Derf's Ashes Modules

a few more issues...

saila and the keeper of nogormotha events have stopped. i got an option to build shrine of the keeper(i think?), clicked on the option (pink blob graphic) and got a ctd.

from rife launcher...
the fortification mod has a conflict with more events mod (the tower of eyes)
jotnar mod has a conflict to do with unit art styles radiant

for some reason when playing amurites i can't load a save game once i exit the game, but i can load one while still in the game.

The issues reported by the RiFE Launcher can safely be ignored. They show up because the modules modify what's in the core game, or two modules are modifying the same thing as is the case with Fortifications and MoreEvents. There are compatibility lines I really should add to the info files in the modules to fix this, but there's no indication of what to put to make it stop reporting it when a module modifies core game files.

In short: Ignore those ones.

Saila and Noggormotha. If you have Frozen loaded, this is a known issue.
If you are getting pink-blobbery with Noggormotha, make sure the module's folder is named "noggormotha" wihout quotes, and you have the most recent version as I've fixed several art issues lately.

Amurites. If you can provide a list of modules loaded and a save, I'll see if I can replicate the cause and solve from there.

ok this is weird. i can load early game saves fine, so maybe i have a hardware problem or a late game amurite problem....
saila and noggormotha still don't activate although both are up to date and correctly installed. i have all your modules loaded except the new civs (myu, mao) plus early modules dural, bannorchainofcommand, etc. frozen has always been disabled.

reinstalled noggormotha and everchanging, working ok now... :/
will try an amurite long game to see if i can replicate the save issue. with my luck it'll never happen again.

Haven't been able to duplicate these issues my end, going through the module code one by one to see if I've missed something again.

In the meantime, following remarks made on the Rebirth and Legend thread, here's Jotnar 2.3:
-Plot radius has been set back to +3, not +1.

This gives them Kurio-style range and allows them to collect and work far more resources per city. The Traditions Civic, which is unchanged, gives them no maintenance due to the distance between a city and the palace, but massively increases how much they pay for having many cities.
This combined with the change above makes it similar to the Kuriotates, only without the factor of limiting how many cities before you have to go to settlements, making them more powerful.

do you think you could render "gun's wyrm and steel" module compatible with AoE or your "rebirth"?
(or at least take some of their main concepts and adapt" ?

I'll have to track down the last versions of them of course, which shouldn't be too hard. I'll have to see what I can do with the free time I have.

truth be told, I haven't played yet with it... but I remember that I was very interested in what was proposed.
the best (for me) would be (for you) to convert what is best of G-W-S... instead of just porting all :) .. but I won't ask you to do that .

in any case, I have 3-5 versions of it somewhere on my HD.

Hi there long time player of Rise of Erbus its quality btw :goodjob:,

I now have Ashes from Erbus installed can anyone help in how I download any off these mods/updates?

Thanks

you download the mods, and put them in :
/"your civ folder" / beyond the sword / mods / Ashes of Erebus / modules / normal modules
(plus you use the "rife launcher" to launche AoE.... and here you check that all the modules you have are with the "green comma" )

someone will need to confirm that however.

you download the mods, and put them in :
/"your civ folder" / beyond the sword / mods / Ashes of Erebus / modules / normal modules
(plus you use the "rife launcher" to launche AoE.... and here you check that all the modules you have are with the "green comma" )

someone will need to confirm that however.

Cheers many thanks, eh do you have a safe link to the mods? last one was blocked by chrome as malware

Cheers many thanks, eh do you have a safe link to the mods? last one was blocked by chrome as malware

Chrome likes to say to the user that any compressed file that is not frequently downloaded and includes executable files is "possibly malware". As a result, it happens with most mods. I'd trust my antivirus instead of Chrome.

Derf, nice work you done!

Can you consider work on AoE itself? 23.04 is last date of any update from Ronkhar, but many places can be tweaked by art changes\ xml.

I'm not involved with the development of Ashes of Erebus, and I have my own views about which way development should go that don't coincide with AoE - hence my creation of Rebirth and Legend.

I can't guarantee all my modules in here will work with Rebirth, but that's on my todo list. In most cases they should work, maybe with a few minor tweaks in places. Several of the modules have actually been merged into the core code of Rebirth (See Rebirth's thread, the changelog has details), and several more are planned to be merged. Of course I also have plans to modularize several parts of the main game, but that's a fair ways off.

As for Rebirth itself, I know it doesn't get as many updates or as often, but I'm up against time restraints and tackling an annoying issue with Hell Terrain (or the lack thereof, actually) which makes it extraordinarily difficult for anyone aiming for Gone to Hell.
The main reasons I started Rebirth was because of views on how development should go. As is noted in its thread, I pay credit to the Ashes of Erebus devs, as their changelogs provided me with direction for fixing a number of issues. But there are changes they've made that I don't think should have been made for various reasons. Maintaining my own branch of base RiFE allows me to explore them my way.
And break things. Many, many things.

Hey Derf. I'm getting a conflict of modules for the scion healthcare. Anyway to fix it? Does it effect gameplay at all?

I started playing anyways with the scion, I have about millions in debt for each turn and every single unit I have and build can get unlimitedly upgraded...

These modules are all intended for use with Ashes of Erebus - they have not been tested on RiFE 1.4 without AoE. Use them there at your own risk - but do tell me if they work fine, I'll add a tag on them here.

If I were interested in testing these out with "base" RifE (I play RifE 1.41 with Snarko's patch), would I have play with one module active at any given time to see if that's what's causing any given problem? The final version of RifE experiences occasional both random and recurring CtDs, so might not be able to identify whether one of these modules was the problem.

It'd be a sound way of picking up if a module is causing them, and if so, which one. Not ideal, I know.
Alternatively, have a look at Rebirth and Legend - it's based off base RiFE, and should have at least some of the fixes that are around. If not, I'll start working on another bug hunt instead of tinkering around and breaking things in preparation for other plans (It's been happening a lot).
At some point I should probably make RiFE and Rebirth compatible versions of many of these modules, I know, but between time and working on the main code I admit I keep putting it off.

Top Bottom