Hearts of Iron 2

RedRalph

Deity
I know there an other games thread but theres generally no one one it. I've got a ciopy in the post to me, has anyone here played it and can you give me some verdicts?

I know there an other games thread but theres generally no one one it. I've got a ciopy in the post to me, has anyone here played it and can you give me some verdicts?

Absolutely awesome.

I am now playing the Modern Day Scenario 2 v1.5, where you can unite Europe (peacefully) as the EU - terrific!

Excellent. I dont think anything wille ver replace Civ for me - but I wanted to try somehting that was more militarily focused while being reasonably similar. how does the diplomacy compare to Civ?

Get the Doomsday expansion pack. I've just started playing it again recently. Amazing game:goodjob: Take a look in the 'other games' forum, theres a few threads on the game in there!

I have Armageddon and I play it constantly.

Later into the game it becomes unplayable due to slowness with the massive amounts of calculation the computer has to do.

1936-1946 are my playable years. I am waiting for v1.2 to hopefully fix this, then I won't have a social life anymore.

Doomsday rocks!

Happy to see more people getting into Paradox' stuff!:goodjob:

Though for me the addiction is rather "Victoria. It's like the heroin of über-complex (commercial) strategy games.:bong-smily:

Steph: and there is no waiting in Europa Universalis then?

At least when WW2 breaks out theres lots to do in HoI2... but both games are of a very slow tempo..

Although I'm a big fan of Europa Universalis, I didn't like the Heart of Iron series that much.

absolutely, though I don't know why exactly...

Happy to see more people getting into Paradox' stuff!:goodjob:

Though for me the addiction is rather "Victoria. It's like the heroin of über-complex (commercial) strategy games.:bong-smily:
ah yes, another one of my favourites, especially with the Revolutions expansion :)

But you can allways adjust the game speed. I got the game little more than 2 months ago, and, sadly, didn't played CIV since.

Steph: and there is no waiting in Europa Universalis then?

At least when WW2 breaks out theres lots to do in HoI2... but both games are of a very slow tempo..
There is waiting EU, but I don't mind it, while I find the HoI waiting boring.

Also, I like the exploring, colonization, multipolar diplomacy...

HoI2 is to "historical"

whats the diplo in HOI2 like? Can someone compare it to Civ4 diplo for me?

I love HOI2, EU3, and Victoria: the triple threat of Paradox. I was heavy into all 3 games until CivIV Warlords came out. BtS further delayed my return, but I'm feeling EU3 call again. (EU3 was my favorite, but each game has its own special draw.)

edit - Speaking of Paradox, EU players they may recognize my forum name from a naval event in Europa Universalis II (the Stolen Rutters event). I have been using the name in many a forum since.

XD, yes, I do recognize the event now that you mention it. Shame on you, sinking people to steal their maps.

(Man. EU II is not installed on my computer for the first time in years...but then again, there is only one game currently installed, and it is, in fact, EU III).

Can't wait for EU:Rome. And I keep thinking I should get CK+DV off Gamersgate. It's the one major Paradox title (There is no such thing as Diplomacy) I'm still missing :-D

There is waiting EU, but I don't mind it, while I find the HoI waiting boring.

Also, I like the exploring, colonization, multipolar diplomacy...

HoI2 is to "historical"

Try Modern Day Scenario v1.5

I've swallowed almost entire continental Europe. You can choose EU as a player, but you start with nothing - you have to persuade the member countries to give up on their national sovereignty.

Currently, my industrial capacity is two times bigger than the American. Soon, I am gonna start a trans-atlantic "enlargement" :evil: :mischief:

Top Bottom