Final Fixes Reborn

Hero unit Arthendain starts with Medic 3, However he can then get First Aid, is this a mistake? My lizard men workers can not create swamp although they can destroy it, also they cant shape jungle. Furthermore they do not have xp gain.

About More naval AI modmod. Would be nice applying it to RifE, because AIs plays worse than anything i saw ever. Declaring wars only by a power number, but never send troops piles, or act minimal smart at least how BTS AIs fight... AIs in RifE are totally broken. I saw AIs declaring war to me only with 2 scouts, or keeping inside their borders in a stupid defensive play. Better, i put 1 enemy city undersiege with my stack, and the idiotic AIs send 1 mage alone behind me for creating 1 mana node, rofl.... and better dont talk about their workers creating things near my army.

Fukin awesome. I begin too believe AIs on RifE are programmed only for being builders and kill other AIs civs in early rushes. Elseway, they are absolutely mindless. And i repeat, for this, would be better at least put them the basic BTS AI templates.

Turns out the Bloom issue wasn't an issue. It works as intended - it just doesn't work on all terrains.

About More naval AI modmod. Would be nice applying it to RifE, because AIs plays worse than anything i saw ever. Declaring wars only by a power number, but never send troops piles, or act minimal smart at least how BTS AIs fight... AIs in RifE are totally broken. I saw AIs declaring war to me only with 2 scouts, or keeping inside their borders in a stupid defensive play. Better, i put 1 enemy city undersiege with my stack, and the idiotic AIs send 1 mage alone behind me for creating 1 mana node, rofl.... and better dont talk about their workers creating things near my army.

Fukin awesome. I begin too believe AIs on RifE are programmed only for being builders and kill other AIs civs in early rushes. Elseway, they are absolutely mindless. And i repeat, for this, would be better at least put them the basic BTS AI templates.
just so you know the "basic AI template" cannot use FFH.... so even RifE's AI is better than the BTS template... but it has to use a much more complex tool... so it is not so good.

Ok, today, my brain looks healthy enough :crazyeye: to answer comprehensively to everything you posted in the past weeks.

also, when playing the Elohim, the getting extra traits from UFs gets overpowered very quickly, could this be removed or changed? I've always been a fan of the Elohim mechanic used here (not the monks really, just the unique way of getting settlers!)
Translation to other players:
- UF means Unique Feature
- Elohim gain a new trait (for example industrious)when they send a unit on some unique features

What makes it imbalanced is that almost nothing protects the unique features
  • guardians are optional (I've to check how it works)
  • the AI isn't effective enough (does not see the UF as something crucial)
    • Improving the AI will require weeks/months of me studying MoreNavalAI C++ code, to get how it works, and to adapt it to specific civs.
    • When you play MP, every human will try to get a few unique features (for themselves or for trade). And if they play against elohim, they will put more effort into it, just to deny them the racial bonuses.
  • The elohim do not need the UF to be inside their territory
    • Check if elohim can ask an AI for open borders, and get one of their units to the UF of the neighbour and get the bonus

As for the features inside the "Keepers of the Holy Places" module, I think I'll study them after these first points are fixed.

If you need any help, I'm okay at python coding :)
The mod is huge, so any help is welcome. :goodjob: (please send me PM with your e-mail address so we can cooperate)
I only added a few python bugs for now (#43, #44, #45, #46).

EDIT: also, an old bug, when you get the volcano event, you don't get access to obsidian because volcanos are impassable
I added the bug some time ago (#67)

that made me want to connect to #erebus... I'll have to find how to do it from this PC..
IRC server: warrensofthought.com
chan: #erebus

Im chasing bugs now in Scions civilization. Found some. Ill post roster latter.
Ok. Tell me when you add them.

On embers clan: world spells brings more unit to your control than whats supposed to do. Sometimes it brings a few elemental kinds, mana guardians or inapropiate units. It doesnt happens always, but happens. Happened to me twice.
ok. Will check the code

About the current number 57 bug of spreadsheet, where healers names are missing, im working on it, its quite easy, and its more related to missing texts than code errors on libraries, so i can provide a fix for it, because on our spanish traslation we are filling quotes and names for great healers. Problem with this is we arent filling in other langs, only spanish, so if somebody want to collaborate with us for having this fixed on his own lang, please send me PM. Both quotes and names are missing, names can work in all langs, but quotes dont. Provide me texts and ill add to my fix and post here later.

As I don't understand a word of spanish, if you can add a basic english version of the quotes you imagined, I'll correct them when you publish them. (or I can use an online translation service, hoping the algorithm isn't too bad)

:Edit: As an unrelated note, I noticed that if I do the PediaReader.exe, it errors in the Dural_Civ4GameText_Dural.xml file. That's because near the bottom, where it says ‘gathering glory', the first ' is curved, whereas it needs to be turned into a normal '. The PediaReader apparently doesn't like the curved version of the '.

Clicking on the Raider promotion for the Raider trait leads to the Raider unit - not the promotion.

Clicking on the Lizardman racial for the Cualli/Muatzl will lead to the Lizardman unit - not the promotion.

Thanks. :)
Corrected problem with quotes. (there were a total of 10 occurences " ‘ ")
Raider and Lizardmen put in the todo list.

Is there a other mirror then google? Https downloads sadly dont work for me and google refuse the change to http.
No, there isn't any other mirror. (I didn't imagine https could be a problem for anyone)

Moreover, https not working for you could mean very bad things (unless you're connecting from your work: some companies block these connections in the proxy)

If it's your personal computer, does https work on other websites, mainly your e-mail or bank account ? If not, you should get a geeky friend to help you check it, in case it's a virus (and/or worm, trojan, keylogger, ...)

A friend and I play this online and have for several years, still relatively regularly. Finally prompted me to register for the forum.

First, I'm really happy that there's still some work on this going on - the initial improvements to the AI were huge. We'd been playing with the AI on teams of 2 to try to make it a bit more challenging and since the updates, we've put them back on their own. I was worried that it would go back to being OOS hell like the early rife builds but it's still pretty consistent.

I'll post bugs when I think of them - there are several. The only one I can think of currently that's a large one is that Mecurians are somewhat broken. When you finish the wonder and bring them into the world, they will often immediately die before appearing, then the city will remain in your control and have the mecurian gates in it. I wasn't able to figure out what causes it. In reloading the same game several times, it happens sometimes and not others. Regardless it's happened in 3 or 4 games.

As for a really minor bug, the Cualli hero has vanilla civ spy features enabled that he shouldn't have.

I've played the current build on three computers multiplayer without issue - on windows 8 computers, it crashes occasionally but it's unrelated to multiplayer. There's also a consistent OOS problem that only happens in games with the Sidar, every second turn, mid-game (might be caused by the separate soul thing).

Thanks.
--> bug #98: check mercurians status
--> bug #99: miquiztli hero has useless anti-spy features
--> bug #100 :)cry: 3 digits): possible OOS problem when AI uses Sidar
As for separate soul, do you mean the unit "severed soul"?

i thing there is a problem with the letum frigos improvemnt(its an improvment that give mana.
it says there is a 2100101 chance to spawn wilf men

Oops, forgot to check the next day when I said so.
Eww, just read the civpedia: "spawns up to 2147483647 savage beastman units" :eek:
Definitely a bug. --> bug #101

Ey Ronkhar, whazzup bud!

look, i think i found 1 lesser bug: when exploring ancient ruins, sometimes you found "dagda shield" but instead the upgrade, u get a potion :p. Or something alike, dont remember exactly what triggers the bug: U find something but receive something else.

There is nothing in the code that would give something else than the dagda shield
(TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_EXPLORE_LAIR_SHIELD_OF_FAITH in CIV4GoodyInfo.xml)

The only bonus is <PromotionAdds>Promotion>PROMOTION_SHIELD_OF_FAITH</Promotion></PromotionAdds>

@Rodge, snarko, A.Moon
Regarding binders, they are not supposed to gain free XP. As I remember, it's one of numerous features (with fallow, ...) that pushes them into being warmongers.
Definitively a feature.
bug #92: The Civpedia needs an update (binder description, and D'tesh Civ Strategy)

And i ask: i dwled last fix, but when unzipping it with winrar, launch faliure, and dont decompress properly all files, resulting on an empty .fpk and empty xml folders. Does it happens by any reason u explained?

Errrr...
- either my upload was corrupted somehow. (but nobody else complained in the past week)
- or your download was corrupted somehow
- or Winrar can't read .7z using the (LZMA2) algorithm (I use it because it's one of the best, and lots of compression software can read it)

I don't use Winrar (why use proprietary shareware, when there is open-source software, that is at least as good, if not better), so can't help you more than that.

Perhaps give another file archiver a try, and tell us the result.

Nevermind, turns out I didn't have the latest patch, thought I did but it wasn't very clear :)

I know it isn't :(
The idea is that RifE development is at a complete halt, except for snarko, who does a few updates, mainly to the DLL.
As the former RifE team has no control over the changes I bring (after all, I'm an independant coder/debugger), it's better to consider my work as a modmodmod, than as a patch to RifE (which would mean they endorse me)
I hope this explains why this subject is not in the sticky section, and why the RifE changelog shows (and will probably continue to show) 1.4 as the last version

@sammoraj: wow, you've been very active ;)
1) Mazatl: mainly what Viatos said
Don't try to build improvements (except perhaps using the N key for workers)
Swamps and jungle everywhere works well.
I'll have to play another game with them to give a better strategy.

2) Arthendain:
I think medic is for healing of allies, while First Aid is auto-heal.
I'll have to check ingame if getting that promotion has any benefit

3) meteor view range: no idea. I'll have to try.

You should really try to read the AI code in the dll. (I obviously mean the C++ source)
1) It's huge
2) It already includes several improvements from MoreNavalAI
3) It's hard to read, harder to write, horrible to debug.
4) The difficulty is not imagining what the AI should do (I already have lots of pseudo-code for it in my mind); it's getting the AI to f...... do it
4) You can notice that AI problems are already mentioned at the bottom of the bug spreadsheet.
5) Right now, I haven't the knowledge to write it. Maybe dozens (hundreds) of hours reading the C++ code will allow me to get it. Or not. Anyway, I didn't see anyone come with a chunk of code that allows RifE AIs to become geniuses.

PS: If I ever sound angry, it's at the code, not at you :p
PS2: If someone feels up to the task, I would really enjoy knowing if the MoreNavalAI makes Calabim vampires feed on their cities (and if they do, ideally, I'll have to read how this task is written in the code)

Answer to Calavente:

Anyways, the AIs on BTS at least declare war to me starting with an invader stack of units, and go for main targets (as cities or key resources); RifE AIs on RifE dont do that (the minimal expression of intelligence). The reason for this isnt important, it happens, simply. AIs are Artificial, but no Intelligence xD

Answer to Rhonkar:

1- Scions bugs: i take my word back: they are almost perfect. The only thing i consider 1 bug is u can create both Heroes (korrina and Risen emperor) no matter if someone of them is your Civ leader (opossiting to written rule on civpedia)

2- Embers clan world spell bug: it only happens when im playing it. AIs summons the espected, but i use WS and i summon EVERYTHING. So its something related to human control.

3- Healer missing text fix: ok, ill send you fixed file and ill try traduct to english (no google)

4- U get 1 item but it says another: it happens when i found that green venom trinket (dont know english name), that system say i found 1 potion.

5- winrar fail: tell me what unzziper u use.

6- MNAI modmod. Forget about it, not a priority.

Hi,
Today's brainstorming is DWARVES.

Quick summary:
Dwarf units have a move bonus on hills, but the current code doesn't work.
I tried to fix it, but none of my solutions works.
Have you any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------- DETAILS ----------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarf units have a racial promotion "dwarven" which contains:
  • OK can climb peaks (aka mountains)
  • OK +25% vs poison
  • OK +25% to work rate
  • BUG -1 movement cost on hills
  • BUG -1 movement cost on peaks

Examples to highlight the bug effect:
Let's move a unit towards grassland hills
  • a normal unit spends 2 points
  • a dwarf spends 2 points, while it should spend only 1
  • a guerilla2 unit spends 1 point
  • a guerilla2 dwarf spends 1point, while it should spend only 0.5

PS: "guerilla2" gives double movement on hills, whichs works correctly
Code:
<bHillsDoubleMove>1</bHillsDoubleMove>

---------------------------------------------------------------- 1st TEST ----------------------------------------------------------------

When you read PROMOTION_DWARF in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml, you can see
Code:
<iHillMoveCost>-1</iHillMoveCost>

I changed this value to -5 and +5

--> The movement cost does not change. Is this code useless?

---------------------------------------------------------------- 2nd TEST ----------------------------------------------------------------

When you read TERRAIN_HILL in CIV4TerrainInfos.xml, you can see
Code:
<iMovement>1</iMovement>

I changed this value to 0, then to 10

--> The movement cost does not change. Is this code useless?

---------------------------------------------------------------- 3rd TEST ----------------------------------------------------------------
PROMOTION_LIZARDMAN has the following code (which works)
Code:
<TerrainMoveCosts>
	<TerrainMoveCost>
		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_MARSH</TerrainType>
		<iTerrainMoveCost>-1</iTerrainMoveCost>
	</TerrainMoveCost>
	<TerrainMoveCost>
		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TAIGA</TerrainType>
		<iTerrainMoveCost>+1</iTerrainMoveCost>
	</TerrainMoveCost>
	<TerrainMoveCost>
		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TUNDRA</TerrainType>
		<iTerrainMoveCost>+2</iTerrainMoveCost>
	</TerrainMoveCost>
</TerrainMoveCosts>

Since TERRAIN_MARSH, TERRAIN_TAIGA,TERRAIN_TUNDRA are specified alongside TERRAIN_HILL in CIV4TerrainInfos.xml, I adapted it for PROMOTION_DWARF in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
Code:
<TerrainMoveCosts>
	<TerrainMoveCost>
		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILL</TerrainType>
		<iTerrainMoveCost>-1</iTerrainMoveCost>
	</TerrainMoveCost>
</TerrainMoveCosts>

--> The movement cost does not change

---------------------------------------------------------------- 4th TEST ----------------------------------------------------------------
PROMOTION_WASTELAND_DEFENDER has the following code (which works)
Code:
<TerrainDoubleMoves>
	<TerrainDoubleMove>
		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_WASTELAND</TerrainType>
		<bTerrainDoubleMove>1</bTerrainDoubleMove>
	</TerrainDoubleMove>
</TerrainDoubleMoves>

Since TERRAIN_WASTELAND is specified alongside TERRAIN_HILL in CIV4TerrainInfos.xml, I adapted it for PROMOTION_DWARF in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
Code:
<TerrainDoubleMoves>
	<TerrainDoubleMove>
		<TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILL</TerrainType>
		<bTerrainDoubleMove>1</bTerrainDoubleMove>
	</TerrainDoubleMove>
</TerrainDoubleMoves>

--> The movement cost does not change

---------------------------------------------------------------- 5th TEST ----------------------------------------------------------------
I tested some of these solutions for TERRAIN_PEAK
It's the same: no effect at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Solution 1 ----------------------------------------------------------------

Change "dwarf" promotion to include guerilla 1 & 2
  • add double movement on hills
  • add 45% hills attack
  • add 60% hills defense
  • make dwarf exclude guerilla1&2 (if dwarf, then cannot buy guerilla 1)

Consequences:
  • Dwarves are very powerful in hills from the beginning
  • Units with guerilla 1&2 are equivalent to dwarves on hills.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Solution 1 variant 1 (less powerful) ----------------------------------------------------------------

Change "dwarf" promotion to include guerilla 2
  • add 25% hills attack
  • add 30% hills defense
  • make dwarf exclude guerilla2 (if dwarf, then cannot buy guerilla 2)

Consequences:
  • Dwarves are powerful in hills from the beginning
  • Units with guerilla 1&2 are better than dwarves on hills.
  • Units with guerilla 1&2 are equivalent to guerilla1 dwarves on hills.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Solution 1 variant 2 (more powerful) ----------------------------------------------------------------

Change "dwarf" promotion to include guerilla 1&2
  • add 45% hills attack
  • add 60% hills defense
  • make dwarf exclude guerilla2 (if dwarf, then cannot buy guerilla 2)

Consequences:
  • Dwarves are very powerful in hills from the beginning
  • Units with guerilla 1&2 are equivalent to dwarves on hills.
  • Units with guerilla 1&2 are weaker than guerilla1 dwarves on hills.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Other solutions ----------------------------------------------------------------
Give other bonuses to dwarves (not related to movement on hills)
  • easy add defense bonus on hills?
  • easy add free "magic resistance" promotion
  • harder create an "entrench" spell (augment defense and/or add "hidden" on a hill, cancelled by movement or attack) WARNING TO SELF: "entrench" spell exists (mechanos only, fortifies units)
  • ?

I was recently playing a game as Auric, and noted down a few bugs and comments:

When becoming a Greater Werewolf: "Has reached the peek" should be "Has reached the peak"
When Baron Duin Halfmorn has Subdue Animal and kills an animal, combat results in both a subdued animal and a werewolf animal. (May be the case for other werewolves, not tested)
Spell "Steal Cattle" has no description, not even one saying it has no proper description. (Was browsing through the Civiliopedia)

Also, a comment/complaint (I know the Civiliopedia is incomplete and a lot of work, but this was annoying): Late in the game, I was hit by a spell (I assume) that damaged all my units with death damage, shrank my cities, and gave them each 30-60 unhealthiness from 'blight,' of which I could find no mention anywhere in the Civilopedia. The Event log merely said 'Spell resisted' and then all the effects - I'm assuming I resisted with the first unit or city, and so it didn't bother to tell me the name, but then it hit the rest of my units and cities. I have no idea what caused this or how to fix it.
I checked world spells thoroughly, and couldn't find any that did anything like this - and the only civs left at this point were the Cualli and Clan of Embers. It happened the turn after I destroyed the Archos, though I doubt that's related.

Also, a comment/complaint (I know the Civiliopedia is incomplete and a lot of work, but this was annoying): Late in the game, I was hit by a spell (I assume) that damaged all my units with death damage, shrank my cities, and gave them each 30-60 unhealthiness from 'blight,' of which I could find no mention anywhere in the Civilopedia. The Event log merely said 'Spell resisted' and then all the effects - I'm assuming I resisted with the first unit or city, and so it didn't bother to tell me the name, but then it hit the rest of my units and cities. I have no idea what caused this or how to fix it.
I checked world spells thoroughly, and couldn't find any that did anything like this - and the only civs left at this point were the Cualli and Clan of Embers. It happened the turn after I destroyed the Archos, though I doubt that's related.

That's called Blight, and this is the first sign of Apocalypse. When Armageddon Counter reaches 30 - BAM! - enjoy your global death damage and 60 unhealth.

Hmm. Never had it happen before, even when the AC went that high before. Also, It'd be nice to have documentation of that somewhere.

copy/pasting text I tried to post yesterday, but CFC went down:

First of all: hills are not features or terrains. Neither are peaks. They are their own special cases, with special rules. So when you see <iMovement>1</iMovement> for hills it means nothing. How much extra it cost to traverse hills is decided by the HILLS_EXTRA_MOVEMENT GlobalDefine. So yes, the iMovement tag for hills is useless. As is TerrainDoubleMoves etc because hills is not a terrain.

I followed the code and iHillMoveCost is indeed bugged. It did nothing. I've fixed it. The value was saved etc, it was just the one line making it actually do something that was missing.

How it works in the DLL I just uploaded:
<iHillMoveCost>-1</iHillMoveCost> will simply remove the extra cost added by the terrain being a hill. So moving into a grassland hill will cost 1 move. Moving into a forested grassland hill will cost 2 movement, because that is the cost for moving into a forest.

I believe this is how it's supposed to work, making it less powerful than double moves.

When becoming a Greater Werewolf: "Has reached the peek" should be "Has reached the peak"
Thanks. Corrected that.
When Baron Duin Halfmorn has Subdue Animal and kills an animal, combat results in both a subdued animal and a werewolf animal. (May be the case for other werewolves, not tested)
I found some code trying to prevent the double capture. I will read that in details later
Code:
if (pOpponent.getCaptureUnitType(pOpponent.getCivilizationType()) == -1 and gc.getUnitInfo(pCaster.getUnitType()).getUnitCreateFromCombat() == -1):	#Prevents gaining 2 units from a single combat, could still get a Wolf and a Slave right now however, but don't want to have Werewolves disabled completely by following Slavery Civic
Spell "Steal Cattle" has no description, not even one saying it has no proper description. (Was browsing through the Civiliopedia)
Mhmmm, never heard about the spell.
/me opens the civpedia ...
Civpedia said:
"Steal cattle", requires "Cattle Rustler"
"Cattle Rustler, allows "Steal cattle"
:confused:
That was ... helpful...

searching ....
found it
Code:
<SpawnGroupInfo>	<!--  Cattle Rustlers --><!-- 76 -->
			<Type>SPAWN_GROUP_CATTLE_RUSTLIERS</Type>
			<Description>Cattle Rustlers</Description>
			<iWeight>500</iWeight>
			<CommanderUnits>
				<Unit>UNIT_WARRIOR</Unit>
			</CommanderUnits>
			<GroupUnitClasses>
				<GroupUnitClass>
					<UnitClass>UNITCLASS_WARRIOR</UnitClass>
					<iNumUnits>2</iNumUnits>
				</GroupUnitClass>
			</GroupUnitClasses>
			<CommanderPromotions>
				<Promotion>PROMOTION_CATTLE_RUSTLER</Promotion>
				<Promotion>PROMOTION_LEADER2</Promotion>
			</CommanderPromotions>
				<PrereqTechANDs>
				<Tech>TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY</Tech>
			</PrereqTechANDs>
		</SpawnGroupInfo>

<Type>PROMOTION_CATTLE_RUSTLER</Type>

<Type>PROMOTION_STOLEN_CATTLE</Type>
<PythonPostCombatLost>postCombatStolenCattle(pCaster, pOpponent)</PythonPostCombatLost>

<Type>SPELL_STEAL_CATTLE</Type>
<PyRequirement>reqStealCattle(pCaster)</PyRequirement>
<PyResult>spellStealCattle(pCaster)</PyResult>

<Type>SPELL_RETURN_CATTLE</Type>
<PyResult>spellReturnCattle(pCaster)</PyResult>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
def postCombatStolenCattle(caster, opponent):
	iCattle = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_STOLEN_CATTLE')
	opponent.setHasPromotion(iCattle, True)

def reqStealCattle(pCaster):
	pPlot = pCaster.plot()
	if pPlot.getBonusType(-1) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_COW'):
		return true

def spellStealCattle(pCaster):
	pPlot = pCaster.plot()
	if pPlot.getBonusType(-1) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_COW'):
		pPlot.setBonusType(-1)
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iCattle, True)

def spellReturnCattle(pCaster):
	pPlot = pCaster.plot()
	pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_COW'))
	pCaster.setHasPromotion(iCattle, False)

For people who don't read code, that means a group of barbarians can spawn with the ability to steal cattle on tiles.
Leading to two questions:
  • Does this group really spawn ingame?
  • Does the AI know how to handle it?
For now, I'll just add a quick description explaining that the promotion and spell are for random barbarian units, and investigate all this later.
--> #bug 112

Late in the game, I was hit by a spell (I assume) that damaged all my units with death damage, shrank my cities, and gave them each 30-60 unhealthiness from 'blight,' of which I could find no mention anywhere in the Civilopedia.
As Gangrin said, it's caused by the high Armageddon Counter.
I'll see what info we can add to the Armageddon article (category FFH concepts)

First of all: hills are not features or terrains. Neither are peaks. They are their own special cases, with special rules. So when you see <iMovement>1</iMovement> for hills it means nothing. How much extra it cost to traverse hills is decided by the HILLS_EXTRA_MOVEMENT GlobalDefine. So yes, the iMovement tag for hills is useless. As is TerrainDoubleMoves etc because hills is not a terrain.

I followed the code and iHillMoveCost is indeed bugged. It did nothing. I've fixed it. The value was saved etc, it was just the one line making it actually do something that was missing.

How it works in the DLL I just uploaded:
<iHillMoveCost>-1</iHillMoveCost> will simply remove the extra cost added by the terrain being a hill. So moving into a grassland hill will cost 1 move. Moving into a forested grassland hill will cost 2 movement, because that is the cost for moving into a forest.

I believe this is how it's supposed to work, making it less powerful than double moves.
Ronkhar bows humbly before all this knowledge :goodjob:
That's exactly what I wanted.

Sourceforge DLL said:
Bugfix 29/06/12
But I think it's 2013. :p

I copy/paste the comment box and usually almost forget changing the year. This time it was more than almost. Some part of me seems to actually believe it's still 2012 :p

bug or exploit? i take, for example, a dominated elephant to a city and have it make the elephant stable. this releases the elephant back to the wild, which i then re-dominate and move on to the next city. repeat....
you can also upgrade the elephant to war elephant which is under the dominators control and puts the elephant back in the wild to be dominated again.

So I'm in a Khazad game atm Arturus Leader. Game crashes as I complete Guild of Hammers. Any ideas? I downloaded the complete link from the 19th. Second game I have had this issue. Going to try it with Bannor to see if it is a dwarven thing since they have a UB with it.

bug or exploit? i take, for example, a dominated elephant to a city and have it make the elephant stable.
Ok.
this releases the elephant back to the wild,
Errrr. No. The unit is meant to disappear. (and it's what it did for me 2 minutes ago). Or do you mean there is a function ingame that makes sure there are always elephants on the map?
When you read the code, it is the exact same function for the elephants, great people and supplies (you put them in your city and you "recycle" them into a building)

If it does something else in your game and you have not modded anything, send me your save on the turn you build the stable (when you still have the elephant).

So I'm in a Khazad game atm Arturus Leader. Game crashes as I complete Guild of Hammers. Any ideas? I downloaded the complete link from the 19th. Second game I have had this issue. Going to try it with Bannor to see if it is a dwarven thing since they have a UB with it.

I tried it (accelerating the game with worldbuilder).
Khazad (UB=dwarven smithy) --> crash
Mazat (standard forge)--> no problem.
mechanos (UB = factory) --> no problem
So most likely a specific problem.

Dwarven smithy can't be opened in civpedia. Probably related.
edit: The problem comes from the art for dwarven smithy.
I tested replacing it with another one and it worked like a charm.
Code:
<!-- <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_DWARVEN_SMITHY</ArtDefineTag> -->
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_TOWER_OF_NECROMANCY</ArtDefineTag>

I'm now checking if it comes from the nif file (Art/Structures/Buildings/Dwarven Smithy/GauriFoundry.nif)
Code:
<!--<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Dwarven Smithy/GauriFoundry.nif</NIF> -->
<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Blasting Workshop/gauriworkshop.nif</NIF>
Changing the nif file (without changing any other value) solves it.

it happens with any dominated unit (I just do it with animals for the city and scout benefits)
'killing' the unit makes it barbarian again in an adjacent tile. i'll upload a save on Saturday where gibbon is taking an elephant for a walk :)

Top Bottom