 2.11, iirc, I could upload the Xtended module. That would cut your download time considerably :)

Edit: apparently you could download vanilla MoMana from sourceforge.

Btw, BlackArchon, one thing that bother me with this version is how religions get founded (at turn 231, no matter what). If you are interested in modding that out, and make religions get founded by techs just like in vanilla FfH, I'd be grateful. :D

The entry is there, but it is not clickable. But I also couldn't see a civilization with her as a leader, so I think she is disabled?

Dear Evast,

Thank you for this contribution ! I'll play when I'll can.

- About balance, I remember I played your mod and the stronger unbalanced thing was the Guild of Magic which was very overpowered by the Conjure Matter spell, wich produced tons of hammer. I remember too that it was boring that each turn you needed to manually select the spell in the cities. It would be good that this spell could give less hammer, and be automaticelly used in on of your city (the excedent of the maximum of your mana reserve for exemple !).

- I remeber too we tried with few guys to play to your mod in multiplayer, and it was systematic OSS which is sad because the potential of MoM (Extended specially) is huge in multiplayer. Could you please make it playable in multiplayer without OSS ? :)

maybe a bug:
cant see the "Leader: Emma Vargamor" entry in the civilopedia...

Emma and several other minor leaders are not linked to any civs at this moment. I want to design more unique traits for them.

If you have any suggestions on what their traits should be, I'm all ears.

Dear Evast,

Thank you for this contribution ! I'll play when I'll can.

- About balance, I remember I played your mod and the stronger unbalanced thing was the Guild of Magic which was very overpowered by the Conjure Matter spell, wich produced tons of hammer. I remember too that it was boring that each turn you needed to manually select the spell in the cities. It would be good that this spell could give less hammer, and be automaticelly used in on of your city (the excedent of the maximum of your mana reserve for exemple !).

- I remeber too we tried with few guys to play to your mod in multiplayer, and it was systematic OSS which is sad because the potential of MoM (Extended specially) is huge in multiplayer. Could you please make it playable in multiplayer without OSS ? :)

About mana --> hammer conversion:
If this function is automated, it might drains your mana income and you might spend it toward unnecessary building. I created this function as a gimmick for the Circle of Magi guild, you should use it on important occasion only.
If the conversion rate is too efficient, I might increase the mana cost (so 120 mana --> 60 hammer, then 100 --> 60 and 80 --> 60).

OSS:
I don't know what cause the OSS. Let us hope that BlackArchon and LordShaggynator (who are playing this latest Xtended in multiplayer) could help us with this.

Top Bottom