Why are you here?

Why am I here? - Because this changes a predictable world history game into a less predictable adventure/role playing game. Since I play with a random civ most times and it takes me ages to finish a game, by the time I have played a few you guys have a new version which changes so many things it feels new again!

Idea, although I imagine someone probably proposed it. (soz been out of loops since August 2k6!)

Terrain improvements with forts. How about being able to build a wall improvement. I don't know if it's possible but these walls have 'hp' like a unit so enemies have to 'break through', using artillery type units etc. Normal passage can be going through forts which act like gateposts for these big walls.

Also, before I get the answer in the faq thread, have certain wonders currently come through the Armageddon Counter. I think it feels more natural that Wrath is 'Unleashed' after a series of events throughout the game rather than from an abstract building.

Also, before I get the answer in the faq thread, have certain wonders currently come through the Armageddon Counter. I think it feels more natural that Wrath is 'Unleashed' after a series of events throughout the game rather than from an abstract building.

You just got answered in the other thread you were asking about Wrath Unleashed. :) (Yes, the wonder is removed and replaced by the armageddon counter)

You just got answered in the other thread you were asking about Wrath Unleashed. :) (Yes, the wonder is removed and replaced by the armageddon counter)

Love and joy. I just put on this updated FFH today. So many new stuff to get my head around! The giants from the Nilhorn pact aren't oversized warrior models anymore! Woo!

I've played a few versions of FfH2. Now that .22 has arrived I think it is long past time that I commended the creators for a job extremely well done! This is an awesome mod! The uniqueness of the civs and religions is great! I don't think I could ever grow bored of this game because I dont think I will ever be able to explore all the range of options that exists. It is so cool to be able to play the game with such variety. So many combinations, so little time. And the art is very cool. Great job all!!

I've played a few versions of FfH2. Now that .22 has arrived I think it is long past time that I commended the creators for a job extremely well done! This is an awesome mod! The uniqueness of the civs and religions is great! I don't think I could ever grow bored of this game because I dont think I will ever be able to explore all the range of options that exists. It is so cool to be able to play the game with such variety. So many combinations, so little time. And the art is very cool. Great job all!!
Yes, I completely agree. I've played many games for a year now, and there are still a bunch of civs I haven't even tried out yet! Such an awesome game.

Just want to say that this mod is amazing, it brings me back to some of the Civ II scenarios I used to love so much. I hadn't played Civ IV for a while when I discovered this mod and it breathed new life into the game for me. Thanks a lot for sucking me back in.:goodjob:

Congrats on being in the official expansion.

Why am I here ?
Well...
I saw the light, so I came in...
I felt the warmth, so I stayed...
:D

This morning I experienced one of those Civ timewarps I haven't had in a long, long time. I sit down at the computer intending to play a few turns of FfH. I decide to take out a neighboring civ to clear off my continent. I defeat said civ and very happy with myself decide it's a good time to save, quit, and go take a shower and have breakfast. My jaw then drops as I realize I've been at it for over an hour and a half. Luckily I wake up extra early in the morning in case something like this should happen. :) Thanks to the developers of this wonderful mod for making something like this possible! You've outdone any other mod I've ever seen for a game. In fact, except for a few similarities between FfH and Civ4 I'd say you've made an entirely new and far more interesting game.

I'm here to find out how this world works. Up till now, I've just been picking buildings and techs that sound like they might be useful and sorta fit the way my kingdom is developing. Sometimes I build things having no idea what they really do, just that they lead to other neat-sounding things. I realize that's probably not the best strategy if I ever want to progress past Prince.

I'm here to find out how this world works. Up till now, I've just been picking buildings and techs that sound like they might be useful and sorta fit the way my kingdom is developing. Sometimes I build things having no idea what they really do, just that they lead to other neat-sounding things. I realize that's probably not the best strategy if I ever want to progress past Prince.

Hey, look! It's Charley, avatar and everything! :waves: Have fun with FfH! There's the wiki to help and lot of threads on strategy and stuff around here.

(tLD here :D)

I have loved the civilization series for the majority of my life, and I think this mod in particular is amazing. However, I can't help but get frustrated with both Civ IV vanilla and to variable degrees it's modifications because of what I feel is underdeveloped AI. I am here to talk about it, and I chose this forum because I think Fall from Heaven II is brilliant in both concept and implementation and suffers only from this basic weakness of CIV IV.

That being said, I get frustrated most specifically because I feel that the advantages given to the AI at higher difficulty levels to make the game challenging is an inadequate substitution from a truly skilled AI. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to design a competent, non-cheating AI in a game as complex as CIV IV. However, I have seen at least one game (Galactic Civilizations) that seemed to succeed quite admirably in this regard. To a certain degree this has always been a problem of the civilization series, but it seems even worse to me in CIV IV.
Your point of view is interesting. Several times I had to find out that the AI cheats. So it seems to be far more easier to program and programming strategy is indeed very complex. But first you need a total control of both players and the whole game and then you must cut some information for the AI player e.g. hidden units - not easy. Why not play chess?
Have you ever read Stefan Zweig's Chess Novel? In this view the AI has to become more or less schizophrenic. Or the programmers more fair.

I only can fully agree with you. I will never play Civ IV again as well as Alpha Centauri, the scheme is very much the same, it's rather simple etc. But the point is more this what an old saying in German means: The better is the enemy of the good.

For me the flair that FfH undoubtly has in an unique way makes the difference. And this flair comes only from passion and love to details by the design team. Because there is no commercial pressure to be bought by as many as possible, they can concentrate to the details. FfH is a taylor-made product for a passionate small community. And this is great!
If you are a member of this community ...

Why am I here? I checked up on Civfanatics as I had not done since Conquests. I checked the file db and found this at the top of the list for 'downloads', descending order of course. After reading a few details about spells and scripted events, I knew it was a must, and I have yet to be disappointed. This is the sole reason I bought Civ4, and I haven't even touched vanilla or any other stand-alone mod since. I don't think I will anytime soon. :eek:

Why am I here you ask, well I've been away for several months and decided to get off my lazy butt and come back :lol: and it seems while I was away you all have been busy, hehe means I gotta check out the new updates to this mod XD anyways it's good to be back and nice to see things improving, also I'd like to congratulate the mod team of FfH for them having the honor of making a mod for the latest expansion to Civ 4

You guys do such a good job of providing feedback, helping playtest, give ideas and really smooth out the edges of FfH that it makes me wonder why Firaxis doesn't involve more community members. Or at least post directly on the forums more often.

But then I went and read the BtS forum. :confused: It really makes me appreciate the community we have built up here in the FfH forum. Those people in the BtS forum are crazy!

But then I went and read the BtS forum. :confused: It really makes me appreciate the community we have built up here in the FfH forum. Those people in the BtS forum are crazy!

Maybey whe should start a thread there, and rant how upset you are, that your civs didn't make it, as regular civs in the game instead of the HRE. And how much better they are then Poland. ;) :p

Keep it up. I'm addicted again.:D

Top Bottom